We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Very old thread, but anyways. I was thinking of getting a GoPro camera and mounting it somewhere in my truck and I could also use it on my helmet and recording some of my rides on my ATV or dirtbike in the desert. I doubt it though, so I'll stick to my phone camera.

I keep looking at the GoPros, but then I start thinking "When will I ever use it?" and "I've already got enough cameras as it is". With those two things in mind and the cost of the GoPros in the first place I don't think I'll ever get one despite how good the videos look.

I keep meaning to do a 30-70MPH video for this thread. Not doing 0-60MPH because 1st gear in my car always renders quick starts a waste of time because as soon as I pull off I've got to change into 2nd anyway, but 30-70 is where it should shine in 3rd gear. Tried it the other day without recording to clear all of the soot out of the system and I wish I had a camera facing behind me. It was one of the biggest diesel smoke screens I've ever seen, I was laughing all the way to work after that. Many, many months of carbon build-up was expelled in those few seconds :p

I was overtaking a few cars (dual carriage way), the first one was a Peugeot 308 SW, he got most of the smoke I think. Most people around here don't seem to care if they get smothered in diesel smoke though :p

That's the first time I've ever really given the car some stick, most of the time I just trundle around at under 2,500RPM surfing on the torque.

• 2 months later...

If you have a decent camera buy a camera mount. I highly reccommend the Delkin Fat Gecko, it holds extremely well. The do a double-suction mount as well if you don't have confidence in it :p

Spotted some nice cars :D

And for anyone who finds these videos boring, good news! I have more interesting ones from the GT-Four coming soon :p