We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon: An Open World Forza!!

hassan1995

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Game with Dev event takes place from 10AM PST (6PM GMT I think) and lasts the whole day. Both Forza 4 and Horizon will be in it and it's your chance to win a Unicorn and maybe even a DLC pack if you're fastest finger with the codes they post.

These are always well busy and it can take anywhere from 5mins to a few hours before you'll find an available room to enter but hey it's kind of fun and you can win free stuff. Which is always good right? :D

So I was playing the game 30 mins ago, and it finally gave me my loyalty cars from Forza 4! :wdd:

Also when looking at what cars to get it had 'DLC' & 'New' markers next to alot of manufactures, checked and often nothing new in them! Peugeot, Ultama & Audi the ones I remember off hand.

Found this odd and woundering if im the only one to have this?

Is that all the update did? I got my loyalty cars on day 1.

Did it happen to change anything with the braking? I'd heard some reviews complaining about the brakes locking up too easily and only recently switched to ABS off. They don't seem bad at all so I just found it odd.

Anyone else find it hard to win rally stages? I'm pounding the courses on hard difficulty and still finishing 18th :S
I was and then only realised I had left opponent difficulty at Insane after I completed the game to see if it got me more money from the Instant Races. Still not sure if it does tbh. :lol: Then I put it to Hard and I've only completed the 1st Rally but 1st and top 3 were coming up nicely, I did notice the car you use determines a lot whether you will come up top or fall down to the middle of the pack. A B500 Impreza 22B was better for me than a B500 Evo VIII for example.

Forza Horizon... its a disappointing game. To me, TDU2 is far superior and heres why:

-Exploration is better

-Graphics are near enough the same

-I play to have fun and to not replicate real life too much so TDU2 is more enjoyable in terms of "physics"

-Walk around feature is great for immersion

-Dealerships are a fun way to acquire new cars instead of dull lists

-Houses are a better way to enjoy car collections instead of more dull lists

-Customisation for your character

-More freedom

-Online in TDU2 is more enjoyable and is not as repetitive as FH

-Better storyline (yes i'm serious)

- Off-roading is far more enjoyable (go wherever you like)

-Don't feel confined (barriers EVERYWHERE make FH feel like a massive track)

-Camera angles are much, much better in TDU2 (in FH some cars have front ends that are not properly viewable because of awkward camera angles)

-Interior view is better (you can see around the whole cockpit, look at the radio and buttons etc instead of FH where your head is "locked" so you can only see from side to side

-TDU2 has weather which is an immersion triumph (even though window wipers don't work)

-More interesting locations (old medieval towers, farms, and pretty villages are just a few examples)

-Clubs are infinitely more enjoyable

and i'm sure theres a few more examples out there.

So, don't forget just how much of a great game TDU2 is- it offers something so unique. Its a damn shame it was, IMO, rushed. But no other game (especially FH) has matched its open world driving appeal.

end post/ :P

Meh, the physics really kill it for me. It is a driving game after all, not having physics (and to a lesser extent, a car list that sucks) really defeats the purpose of a driving game. Had they spent all the time making the crappy clothing DLC on the physics it would be a lot better of a game, and I might actually play it, because then it would be a kind of worthy successor to TDU. But if/until they do that, I refuse to play anything made by Atari. Let alone buy another TDU if they make one.