We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DSG Paddle Extensions

Ryzza5

Which paddles would suit best (choose one from the first 4 options, and one from the last 3 options)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which paddles would suit best (choose one from the first 4 options, and one from the last 3 options)

• Cheap #1: Black with red script
    • Cheap #2: German flag
    • Cheap #3: Silver with black script
    • Cheap #4: Carbon fibre
    • Expensive #1: Satin Chrome with black inlay
    • Expensive #2: Black
    • Expensive #3: Stainless Steel

I've casually asked before but since work is quiet I'll try to get some more opinions.

Basically the OEM paddles in the Golf (or any VW) don't extend enough to be accessible at all when the wheel is turned, so they're only good for going straight. Sure, in a proper manual you're not really supposed to change gears while turning but with the fast gear changes and no loss in power thanks to DSG, this isn't a concern (I've shifted gears using the tiptronic shifter in the centre console area before when I couldn't reach the pedals).

The dilemma is that while I've found suitable extensions for the paddles that all have good reviews, the prices are way beyond what I'd consider reasonable (around $200 shipped). I was happy to find an eBay seller in China who has these for a much better price ($46 shipped), but not in the colours I'm interested in.

So, I'll get pics of all the colours and copy them below, and then you can tell me which colour you'd choose from the cheap batch, and then which you'd get if money was no object (in which case you would've bough the BMW 1M... probably) xD Keep in mind I have the beige interior.

2011-09-17%252013.57.48.jpg

Cheap Options (exactly the same product as sold for $200 in the USA, just less colours available)

1. Black with red script

2. German flag

3. Silver with black script

4. Carbon fibre

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc437/cargear07/_DSC0151_conew3.jpg

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc437/cargear07/_DSC0086_conew2.jpg

Other Options

5. Satin chrome with black inlay (the one with no writing on it)

yhst-48190566970365_2200_43149731yhst-48190566970365_2200_43486408

6. Black

238679_x600.jpg

7. Stainless Steel

79659_x600.jpg238674_x600.jpg

Guest MrLolololXD

Whoops, I didn't realise I had to choose both of the options on the same vote, I thought I could tick one, choose vote now and then do it again :kbsmash:

Cheapo: Carbon Fibre

Mr Millionaire: Satin chrome with the black insert

I didn't like any of the 'cheap' options. Superhyper pretty much summed it up for me. Personally I think carbon fiber doesn't fit in with a beige interior.

I just voted for the Stainless Steel because it matches with your steering wheel and accent trim. If the satin with black inlay doesn't have that writing on it, then I would choose that over the plain satin.