We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!]

Speeder

Speeder,

I spent a whole hour trying to launch TDU via Logitechs Profiler - still no luck. I did more research into the issue and summarized it as follows :

-Users have reported their G27's working perfectly fine in 1.45

-Everyones G27 has stopped since the release of 1.66a many years ago

-reference url

forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-Please-fix-FFB-in-Test-Drive-Unlimited-1-66a-PC/td-p/433408?nobounce

Until then there has been no word of a G27 fix until your project Speeder. The thread makes mention of a "specific lockout" from a logitech employee as well as the following reply from Atari :

"Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. Unfortunately, it appears that the function you are referring to was removed in the latest patch of the game. We apologize for this inconvenience as no further development is being made on Test Drive Unlimited at this time. We appreciate your time and thank you for playing."

Regarding your fix, from asking around, it seems that your fix works just fine on users running 64 bit, but half of them have no FFB. I am running 7 enterprise 32 bit, to date I have not heard of another 32 bit user with a working G27 in this.

Is there any chance you could take a look at the G27 wheel fix again or detail what your fix involves? Playing TDU H mode with no assists is very frustrating with a pad, your help would be greatly appreciated !

in TDU?

No the LEDs do not work. Regarding those who have a working G27 - are any of them on 32bit? I have a feeling that the 32 and 64 g27 drivers are different, tho this is just a hunch of mine, I honestly have no clue what your fix involves.

I have cross verified this with another friend who owns a G27 - he was around during the transition period between 1.45 and 1.66a on the original servers and reports the same symptoms ; his g27 worked perfectly fine on 1.45 but once 1.66a was out , his wheel would stay locked too like mine. Adding / removing the wheel fix has no apparent effect on my end, the wheel stays locked. However I do recall a single occasion where the wheel acctually unlocked itself - and was generating FFB ingame ! However that was a one off occassion, during then I was unable to map controller axis - it would complain about a key conflict / key in use (my tdu profile is mapped to my old g25 so I was planning on remapping each function)

In TDU1 my wheel stays locked the entire time, as though the drivers do not detect that a game is running / controller is not active.

On that note, my leds have only worked in F1 2012 and in rFactor with a plugin, I'm not too bothered with LED's at all , just a working wheel with FFB really.

Thanks for looking into the matter, it is much appreciated!

--- Post Updated ---

Oh I just thought of this recently - since your wheel fix involves a dll - do you think registering it with regsvr32 would help ?

Hello.

Just a question - does this mod have any impact on the computers performance?

Do the new mods - if project paradice is requested - have any impact on the computers performance?

Can the project paradise mod be deleted by uninstaller? I´m not sure if installing will be appreciated by my old computer...

cheers

Jan

hey there m8

Well first of Project Paradise is not a mod its a patch ;)

It depends on if u activate -SD or -HD, ur GPU might need alot more power if u got a old one

nope -bigbnks is just for more filespace thats all and all mods like cars,rims,sounds even new road textures dont even use 3% power of a good GPU

why uninstaller?, u can copy and paste the files or just delete then thats it ^^

Ps: If speeder needs to correct me ur free to go bro ^^

I want say thanks to mod developers, for this mod I started to play tdu :D But i have bug with fuel mode - i see fuel indicator, but fuel never get low :( I try big amount of cars and long rides in free roam, but nothing - fuel always 100%

Got the same problem sometimes. I have to relaunch the game to make it work. It's not a big deal. I use the paradise_launcher.

If at some point your savegame got corrupted (before the 1.66A it was quite usual to see that; and one way to get the ace level :D) it can mess with the mileage system (on which the mod is relying). An easy way to see if that's the case: your mileage should be stuck (and maybe even set to 0.0).

We tried to find a way to fix that but that's quite complicated.

hey there m8

Well first of Project Paradise is not a mod its a patch ;)

It depends on if u activate -SD or -HD, ur GPU might need alot more power if u got a old one

nope -bigbnks is just for more filespace thats all and all mods like cars,rims,sounds even new road textures dont even use 3% power of a good GPU

why uninstaller?, u can copy and paste the files or just delete then thats it ^^

Ps: If speeder needs to correct me ur free to go bro ^^

Hi guys,

thanks for your input.

@COMB@T_$HOTGUN

So it means, if I don´t activate SD or HD, it wont impact the GPU?

My computer is an old one, but TDU works very well on it. I don´t need SD or HD, I only want the newest mods. :D

Thanks

Jan

Offtop:

I have a problem with cops in game - in free roam i can't find any cop car, but i can crash 5 traffic cars and get forfeit. In races with cops i can crash into invisible cop car :/ If i get TDU.exe to use only one core of processor, cops are normal, but FPS gets to 25-30. There is some fix?

Offtop:

I have a problem with cops in game - in free roam i can't find any cop car, but i can crash 5 traffic cars and get forfeit. In races with cops i can crash into invisible cop car :/ If i get TDU.exe to use only one core of processor, cops are normal, but FPS gets to 25-30. There is some fix?

Cops were disabled in online free ride, even in the original game.

Invisible cop car sounds like some issues with the traffic patch (in the 1.68). You could use the Vsync option if you get weird AI behavior (it can sometimes help). :)

G27 user here, I am indeed on 64 bit though. What I've found is that launching from the Logitech profiler usually breaks the wheel or pedals, but launching from Speeder's launcher or a shortcut/TDU.exe doesn't. Not sure if that helps but might help narrow down the problem :)

Thanks, that definitely confirms my hunch about the G27 fix only working on 64 bit, I am almost certain that the wheel fix does not work on 32 bit. On that note - If anyone here is on 32 bit with a working g27 please say something lol.

I'll give speeders launcher a try this weekend ; just noticed it recently from the latest update.