We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DGSotW Week 19: Lightweight Track Day Car[s]

Ryzza5

Pick the Week 19 winner for best Lightweight TrackDay Car photo  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Week 19 winner for best Lightweight TrackDay Car photo

Congratulations to Santtu for winning the Driving Game Screenshot of the Week last week.

* Stick to the implied theme (don't look for technical loopholes)

* Images must not exceed 800kB, and be at least 990px wide by 340px tall.

* Each person who enters must cast a vote in the same week to remain eligible. You may not vote for yourself.

* Winning image must not be of TDU2 as you risk account suspension.

* Winner picks the next theme, unless winning consecutively, in which case the runner up decides.

* Winner has 48h to PM a new theme to me or another member of staff if I'm away, if they fail to meet this then the theme will be a free round.

* Competition is limited to games on all platforms of any age that are classified as driving/racing games. (i.e. FPS games that have cars in them wouldn't be eligible). Please mention what game your screenshot is from.

* Minor non-enhancing editing permitted (cropping, addition of your name, etc) is permitted, as long as the actual screenshot isn't tampered with. Just like all these other comps.

Week 19: Lightweight open-top Track Day Car

KTM X-Bow, BAC Mono, Ariel Atom, Caterham, etc, etc (Does not include lightened sports/supercars (Porsche GT3 RS, Ferrari CS, etc)

1 - Loz

Caterham_1_001.jpg

2 - Ryzza5

pCARS%25202013-02-24%252020-15-05-47.jpg

3 - Rassva

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

4 - Clarence

8509889855_6c9ee64372_b.jpg

5 - Santtu

pCARS+2013-02-18+12-14-49-45+copy.JPG

6 - Milli

Y2PKHa0.jpg

7 - TimBud

8519778059_46eaef3b44_c.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if i'll enter in FM4 or Shift 2... Got right into NFS this weekend, set my fanatec up properly and fiddled with the ingame settings a bit- its really not a bad game from a driving sense, its not GT5 or Forza, and certainly not rFactor etc, but its not as bad as what I once believed. Setting the handling to Elite really helps, I never noticed it... ahaha. ANYHOO- would a completely stripped out, possibly Works converted road car from Shift 2 count, or are we talking strictly superlight track dedicated cars?

edit: thats an epic shot btw Ryz

Well that was why I was asking.

because the 430 Scud, GT3Rs et al are not really stripped down. They're standard models.

Van Dammit this is hard work... I ask again. Only open top???

Sorry for being unclear, my point was that 430 scud is basically a stripped down 430 and the GT3RS is a stripped down 911 even though they're both production models. I guess open top only then. Go ahead Ryan :)

I'd like to add my 2 cents- would you consider cars like the Zonda R and the 599XX track day cars? Neither car can go on the road, ONLY the track. To me, that makes it a track day car. I understand that makes race cars eligible but lets all use our brains here for a sec and notice the difference between a racecar and something like an Ultima GTR, or a GT3RS, or an FXX... I just think theres too little choice, given that some cars are built FOR track days- rich folk track days, but track days none the less.

8509889855_6c9ee64372_b.jpg

So I spent hours and hours taking pictures of a 599XX, which to me is a track-day car since you can't legally drive it anywhere else, not to mention Ferrari don't even let you keep it. And when I went to post the picture, I saw the restrictions. A little heart broken I decided to just throw this together.

(FYI - I'm not actually mad at Santtu for his restrictions, it's his theme. I do think however, we need to define our choices a little bit more to Ryan when we submit them. I HOPE YOU GUYS VOTE FOR ME!)

I did actually give a few examples but people always have their own visions of all the themes and usually someone asks if they can do something that's on the edge of what's allowed and what's not. I'm just scared that if I let one person do what they want to, everyone else will start asking about their ideas and in the end it'll just be a huge mess :/ Sorry if anyone is offended by the fact that I'm quite strict with my themes.

Well the other thing is, when people see a theme they immediately get ideas so sometimes what may not seem so obvious to one person is to another. Not to mention that their games may somewhat constrain or even influence their idea for an entry.

This theme has merely shown this more due to the many ways it can be interpreted, even when stating open-top that still allows other less wanted avenues to come into play. Maybe it's just down to how some people interpret 'open-top track day cars', an S2000 or similar sportscar certainly doesn't spring to my mind when I hear that term, I think 340R, eleven, R500, Atom, Mono, X-Bow, all Radicals etc instead but then I like my racing and know my cars so maybe that's it. :)

Good thing is we got it sorted early enough to allow people to get in their entries. :cool:

That is the correct way to handle themes, as you said, you let ONE person do it and everyone else wants to do it, and the theme is then lost and chaos ensues... I just wont be entering this week lol, cant get into any of the available cars enough to get good photos.
Don't you have pCARS?