We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Geneva Motor Show - Opinions?

CarMadMike

Howdy,

This year's Geneva has had a few big unveilings, the 'LaFerrari' (:lol:), The Lamborghini Veneno, the Rolls Royce Wraith and a production Mclaren P1.

LaFerrari

Stats:

6.3-liter V12 engine with 789 horsepower married to a 160-hp electric motor

0-60 in less than 3 seconds

0-124 in less than 7 seconds

Top speed around 218mph

No mention of weight yet, or I haven't come across anything yet, which I find interesting.

laferrari.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mtv0iaTyZ4

Rolls Royce Wraith

Stats:

624-bhp V12 engine cranking out 590 pound-feet of torque

0-60 in 4.4 seconds

$245,000 starting price, ouch!

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Volkswagen XL1

Stats:

261mpg

0-60 in 12ish seconds.

Top speed 100mph

Meant to cost 6 figures, ouch!

001-volkswagen-xl1-geneva-2013628opt-1.jpg

Mclaren P1:

Stats:

3.8 litre V8, coupled with hybrid engine, producing 903bhp.

0-60 in sub 3 seconds

0-186 in sub 17 second

mclaren-p1-geneva.jpg

Lamborghini Veneno

Stats:

750BHP

220mph top speed

$3.9 million price tag?

Only 3 being produced?

lambo628.jpg

Corvette Stingray Convertible

Stats:

6.2 litre V8, 450bhp

0-60 in less than 4 seconds

_P__6383A.jpg

Koenigsegg Agera S Hundra:

Stats:

4000 man hours to build

1016bhp

0-62mph in 2.8sec

0-186mph-0 in 22.5sec.

_P__6001A.jpg

Bentley Flying Spur

Stats:

6.0-liter W12

616 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque

5,451-pound,

all-wheel-drive

60 miles per hour in 4.3 seconds

2014-bentley-flying-spur-1-1362439869.jpg

2013-bentley-flying-spur-geneva-5.jpg

Audi RS-Q3

Stats:

306bhp turbocharged 2.5-litre

0-60 in 5.5seconds

32.1mpg

_Y8F7498AA.jpg

Mercedes A45 AMG

Stats:

2.0-liter turbo

360 horsepower

332 pound-feet torque

0-60 time in less than 4.5 seconds

a45amglive.jpg

-----------

I'll keep the thread updated with more and new releases, but for now keep updated with:

Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

Autocar | First for car news and car reviews

AOL Cars: News, reviews, pictures & more on motoring | AOL Cars UK

Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

Opinions on the offerings? :)

"The thread was meant to spark fanwars/debates :p Post your opinions at least." - Mike

Okay then :D

The LaFerrari is a stupid stupid name. REALLY STUPID. I honestly don't think it looks that good though I imagine people will disagree... Ferrari badge makes anything good looking! The design doesn't really flow properly for me and just ends up looking weird and ugly. Not to mention, it's got the most unoriginal name I've ever heard. It's a stupid name.

The Lamborghini looks great though, crazy and nuts like a Lambo should look. Shame about the limited production and price-tag.

The Roller doesn't really look any different to any of the others... so.

That VW is just stupid.

McLaren looks nice though.

"The thread was meant to spark fanwars/debates :p Post your opinions at least." - Mike

Okay then :D

The LaFerrari is a stupid stupid name. REALLY STUPID. I honestly don't think it looks that good though I imagine people will disagree... Ferrari badge makes anything good looking! The design doesn't really flow properly for me and just ends up looking weird and ugly. Not to mention, it's got the most unoriginal name I've ever heard. It's a stupid name.

The Lamborghini looks great though, crazy and nuts like a Lambo should look. Shame about the limited production and price-tag.

The Roller doesn't really look any different to any of the others... so.

That VW is just stupid.

McLaren looks nice though.

I don't agree that the VW is stupid, I think it's just like an expensive new type of TV, way too expensive and no one will buy one until it's less than halved in price. However the technology used is revolutionary I think, 261mpg? Jeez, how much money would that save everyone.

I like the roller, it feels a bit more complete as a coupe than the Phantom Coupe ever did, still a tank though haha.

McLaren looks odd in yellow, however it could be in bright pink and still be more sensible than the name of the frigging LaFerrari, I genuinely think they've tainted the car for me by calling it something so stupid haha

I love this new generation of hypercars, the Veneno is definitely my favourite :drool: LaFerrari is the dumbest name ever for a car, love the looks of it though. I still need some time to get used to the design of the P1 but all in all, it's great to see some proper crazy cars being made :nods:

Other things I like are the VW (though the price is crazy :eek:) and the A45, cool little cars :)

My quick and dirty: That profile shot of the RR reminds me of a Mustang. Of all the supercars, the Ferrari looks the nicest. The AMG has ridiculous power for a hatchback, I wonder if it's RWD? The P1 looks like it's melting, and the C7 looks even worse with it's roof chopped off. The Flying Spur is nice though.

I like the LaFerrari strangely, I'm not usually bothered by Ferraris, but I like that. Quite like the Stingray as well, don't know what the rest of it looks like though. The Koenigsegg looks like any other Koenigsegg to me.

Everything else is meh, especially the Audi. Is it an A1? Or is it an A3? Or is it an A4? Or is it an A5? Or is it an A6? Or is it an A7? They all look the same from the front, complete yawnfest.

The AMG has ridiculous power for a hatchback, I wonder if it's RWD? The P1 looks like it's melting

The A 45 AMG (and upcoming variations of it) is AWD.

Melting. That's the right word! I think they should not stick strictly to aerodynamics and make finally something better looking. And think of better names, Mr. LaMontezemolo.

I'll update this thread with the most controversial 911 GT3:

Stats:

PDK is the only available 'box :(

35 kg heavier than its predecessor (1430 kg) :(

Active rear wheel steering and standard PASM :hmmm:

3.8 liter flat-six (it's no longer the famous Mezger flat-six that was basically made for racing 40 years ago)

468 hp @ 8250 RPM

0 to 62 in 3.5 sec

192 MPH

car_photo_564142_25.jpg

The best looking car unveiled at this year's Geneva Motor Show in my opinion.

Over all it was a good selections of cars shown the agera s the merc the mclaren p1 all great looking cars,

However the Laferrari is hands down the best car from the show imo great car looks absolutely amazing and is a worthy replacement to the enzo, the name however bit fully :mhmm:

Ferrari- impavido

Ferrari- velocità

Any thing that is relevant to the car would of suited the car :mhmm:

Another car:

Alfa Romeo 4C:

_P__6820.JPG

Those headlights make it look as if it has an STD. I genuinely wish they'd have just chosen some bland normal headlamps rather than those disgusting things, wrecks the entire car from me.

It's meant to have around 240bhp, 0-60 around 4.4 seconds and limited to 155mph, but it's going to cost 50k, which I think is about 5-10k too much.