We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

This sound very interesting, When did the development for this game start? :confused:
Hard to say but the studio has been around since 2008 (maybe earlier?) but they obviously had to create their engine and all, but there has been plenty of hints via LinkedIn profiles that the game has been in develoment for a good 3+ years or so.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 3 years you could do a reasonably amount of roads and cars. NYC to LA...... The Run had San Francisco to New York and I finished the game in somewhere around 3 hours. Lets say that a one and a half hour trip from NYC to LA would be nice.

I'm getting the vibe that is is more DSF2 (ignoring the story and coma and NPC warping) rather than TDU1.5. Of course DSF was good fun and had good arcade physics, but these were best enjoyed with the gamepad whereas an open world game with good wheel support would shine even more. Of course the other problem is that trying to play DSF online on the PC was pretty much impossible after a few weeks. Always ended up in an empty lobby with no way to browse and select one yourself.

Will be fun either way but let's hope the Ivory guys outnumbered the Reflection when it came to the driving aspect and weren't just relegated to building the world.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think DSF was a lovely game that could have been expanded to be something more, and if this delivers, that would be amazing. As long as they add wheel support and actually being able to choose the color of your car, I'm looking forward to this!

Sorry guys, but :

Une date de sortie devrait être annoncée pour la fin de l'année 2013.

=/=

-Game should be released end 2013

Imo, it may mean "A release date will be announced at then end of year 2013"

:sulk: That idea does make me sad, but I think that's it.

Well we'll know more about it at E3.

In 3 years you could do a reasonably amount of roads and cars. NYC to LA...... The Run had San Francisco to New York and I finished the game in somewhere around 3 hours. Lets say that a one and a half hour trip from NYC to LA would be nice.

I don't think they mean you get to travel between those 2 in that way.

More like traveling between oahu and ibiza.

It'd be very tacky otherwise.

About the physics,

it only takes some effort for the devs to add a hardcore mode(a real one) to something arcady, we saw that happen before I think can't put my finger on which game it was though :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...