We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew {DT} - Ivory Tower & Ubisoft Reflections do a Racer where you go Cruisin' USA!

Eudemon

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played it a bit more, still feel like it's trying to sabotage my enjoyment of the game, especially this one mission "Chin Music". Chasing a Mini wich goes millions of MPH through Cape Canaveral with cops in the area that only serve to get in my way. Would be nice if they went after the Mini too.

The rubberbanding is still making more annoyed at the game too.

Another small "story" gripe. In The South, why bother with Perf spec? I've hardly used it there. Perf seems like a class I actually like and it feels like it's forcing me to use Street with i'm not a fan of using, and Dirt spec.

You'd be asking the same question inversely were the south's story missions exclusively Perf spec. Ponder that for a moment.

I ended up buying the Season Pass in the end but the 458 is a bit useless and sounds funny (bit like the Miura). The 12c is epic though even splashed out on some iridescent paint for the circuit spec. Doing the send friends thing brings in the cash but the cost of tuning all your cars to over 1000 is really high or you can do jump skill repeatedly and keep changing cars.

Agreed that the 458 is rubbish in game, and when I originally tried using the 12C for the Perf spec story mode it was too slow and when I tuned it further way too drifty. Was so much easier just buying the Perf spec for my Mustang.

Those 2 cars were auto-unlocked and drivable after the tutorial and didn't require Bucks purchase. And apparently it's the same deal with the upcoming DLC despite being told they will be available in the car dealers.

ok I've played through the story a bit today without puking, I've bought the 8c and I have a question. Can you even change the color of a fullstock car? Btw leveling up the cars did nothing for me, the physics still suck. If anything I have more grip which is the last thing this game needs.

Guest .:TestDriver:.

Guys I bought a Hummer Alpha, Chevy Silverado and achieved the hidden buggy. I tuned all of them to a same RAID car lvl (1025, I think) and then I found out that the Chevy was the best in handling, acceleration and speed (fastest of all) while the Buggy was best only in grip and handling and the Hummer was the worst one in anything! I thought it would be the best of all but it isn't (In my opinion,though).

and here is the one I choose between those 3 vehicles, the Chevy Silverado.

[ATTACH]22401[/ATTACH]

Guys I bought a Hummer Alpha, Chevy Silverado and achieved the hidden buggy. I tuned all of them to a same RAID car lvl (1025, I think) and then I found out that the Chevy was the best in handling, acceleration and speed (fastest of all) while the Buggy was best only in grip and handling and the Hummer was the worst one in anything! I thought it would be the best of all but it isn't (In my opinion,though).

and here is the one I choose between those 3 vehicles, the Chevy Silverado.

I'm digging the lowered suspension on that one

--- Post Updated ---

so it has been a long time and I'd like to know a few things you folks may help me with,

Is there a way to stop head movement in cockpit view? (no not looking lef or right I'm talking about when taking off or using the nos your head looks at the roof)

Is there a way to automate gearbox/clutch system relative to the car you're driving?

Any g27 settings that is worth trying besides the standard?

Has anyone worked out how the hell the ffb config file works? As far as I can tell it does nothing.

How long does the career missions take? Also I'm at level 20 and I don't want to do any more racing is there another way to earn money?

I guess disabling auto-brake is out of question

ffb goes crazy while taking off and coming to a stop, is there a way to stop this?

wheel doesn't correct itself while going at low speeds (no centering)

And the rest are just bugs and glitches I guess can't do anything about them. Isn't ubisoft just great I love them all.

Have you read the FAQ thread here?

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your wheel? Mine has none of those FFB issues.

There's a slider to control Look to Apex in the options. There's a toggle for other head movement - not sure if this results in a perfectly still head though.

There's a thread here that suggests other controller settings.

Autobrake remains for the forseeable.

Change the clutch and H shifter options yourself when you want. They're not car specific. If they were, then we'd need to wait for a new TDUPE mod tool in order to drive paddle shift cars with a H gate.

Is there a way to stop head movement in cockpit view? (no not looking lef or right I'm talking about when taking off or using the nos your head looks at the roof)

Nope.

Is there a way to automate gearbox/clutch system relative to the car you're driving?

Nope.

Any g27 settings that is worth trying besides the standard?

There are several control settings for the G27 that people seem to like, check this out.

Has anyone worked out how the hell the ffb config file works? As far as I can tell it does nothing.

Well I haven't fiddled around much with it myself, but I used the sample config given here for my Logitech Momo and at the moment I think I've reached my ideal config :D

How long does the career missions take? Also I'm at level 20 and I don't want to do any more racing is there another way to earn money?

I think the devs stated the campaign is about 20 hours long. It took me around a week of 4ish hour sessions to finish (along with some PvP and random activities here and there)

I guess disabling auto-brake is out of question

Yup, unless someone brings this up in the Ubi forums and one of the CMs passes the suggestion on to the devs.

ffb goes crazy while taking off and coming to a stop, is there a way to stop this?

I really can't help you with this, since you and I have vastly different wheels. I'm as happy as I can be with my settings. Try using the sample config, tone down the master FFB slider in-game.

wheel doesn't correct itself while going at low speeds (no centering)

Don't know about this.

Hope that helped :D

Have you read the FAQ thread here?

yes it answers non of my questions

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with your wheel? Mine has none of those FFB issues.

no nothing wrong with it, wheel is working perfectly fine on other games.

There's a slider to control Look to Apex in the options. There's a toggle for other head movement - not sure if this results in a perfectly still head though.

I specifically said not looking right or left

There's a thread here that suggests other controller settings.

pretty much the same settings that were out weeks ago

Autobrake remains for the forseeable.

got to love this game

Change the clutch and H shifter options yourself when you want. They're not car specific. If they were, then we'd need to wait for a new TDUPE mod tool in order to drive paddle shift cars with a H gate.

can't wait for that day.

I mean this thread makes no sense whatsoever

first of all there is no such file as Extraconfig.xml and even if you create one where would you add <ExtracConfig /> XML tag ? I've tried many combinations with this file but nothing works.

Ooh I forgot to mention your 4.2nd question. Yes there are plenty of ways other than the campaign to earn money. PvP earns you 16,000 Bucks per race, regardless of whether you finish in first place or not finish at all. It's literally the best way to become filthy rich.

'Sending' friends on faction missions is another good way to earn money. The big Epic ones (there are 2 in each region, 10 in total) will give you 16,000 Bucks per mission every 3 hours. So assuming your friends 'win' all those 10 races once you send them, you'll earn 160,000 Bucks in 3 hours. Of course every mission has a randomly-generated level and whoever you send has a chance relative to his level and the mission's level to win.

So, for example, if I send a level 20 friend on a level 54 mission, he's going to have a 37% chance of winning and I probably won't be earning my 16,000 Bucks and a handful of Rep from that mission. On the other hand if I send a level 50 friend on a level 30 mission, my reward is guaranteed.

You're not actually sending them though. It's pretty much a game of chance. What I do is I find the lowest-level Epic mission in the map and send my lowest-level friend available to do that mission and work that way up until I've sent all my friends. That way I have the highest possible chance of profiting. I wouldn't advise doing those Epic missions yourself though as they are bloody long (1-4 hours) and will probably rek your back :oook:

What I will advise is doing the smaller missions, the ones that offer ~8000/~30,000 Bucks. Those are not too long and quite fun and profitable.

So yeah there you go. I'm currently sitting on 2.6 million Bucks and with around 20 cars in my garage already. Working towards 3 million so I can get the other more expensive cars that tickle my fancy.

You should probably look to spend your Perk points on the money-making ones in the HQ. I have my dealership discount perk maxed out, and most of the money-boosting ones too.