We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DRIVECLUB - gamescom Screenshots & Videos [UP: direct feed gameplay added]

Eudemon

UPDATE #1: On the DRIVECLUB facebook a new direct feed gameplay video has appeared, being Facebook the quality isn't great so I downloaded it and uploaded it to our youtube. It's a good video with someone who can drive fast and well. Enjoy!

[imggallery][headline]DRIVECLUB gamescom demo Direct Feed Gameplay[/headline]

Gamersyde DRIVECLUB Direct Feed High Quality Videos

[/imggallery]

- The RUF looks so good!

- This game looks damn nice with it's lighting!

- Get a good sense of speed from this vid.

DRIVECLUB has received a new batch of glorious looking screenshots and a Club Challenge video for gamescom. The video shows two clubs vying to beat each other by racking up the points by passing each other along with some great looking gameplay. See what you think yourself by checking out the below. :cool:

[imggallery]

[headline]DRIVECLUB gamescom Screenshots & Video[/headline]

DRIVECLUB_GC_01.jpgDRIVECLUB_GC_02.jpgDRIVECLUB_GC_03.jpgDRIVECLUB_GC_04.jpgDRIVECLUB_GC_05.jpgDRIVECLUB_GC_06.jpgDRIVECLUB_GC_07.jpgDRIVECLUB_GC_08.jpg

[/imggallery]

That video made me think of Forza Horizon for some reason, might've been a mixture of things including the graphics, song, and camera angles used :hmmm:

I get the feeling there will be good things about this game but have a suspicion there will be something that just doesn't keep me hooked on it. Plus the fact that part of the game is free with PS+ will probably mean there'll be a whole lotta noobs online.

That picture of the Venom & M3 GTS....background seems very British for some reason.(smialer to what I see when up deeside and cairngorm way)

Liking how it's not all barred off roads from the looks of things.(By that I mean having a fence running along side the road all the time)

Can't wait to play it, no doubt will be the game I'm putting on first with my newly unboxed PS4. :nods:

They are mate, in fact the demos have been showing an environment that's based on some of the roads in Scotland.

Heres hoping I can find out which roads they are based on! :D Hell maybe based on some of them I've done already! (and I've done alot of Country/mountian roads here!)

looking good, I'd definitely buy this game if I had a ps4.

however the social stuff is kind of annoying. Every game developer thinks 'sharing' is the next big thing.

It's just not is it. Who gives a flying crap about those content? I mean did anyone watch one of those dirt3 or grid 2 videos ever?

'Fame' is basically the same thing.

looking good, I'd definitely buy this game if I had a ps4.

however the social stuff is kind of annoying. Every game developer thinks 'sharing' is the next big thing.

It's just not is it. Who gives a flying crap about those content? I mean did anyone watch one of those dirt3 or grid 2 videos ever?

'Fame' is basically the same thing.

EXACTLY. I hate this social nonsense in a racing game. It doesn't add anything to the actual enjoyment and it's all over the screen! Come on, this is just stupid.

You hate it because it's not well implemented.Social stuff is great when applied correctly.The stats stuff doesn't seem so bad, after all a bit of challenge among friends isn't that bad, but as far as I can remember, I could do that just fine even without internet when I was playing the old NFS 2 back in the day.

Anyways, my oppinion about the game, looks great honestly, seems like a good driving model, might fit nicely on a steering wheel, the only problem for me, and probably for some other users around here, it's a PS exclusive, would have been nice to have more driving games on PC this year, but meh, we'll settle for what we get.The engines' volum is a bit low, and seem a bit dull, I've had the amazing opportunity to hear an SLS revving the hell up in real life(not Black Edition), and it is gruesome, that thing however sounds like a sporty inline 4.

You hate it because it's not well implemented.Social stuff is great when applied correctly.The stats stuff doesn't seem so bad, after all a bit of challenge among friends isn't that bad, but as far as I can remember, I could do that just fine even without internet when I was playing the old NFS 2 back in the day.

Anyways, my oppinion about the game, looks great honestly, seems like a good driving model, might fit nicely on a steering wheel, the only problem for me, and probably for some other users around here, it's a PS exclusive, would have been nice to have more driving games on PC this year, but meh, we'll settle for what we get.The engines' volum is a bit low, and seem a bit dull, I've had the amazing opportunity to hear an SLS revving the hell up in real life(not Black Edition), and it is gruesome, that thing however sounds like a sporty inline 4.

it's not the challenge, it's the social media integration. It's not going to happen, stop making it.

Social interaction can be good or bad, when it's shoved in your face it's annoying, but if it's like NFS has been doing the past few years I think it's great!

I get a good time on a race and go "nice, I'll do another" then I see my friend Steve has a better time than me, so I decide to show him i'm better than him and re-do the race to get a better time. Likewise He see's I'v done it better and he tries.

Better when there's 5 or so of you all with the game and trying to beat each other, also great for small bragging rights when were all down at the pub...better when "person with the worst time has to buy the first round" as we all try to not be last! :lol:

There is hopefully a few direct feed high-quality videos to come this week or next including one at night, Evolution Studios (evos) has been responding to the requests for better quality videos and even though they have been posting some on their Facebook, the compression on their is really quite awful. And since evos don't have their own youtube and need to go through Sony to do so, they are planning on creating some proper videos and putting them on youtube and maybe even getting some high-quality on their press site where sites like Gamersyde can host them in their full close-to uncompressed greatness!

• 2 weeks later...

Being able to spin out (easily)... probably points to good physics. It's a little hard to tell if the game is set up to drift too easily like NFS or Ridge Racer since it's the SLS

The other interesting snippet there was a mention of another games show at Earls Court later this month - maybe we'll see a certain Mercedes DTM car there with a PC in the bonnet (if you were in the chatbox earlier this will make sense... or perhaps it'll be at IFA instead).

Good video, definitely still getting a PGR vibe from the look of the handling, maybe a tad stickier/heavier than that series but impressions so far are looking tasty! Evolution Studios have an interesting dev process where they usually get the core done right upto a few months before release then go all-in on polishing the visuals and tidying up the framerate and such. Just look at Motorstorm for an example of this, their past history and the credentials behind the team instil confidence that DRIVECLUB will turn out to be a damn good launch title for the PS4. :D

Gamersyde has the direct feed videos in even better quality (Downloads) and with them you can truly see how the dynamic lighting and the shadows in this game are some of the best seen in a racing game. The thing to remember is that evolution studios have a history of showing somewhat lacking visuals and gameplay while they work on the game, however by release time they always polish the thing to hell out of it and release a stunner. :D

High quality videos of DriveClub - Gamersyde