We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[!REQUEST] Server Performance

Eudemon

Question

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Weird as I have had no emails to show this is happening plus no 404 (Page cannot be found) errors that aren't the usual. Is this happening on the main page or a particular one? Is anyone else having any problems?

I'll put a script to monitor the forum's uptime and log it so I can view it later.

I havn't had one problem with this site acctually.

Most forum's have their ups and downs, even gamespot is slow sometimes and they have a really good domain payed for by a big company.

The forum is good o' and I think we should only be worried if the server crashes and doesn't come up for 3 days or gets borked completely.

I just posted this in quick reply and it was really fast about 3 quarters of a second and it was up.

Having a few problems with it being slow but is probably me my connection. Anyone else having this or will i have to play with settings again?

I think its everyone, since the new skins gone up it takes slightly longer to load (only a few seconds longer) than the old one.

Pherelas is talking about drastic slowdown, I had it too but my ISP was going up and down like a yoyo. I have however noticed Internet Explorer is crazy slow in displaying the content and rendering the forum whereas Firefox has no issues at all as does Opera.

Haha ironically my ISP is going up and down like yoyo this morning. Great!

Just to let you know we were performing a Database backup hence why the server was offline for about 10mins. I could send a support ticket and get it done by my host but that's a few hours wait, whereas doing it myself is about 10-15mins.

I did kind of forget that when I do this though that the server goes nuts so sorry about that. :D