We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Diesel sport cars

RobikV3

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still dont get how a diesel can be sport but thats just me anyway congratz mate!

Are_you_kidding_me.jpg

For as long as people are closed minded and keep basing their thoughts on 80's diesel engines, the world shall not change!

"Technology evolves fast, mentalities don't!"

Also Maddog, don't know about the dealer you're getting it from, but we stopped washing our car, we phone the salesman, he picks it up from us, and for 18€, within little hours our car is all washed, outside and inside, vacuumed, dusted out, waxed, looks just like new once it returns to us :p

blablabmwbla

M Sport seats in cloth/Alcantara combo are the best! I see no point of getting black leather - it costs more and looks cheap in my opinion. Heated seats and xenons, you have those? :lol:

I still dont get how a diesel can be sport but thats just me anyway congratz mate!

By adding a sport package. Duh.

Also Maddog, don't know about the dealer you're getting it from, but we stopped washing our car, we phone the salesman, he picks it up from us, and for 18€, witin little hours our car is all washed, outside and inside, vacuumed, dusted out, waxed, looks just like new once it returns to us :p

€18 for all that? That's cheap. :eek:

Dealerships have a pretty bad reputation among detailers. Really, some of the dealer-prepped cars I have seen on DW were totally scratched, so I see why a person like him don't trust them.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120509234453/icarly/images/b/b3/Are_you_kidding_me.jpg

For as long as people are closed minded and keep basing their thoughts on 80's diesel engines, the world shall not change!

"Technology evolves fast, mentalities don't!"

I know they're were not in 80s anymore and i rode in quite a lot of diesel powered cars like Mercs S Class 2.7, Audi A6 3.0 TDI BMW E60 530d and many others i cant remember now maybe its because 3/4 cars are diesels here and the rest 1/4 are petrol+LPG , but i feel like i would want a sporty car only petrol counts

I know they're were not in 80s anymore and i rode in quite a lot of diesel powered cars like Mercs S Class 2.7, Audi A6 3.0 TDI BMW E60 530d and many others i cant remember now maybe its because 3/4 cars are diesels here and the rest 1/4 are petrol+LPG , but i feel like i would want a sporty car only petrol counts

Here you go :D

Toyota_Prius_III_20090710_front.JPG

Now we can have a discussion whether a premium sedan that is not tuned by M, AMG or quattro is a "sporty" car...

As with most cars these days, 'Sport', 'GT', 'AMG' and 'S-Line', etc. can be as little as a body-kit on the outside, some shiny bits on the inside with some heavier bolstered seats and if you're lucky lowered/sharpened suspension. Most notable one from my memory being the MK4 Golf GTI 2.0 8v over here. The engine wasn't exactly quick in the MK3 Golf, but because VW added some GTI-spec seats, wheels and put some GTI kit inside the MK4 this suddenly allowed it use of the GTI badge, even though the petrol engine of choice for the MK4 Golf was the 1.8t.

You can get a lowly Mercedes over here (see 180 CDI) with AMG kit on it which is far, far from being what most consider sporty, but because car companies have seen a market for slower cars that look like their much faster counter-parts the companies offer the kits on basically any engine in the range.

The 330d doesn't have heated seats, don't think I've ever seen a cloth/alcantara BMW E46 over here with heated seats, it seems reserved exclusively for leather interiors. It does have very nicely working air conditioning though which will be more than welcome this Summer, no doubt :p

Now we can have a discussion whether a premium sedan that is not tuned by M, AMG or quattro is a "sporty" car...

I didnt say S class, A6 or 5 series is sporty i listed those because i remember those the most, i could list all the WV Golfs and Audi A3s 1.9TDi but those arent sporty either and youd be surprised how nice 2.7 litre In the S class pulls even sideways when you turn traction off :D

Thats powered by AAA batteries not petrol :D

Diesel cars can be fast, but they don't sound too sporty when they only rev to 5,000rpm

I have to say some bigger diesels such as 2.7, 3.0 can sound nice S class sounded like small-ish V8 while accelerating and it revved to 7.000RPM if i remember correctly

Anyway enough with the offtopic i feel guilty for it :)