We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Diesel sport cars

RobikV3

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find 4cyls to sound really bad both in diesel and petrol engines. I find that horrible, the sound of that jazz, it's..ricey :p

I think this is a good sound

-url-

This rally Civic doesn't agree with you, on the part of being "ricey". :lol:

I'd say that Jazz sounds like a race car, not a riced one.

That sounds pretty nice for a rally car but we're talking about cars we use on the street,

I mean...It still sounds like a fartcan xD, it's what you expect the typical Slow ass Saxo riced to the max to sound like, so the driver can feel proud and like a champion when he's revving to the max trying to reach 80km/h xD

That sounds pretty nice for a rally car but we're talking about cars we use on the street,

I mean...It still sounds like a fartcan xD, it's what you expect the typical Slow ass Saxo riced to the max to sound like, so the driver can feel proud and like a champion when he's revving to the max trying to reach 80km/h xD

Better than someone speeding like a maniac at 200km/h with a diesel car in order to get some fun from it.

Noise is a factor on the sense of speed, and nothing is more fun than that. Feel the speed... so, let the guy have fun with his Saxo at 80km/h, how he feels it's not your business. :lol:

Better than someone speeding like a maniac at 200km/h with a diesel car in order to get some fun from it.

Noise is a factor on the sense of speed, and nothing is more fun than that. Feel the speed... so, let the guy have fun with his Saxo at 80km/h, how he feels it's not your business. :lol:

Aaaaaandd this is when I stop because you are feeling spiked and you somehow took this personally and now feel the need to try and spike me.

I just feel the need to write this sentence first though :leaves:

That was the most senseless thing I've read today

Can you also get the performance exhaust for the 135i if you like it's sound? :D

I'd have gone for the 135i rather than the 125i..IT'S 100 NUMBERS HIGHER SO IT MUST BE FASTER!! right..guise..right?

This is probably a modified Performance exhaust. :nods: The engine sounds best in mid range (3-5k rpm), at redline it's not that good... But yeah, the power is there. A lot of it. :D

You can squeze about 300 hp from the 125i with a tune and rather expensive Supersprint headers. And the N52's engine bay looks way better than ours.

Well, let me explain...

Me, and other friends, who are also car enthusiasts, we noticed something in common... without talk about it, that were a common opinion between us... these new cars, being more and more silent... and more and more powerfull. My example will be the Hyundai Azera... i've seen a lot of those cars on highways, going over the limit, at something like 180km/h in a 110km/h speed limit.

And, why they do that? Because these cars are so silent and fast, you step on the gas and don't even feel it... you don't get the feeling of speeding. I drove an Hyundai Azera, and i reached 160km/h... it felt like it was going at 80km/h. Really...

I have a lot more fun driving the Punto, which is more noisey and not that fast... leaving toolboths, i stretch it, at the max rpm... and it is not fast, it takes 15 seconds to reach 100km/h if you do that... but guess what? I do that because it's fun! I like to listen the engine talk... i like to listen the power curve start going down, so i need to shift... that's how i feel when doing that, and what others think about it, i don't care, and they shouldn't care about it either... i am not hurting anyone. :lol:

So, why should i care about the feelings of someone else doing it? It's not my business as long he doesn't put me in risk! If he feels proud? Not my business. If he feels like a champion? Not my business. If he feels like a champion when overtaking me? Not my business either.

So, to sum it up... i am not mad, please note that, just explaining my point of view... you shouldn't care about the Saxo drivers... and to me, those silent cars are prone to make you go speeding in order to have fun... because at normal speeds they are way too boring. :lol:

Well but your punto doesn't sound like a fart can, which is ok :p

Fartcans sound really bad and most people just make a joke out of people driving fartcan saxos or alikes.

It's ok if people have cars such as saxo, they run and deliver, but spending money, which can be precious, on making saxos and corsas look terrible and sound like a fart? That's ridiculous xD There's proper tuning which is ok and looks and sounds good, then there's ricing :p

Also you've got to see the whole point of a car.

The azera's made to be silent, and provide a nice ride.

If you drive our car at 200km/h in Comfort or Eco pro all you hear is the stereo and the tyres, it feels like 100km/h.

But if you flick it to Sport, both in the transmission and the thingymagig thingy selector, 100km/h can feel pretty scary, because it was made to provide a spirited driving feeling. xD

Your generalization was terrible and un necessary xD Cars do what they're made to do, you don't get an Azera if you want to race or smile, you get it if you need to travel a lot and if you want to feel good and relaxed while doing so ^^

ALSO TOMAHAWK

You..GET YOUR DRIVING LICENSE

me..THE SAME (1 more month I HOPE).

Then we both steal the cars, and meet halfway. take duckface pics, record our moment, show the cars to each other, then silently return.

Sounds like a plan?

Fartcans sound really bad and most people just make a joke out of people driving fartcan saxos or alikes.

It's ok if people have cars such as saxo, they run and deliver, but spending money, which can be precious, on making saxos and corsas look terrible and sound like a fart? That's ridiculous xD There's proper tuning which is ok and looks and sounds good, then there's ricing :p

Also you've got to see the whole point of a car.

The azera's made to be silent, and provide a nice ride.

If you drive our car at 200km/h in Comfort or Eco pro all you hear is the stereo and the tyres, it feels like 100km/h.

But if you flick it to Sport, both in the transmission and the thingymagig thingy selector, 100km/h can feel pretty scary, because it was made to provide a spirited driving feeling. xD

Your generalization was terrible and un necessary xD Cars do what they're made to do, you don't get an Azera if you want to race or smile, you get it if you need to travel a lot and if you want to feel good and relaxed while doing so ^^

That's the ideal, but that's not reality. I've seen many, many and many cars like Azeras, Civics, Accords, BMW 325i and those "luxury" sedans going like hell on the road. Including Hiluxes, Chevrolet S10's and VW Amaroks.

And the ricing, the money spent on a car, the car is not yours, and the money is not yours aswell... why should you care about that? :lol: You may not like the ricing, but the owner sure does think it looks awesome! And it's his car! So, again, why should you care? Lol

Because I also use the road, and 99.9% of the people I see with those dangerous rice boxes push their cars to the limit guess where..on the road :p And they don't really respect other cars and they tend to cause accidents over here..so as a road user I care about what people do to their cars and how they use them.

And w/e not going to argue with you, we're both stubborn as a door, it's absolutely pointless because we both think we're right

That's the ideal, but that's not reality. I've seen many, many and many cars like Azeras, Civics, Accords, BMW 325i and those "luxury" sedans going like hell on the road. Including Hiluxes, Chevrolet S10's and VW Amaroks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpgZ5weFOI8

Are those races common in Brazil? Seen a lot of videos like this on YouTube.

Are those races common in Brazil? Seen a lot of videos like this on YouTube.

Nope, they are not common. I've never seen one in person. Only youtube. Even because a F430 costs here 480.000 euros. And it's not many people who have that kind of money to spend in a car. :lol:

ALSO TOMAHAWK

Then we both steal the cars, and meet halfway. take duckface pics, record our moment, show the cars to each other, then silently return.

Sounds like a plan?

Hell yeah. 31st of July is my first time on the roads. :p

Where we're meeting?

Nope, they are not common. I've never seen one in person. Only youtube. Even because a F430 costs here 480.000 euros. And it's not many people who have that kind of money to spend in a car. :lol:

Interesting, because there apparently are a lot of expensive vehicles in Brazil according to those spotters!

Interesting, because there apparently are a lot of expensive vehicles in Brazil according to those spotters!

I can count on my fingers how many F430's i have seen in my entire life. :lol:

Brazil have sport cars, many of them... but when you talk about %... they are a really small number. Europe has a way bigger % of sport cars than Brazil.

I've driven ton's of cars that are 'non sporting'...I've had the most fun in some of them as well! Nothing like thrashing a 1997 Ford Mondeo around one of the best driving roads in the UK, or my Poverty spec Clio I'm running along just now. Since you don't expect them to be sporting they give you the best laugh and challenge. Cars made for sporting can be a bit of a let down because you expect them to be good then get let down & offend the owner when you say "I found the 2006 Punto more fun".

Added points for being a Van...Ford Transit's handle VERY well!

Sounds like a plan?

Sounds like a normal Friday night for me... :lol:

-

About the 'road races' you see on Youtube, just because you see them doesn't mean there common place. Where I live has one of the highest amounts of supercars in the UK, but you don't see too many of them and the owners drive to the road rules. Also there not an every day spotting...Porsche's are & Aston V8 Vantages are heading that way but that's it.

I gotta agree on that. On my dad's car you don't feel like going at 160 km/h at all, instead on my Fiat Palio (soon to be gone) doing 180 km/h (flatted out on an empty road) felt like 250 :P

Here, in Argentina, there are street races with high end cars but they are not so common either. Sometimes you can see some BMW's against Bora or other BMWs or Audis and that kind of cars. Supercars are so rare here (Ferraris mainly, because for example AM or Lamborghini doesn't even existe here) that when you see them, their owners drive it slow and with the windows down so they can be seen. With a face that says "I'm driving a Ferrari and you are walking, therefore I'm superior". Of course those kind of guys exist also with "fartcan Saxos" (Or VW Gol, or Fiat Uno).

Regards

the truth is that "diesel sucks" because this engine is not enough evolved, humans still have to work on some points (the main problem : it cannot be powerful enough, it's just muscular, humans are not skilled enough yet to make it better)

but in nearest future : diesel has the potential (or better said humans have the potential) to get more power for more speed

I don't know exactly, but I think that most of biofuel engines have the diesel technology, and I think (I am not sure, but you can correct me if I am wrong) that Koenigsegg's Biofuel Models are "a kind of modern diesel", Agera has 1100 NM (even more than Audi Q7 V12 TDI [Diesel] which has 1000 NM [1000 kgs/ aprox. 2000 lbs per meter / aprox. 3 ft]) and 900 Horsepower to 1030 Horsepower (Audi Q7 V12 TDI has just almost 500 HP)

anyway, look here some really nice and peformant diesel sports car (that Maserati Ghibli Diesel is great, it worths to get modded into TDU1 or TDU2) :

yes, but just speed is the problem of most people, but for many other people the speed is not the main option

I think that for more efficient usage of a diesel just a very strong clutch is enough, because it can produce much bigger impulse, which for offroading, for example, can be very useful

maybe there are already strong clutches on bigger cars (I've heard from a friend who tried to drive a new mercedes sprinter van on country roads that he had to lift the left leg a lot for releasing the clutch ... so that car I think it has a really strong start, but it needs one, because it's heavy, and the engine has just minimum power for the demands, just enough)

I travel almost every day in the city with mercedes sprinter & volkswagen crafter microbus or "maxi taxi" (funny name), and many times the start is shaking (when the drivers don't pay enough attention while releasing the clutch, or while releasing it fast)

and a strong start, with great impulse, is cool (but maybe it demands stronger engine parts)

Yes because if a diesel has less than 1000 Nm it's a slow piece of lalalala......