We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari Testarossa 512 TR

DJoyTinnio

Thank you very much guys.

I admit, i profit very of the video's perfect sound quality, but there WOULD HAVE BEEN ways messing it up :-) .

I myself enjoy it too.

Normally it takes a bit longer than one day, and this way you might be fed up with a sound/car a bit.

No way this could happen this time.

Allthough i had a very long try with that car for the könig bodyed 90's Testarossa.

Now this car is a great great fun.

I like the downtouring ( especially the little "blob" in midrange ) fitting so good to the blast all the way up.

This car got an awesome sound. I'm only the person transfering it.

So the real credits for good work go to the guys at Ferrari, hehe.

Anyways, again thank you for the comments, and "likes" also. It is appreciated and motivating.

What a sound ! You just made the Testarossa better it self with that sound ! Incredible work. Thank you very much, I enjoy it so much in game :)

I checked it ;d

I can't believe it, sound is perfect and beautiful. 100% of TDU sound engine is used in this mod.

Tnx guys.

I don't know why the recorded ingame sound is 50% the volume of the sound that i put into the soundfiles.

Would be so great if someone finds out , how to turn the volume of the cars up ingame.

Not via the soundfiles themselves, but by the way the car is set to handle them.

There must be another way, because for example the sound ingame is stereo, and the files put in are mono.

Front engine, you look right, sound turnes to be on left side. And so on.

I'm sure it is in the file CarVSTConfig.xmb that changes size and is inside the soundfile of every car.

If someone found out how to open it, pleeeeease tell,

because the sounds i want to put into my mods are better in quality.

And if i would not have to distort them before putting them in,

in order to be loud enough ingame, they would keep that.

Congratulations!

It´s really fantastic!

+rep mate !

You been doing great with this new tecnhic

Also i keep saying what combat as said ... a bit more volume wouldnt kill anyone XD but they are your sounds anyway!!

Cheers and good luck with future projects

Well let m try to explain... this is why i never used this way of making sounds (pitch ramps) .... this is the tecnhic/method doctor G uses asweel wich is pretty much basic and does the job in seconds but the thing is...

Tdu uses 3d audio so when you put the video samples in the bnk of the car tdu will then simulate a "distance in game"...it uses also vst plugins in the process.... so the sound that you have from video (wich already has his own distance depending of the recording spots) will than gain another distance (in space/field (while in game)) and will then be morphed because of the plugins the filter aplies

So this is why the best way to listen the "real" volume of the samples is in bumper view (because the distance that tdu creates and the number of plugin effects are near 0 (value))

( btw thats why all doctor G videos are recorded in bumper view (to enchance the volume )

Another thing is that the samples you have from video have generally loads of audio notes (wind, distorcions etc etc) so what happens is the more compressed the audio/spectrum of the note is the less volume it will transfer to tdu1 (or tdu2 the same)

In the end the key to extract the maximum ammount of sound in tdu is by having clean notes of audio without a very full filled graphic .... the more clean the note is the best the 3d system can read the sample and bump it to 3D ... and why ? because by being clean it means the sample has no distance itself (you hear only the note -> tdu then does the rest )

So instead of hearing a car ingame at a distance playing a note/sample with distance (the sample you took from the video) you will hear a car at a distance playing the note where it should be (with 0 distance)

SInce the very first day of modding i have knew that home made video real samples for this game would never work the way they should work.... thats why i use another method (similar to forza)

Like i said 4000 times already XD this kind of tecnhic fits rfactor and gtr2 games .... because they dont use a 3d audio system...so they dont simulate distances ...so the audio you create is the audio you listen without any kind of post process

Well the only advise i can give you is ... try to use a spectral cleaner ..only then you can amplify volume without distorce the sample

I don't know why the recorded ingame sound is 50% the volume of the sound that i put into the soundfiles.

For me, the new 512 sound has perfect volume. I don´t like it when it´s too loud. Many sounds are way too lound, especially in cockpit view. They sound not like "in car" and that is bad.

Remember, there is an insulation when you are in cockpit and this is hearable.

@Jorge

Very interesting explanation, thanks for that!

Hmm... as i said, i mean another way. I took a look into that vst file. There are numbers letters and descriptions.

Things like the volume are set in there. It looks a bit like in hex editor. Who find out just tell please.

Jorge, i meant the sound recorded from onboard view, wich is also close to zero distance to the engine,

but 50% more silent then the inputted sound. I know what you mean.

One time i used an equalizer to reduce the bass and highest hights in the sound to be able to put the volume up to the

same level it had before the equalizer, wich means louder ingame. I just want another way, using the ingame sound engine

for making it loud, not through the soundfiles. It is the same like making an online profile an offline profile with hex editor.

For this we need an insider information.

If this not happenes, i do EVERY sound in this game more silent in order to have the engine loud in relation, when turning

your audiosystem's volume up. I thought from beginning, man why are the engines so silent,

even when the enginevolume is set to 100% in the ingame options. This could be a sensefull mod . What do you think ?

Well let m try to explain... try to use a spectral cleaner ..only then you can amplify volume without distorce the sample

--- Post Updated ---

Tnx, and, i agree.

The volume is ok. And allthough it seems to be an exterior recording,

i don't know where the microphone is in the video,

you can imagine it to be onboard too.

Just open windows, and it is like hearing this beautiful engine screaming at you from outside.

By the way, i uploaded a loud version for the f50.

Porsche R Turbo, Subaru Impreza, and Corvette ZO6 are done loud in the next days too.

Regards.

For me, the new 512 sound has perfect volume. I don´t like it when it´s too loud. Many sounds are way too lound, especially in cockpit view. They sound not like "in car" and that is bad.

Remember, there is an insulation when you are in cockpit and this is hearable.

@Jorge

Very interesting explanation, thanks for that!

--- Post Updated ---

Tnx. Yes, i'd say, a good video is 50% of the work done.

--- Post Updated ---

[/color]Thank you.

Yes, maybe the best one so far.

Again, so you don't miss it.

F50 loud version uploaded. Porsche R Turbo, Subaru Impreza, and Corvette ZO6 to come.

The Porsche R Turbo is updated ( not loud yet ) , but with exhaust sound now.

It was missing, because i used only the test rig video so far.

So it is not sounding like in the preview video anymore.

I personally like it very much. Just a tip for all who missed it.

By the way, no new cars anymore ?

I mean if not it is ok, plenty enough done, but, just asking.

Regards

i like that sound one of ur best ones so far,

that one is also much louder then the other ones u made good job

This is a really amazing present for all Testarossa's fan !!

Impressive and massive work !

It's a great a chance to still have modders here for us.

I cruise with my Testarossa 1984 with this sound... INCREDIBLE realism.

I went to mountains, tunnel, circuit.... TOP. :cheeky:

2000 to 4500 rpm is just WOW.... A real Boxer 12 at home.

Thx DjoyTinnio !! ;)

Link also available in "Testarossa Package model (1984+Spyder) Updated 2014" in released mod section...

O i got many ideas for sounds.

With 16 gigabytes of carvideos,

and 13 gigabytes of carmods for TDU collected,

i got the full freedom of selecting.

What is SC ?

I like the idea of a flat v6 Porsche, loud, because without turbo.

But at first, i want to improve the one or two of the yet released sounds's quality.

@DJoyTinnio

There are many cars which never got a proper sound since TDU has been released.

GranSport

Enzo (!)

288 GTO

612 Scaglietti

575M

and many more...

911 SC is a model of the 911 range, released with model year 1978.

911 SC - das ist ein Modell ab 1978. Den 911 gab es ab Modelljahr 78 nur noch als Turbo und als SC. Der 911 SC hatte die breite Karosserie des Carrera und einen Dreilitermotor mit 180 PS. Später ging es dann hoch auf 204 PS (Modell 1981).

The Pagani Zonda have only two or three sound mod but there not very good. This car have the best sound in the world ! :cool:

I've got a lot of very good onboard video if you want. There is one here:

I agree also with Vanquish HHH, I think we need more Ferrari sound ! I'de love a F12 Berlinetta sound :drool:

It's not a request, it's just to give you some more idea ;)

EDIT: Gonna Try your new F50 sound later. Thanks :)

:-) Hey guys, save your freetime.

As i said. I got enough videos, really, believe me.

Tob racer, the pagani video is interesting,

but listen to the high beep noise.

That is not so good.

Often comes with gopros. I phone is very good.

Comb@t, really cool video, but too much distortion.

Maybe some parts are ok. I listen more closely later.

Tnx for enthusiasm.