We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT6 vs FH2

F12Berlinetta

I'm sorry if there was any thread like that but which game is better Forza Horizon2 or Gran Turismo 7 (or 6 i dont know anything about it :( )?

I want to have game with great quality of cars and with many tracks and cars. They would be cool if there will be different weather conditions like rain or snow. Could you help me choose? It is important becasue i would like to buy new console ;)

Cheers

Forza horizon 2 is completely different to gran turismo forza horizon is an open racer which is nothing like gran turismo which is a simulator.

With next gen there isn't a new gran turismo yet but on the xbox one there is forza 5 and forza horizon 2.

My own opinion I'm in love with forza horizon 2 the weather is beautiful the map is great over 200 cars.. Loads of races

Also take into consideration project cars when that comes out? That's a sim with dynamic weather and quite a bunch of tracks, or the crew

Take into account both these games come out on both consoles so it's personal preference if you want those games with forza or those games with gran turismo

You can get a PS3 with GT6 for pretty cheap nowadays but if you want a futureproof solution, I'd suggest getting a PS4 or an Xbox One.

GT6 is a circuit racer with tons of cars (though most of them are really low quality). They have a great collection of real-world tracks and some of the best fantasy tracks in car game history. Sadly it's a tad repetitive imho and I'd describe it more as a car collecting simulator :/ It does have weather effects and (partly) great graphics though.

If you get a PS4, you don't have many options yet, pretty much the only notable option being the (apparently) pretty mediocre Driveclub (which has great graphics, weather effects are inbound but is apparently repetitive, buggy and the car list isn't that huge. Don't know much about it so I'd suggest googling tbh). GT7 is inbound 2015/2016 and it's likely to improve from GT6. If you can wait that long to see what it has to give, it's surely a worthy option.

Then there's the Xbox One. It does have Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2. Forza 5 is more like a competitor to Gran Turismo with circuit racing and lots of cars (though nowhere near GT's car amounts, they're all top-quality when compared to GT's standard cars). It's a bit rushed but does look amazing and driving is fun, but the track list is really lacking. It also doesn't have changing weather. You can get it for pretty cheap too, but the true potential lies ahead in FM6.

Forza Horizon 2, on the other hand, is an open-world racer, with a bit less cars when compared to the Forza Motorsport series but instead of the racetracks, you have a pretty big and immensely beautiful open world with both changing time of day and weather conditions. Vehicle quality and variety is great and the graphics are amazing. Now I may be a bit biased but it's definitely one of the best racing games I've played in years with fun multiplayer and tons of things to do on singleplayer as well. Only question is that is it worth the money you need to invest in an Xbox One. In my opinion, definitely the one you should be going for with how things are right now but I still wouldn't leave the rest out of the game.

Hopefully I just didn't make it harder :lol: Look into some gameplay clips on YT and reviews, they should help you decide :nods:

And if you get a next-gen console, whichever it is, be sure to get Project CARS. Huge variety in cars and tracks, amazing graphics, dynamic time of day and weather etc..

Buy something for a system/console that you already own. Wait a bit longer to work out which new console you want to get, and then by that time you'll have a few games to choose from.

FH2 and GT6 and Project CARS have rain

GT6 has snow (I think, GT5 did).

FH2 and GT6 and The Crew has dirt roads

Many games are showing that the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One in resolutions/framerates that are supported.

as I've played both I'd suggest you to buy fh2 immidiately.

Open world,better car list, better graphics, MUCH better sounds and all the next-gen crap you get it.

The physics are pretty close they are not that apart plus there is FM5 if you're into more serious racing. But the downside is very poor wheel support on xb1. But then ps3 will die soon and gt7 might take a while so that's why I've bought the xb1 anyway. As for graphics comments above, both consoles suck they are nowhere close to pc graphics if that's what you're used to but not everything is graphics ofc.

You see, this is a trick comparision... :lol:

Me, as a Gran Turismo fan, will tell you that GT6 won't disappoint when it's about Gran Turismo series. If you know them, you know how they're. And FH2 is as said, an open world racing game...

Now, GT6 is for PS3, an outdated console, and FH2 is current generation... so, they look really different from each other, not only in the genre (circuit vs open roads), but also in graphics and those machine necessary things.

If you already own a PS3, GT6 definetly worth it... if you have enough money to get a Xbox One (Or already own one), FH2 definetly worth it aswell. As that is something i'd do if i had enough money.

Now, you only got money for one, and can't get both, i'd suggest the FH2. Because it's newer, and the console will have a longer useful time, compared to the PS3. Not to mention that GT7 will be for PS4, but it will be released near 2016, i believe. :lol:

And about the car list, well, GT6 has over 450 highly detailed vehicles, in total of 1200. Most of those 1200 are indeed japanese, which is something that i quite like.

Gran Turismo games are BORING AS FUDGE.

I'd say get an XBONE. Why? Because Forza Motorsport games just feel like they have more quality and less of a "dull simulator" feel than GT games and Forza Horizon games offer much more replay value and freedom than FM and GT games put together.

If I ever buy a next-gen console again, it'll probably be an XBONE because of games like FH2 and FM5.

:duck:

Gran Turismo games are BORING AS FUDGE.

I'd say get an XBONE. Why? Because Forza Motorsport games just feel like they have more quality and less of a "dull simulator" feel than GT games and Forza Horizon games offer much more replay value and freedom than FM and GT games put together.

If I ever buy a next-gen console again, it'll probably be an XBONE because of games like FH2 and FM5.

:duck:

I agree with Huggy.

But I'll be Devil's Advocate.

GT5/6 has a much better car selection, much better physics and contain actual racing disciplines in full format.

I've played the GT series for hundreds more hours than the FM series (Including Horizon).

I just like to post both sides :P