We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ivory Towers name orgin may from another game (offtopic?)

Reilsss

I guess this is majorly offtopic and has not really to do with the crew.

But I wondered "Ivory Towers" that name sounds familar...

Thinking a little back I rembered. "Wait a second that the name of a Scenario you can play in Rollercoaster Tycoon".

So here http://rct.wikia.com/wiki/Ivory_Towers you see the Scenario.

This makes me wonder. The guy who came up with the company name... May had he been a big RollerCoaster Tycoon fan?

This kinda a Question I'd love to ask Juan (the Chief designer who was on E3 internviews and everything.) I wonder if he would smile on this little silly or something.

What with you guys. Does this make you smile or anything?

I find it funny in a nice way.

Ivory Tower is a saying, i.e. "come down from your ivory tower" (that person thinks they are better than everyone else). Not the best name for a company/studio if you ask me, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked to see it used in other places previously. Tower of course goes well with roller coaster, but this wouldn't be the source of the name.

Well if you ask me, Ivory Tower rang another bell 1st time i heard it... the old British TV comedy "Fawlty Towers"... :)

And agree for the name that sound wrong... that's sounds like they never listen to the community, locked down in their tower, whereas they are listening actually