We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Missing Specs

Nikki

Anyone noticed that there are plenty of specs cut out from the game since Beta? I remember seeing the Z4 as GT3 version. Obviously Circuit spec... or the F150 for Circuit. Its even on some pics.

What do you think might have happened to them?

No I mentioned the Street Edition X4 and Mini were gifted (either Limited Edition or Season Pass) as separate vehicles where they are only available as that spec. I'd have to repurchase the normal Mini in game if I wanted it tuned for Dirt spec, for example.

But yes I am seeing quite a few missing spec options as well. By the time I complete story mode I'll probably still be using two same cars I have currently just because there are hardly any viable options to choose from, and they are all so expensive.

I will probably use remaining Perk points on making winning easier, and when they are exhausted, I spend the $20,000 CC necessary to get 10 extra perk points for maximum new car discounts - rather than actually spending the 20k on a new car.

Oh seriously stripping off content from the retail game to sell it as DLC later? Not nice...

It's only speculation. I don't know why they'd remove content from the game just to add them back later as content patches? :confused: Guess they want to look nice in the eyes of the people who don't know :p

Oh seriously stripping off content from the retail game to sell it as DLC later? Not nice...

Yeah that's my guess, pretty unimpressive that Ubisoft would pull that move. Especially since you can drive some of the missing specs in the story missions.

I think it's a little underhanded to make us wait 5 months for content that has been finished since before day 1.

It makes no sense you have that one mission where you drive 69 Camaro in Raid spec but in dealer it says its unavailable lol

And suddenly I realized why one of the DLCs is called the Raid pack - it's because they're introducing Raid spec to some of the cars already in the game in that update! Speed pack could introduce the removed Circuit specs etc

WYpHK1v.gif

There are a couple more examples I can think of(wrapped in spoiler tags because they reveal some mission details); I honestly think it's a little ridiculous. The car list is short as is, it didn't also need specs lopped off the end. That's like being told you already only have half a pie chart but accounting isn't happy with that so they are forcing you to lop an eighth off of it to appease post sale profit margins.

In one of the Raid based missions near the Grand Canyon I had to make a dropoff with a bunch of other 5-10s. One of them was driving a Raid spec R34 GT-R. Never get to see it again.

Troy drives a Circuit spec 69 Charger in one of the end game races; we never get to see it again, let alone drive it.

The game is fun even with the limited selection of vehicles, but it'll get stale a lot faster than if it didn't have such a malnourished car list.

After what I've just saw, I'd say lets give them time to finish modeling all the customisation parts for those specs so that it will be of good quality.

You want to know what I saw? (View not suitable for people with heart conditions)

[ATTACH]22068[/ATTACH]

Yes, a texture for headlights.

After what I've just saw, I'd say lets give them time to finish modeling all the customisation parts for those specs so that it will be of good quality.

You want to know what I saw? (View not suitable for people with heart conditions)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22068[/ATTACH]

Yes, a texture for headlights.

That's actually how it is in real life, this kind of car doesn't have a real headlight, it's just a sticker:

dodge-ram-trophy-truck.JPG