We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to create your own car for TDU!

Driver:TDU

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! :D

I'm gonna watch it later and have a closer look to it. I'm sure it would be very helpful for many many people ;) +rep

EDIT: I've started to watch the beginning and don't worry, even if your English is not perfect, At the moment it's understandable. You do explain well what file is what and what we need. Great job on that ! Thank you for your time. Honestly it's a HUUUGE present you've done to the community.

Right, let's recap what is important to do in Forza Studio ;) It's also to help Driver to find the exact word to use for a tutorial.

Open Forza Studio.

This is only if you want your model completely stock in TDU:

Once the Exterior is import to Forza S. , We have to delete all the race parts of the model and the wheel. As you said, all the parts with "race" must be uncheck. The parts with a "b" or "c" at the end of the name parts are also race parts. It depends of the model you working on.

Once it's done. Click on the model and select Export. Export it in a random new folder and name it lod_0. This overall part of the car is the high poly exterior !

Same process for the interior. Import your cockpit.Obj file. And delete all the race parts. Most of the models have only a rollcage so just simply delete the rollcage. Don't forget to uncheck "a_pillar too as it's an exterior part and we already have that part in the lod_0.Obj. Then Export it as "Cockpit".

Now the shadow. Same process for lod_0, delete all the same race parts with the wheel and export it.

For people who wants the race version ingame, delete only the wheel and export exterior, interior (don't forget to delete a_pillar for the interior) and shadow.

One thing I've learn with Zoqqer's tutorial, We have to export the brakes calipers + Discs. That's simple, Check the 4 caliperlod_0 and the 4 rotorlod_0 and export all of them the same time. So we can have Forza's Brakes model. It's pretty cool for example also to have Red Calipers with "Lamborghini" on it like Zoqqer's Lambo Gallardo STS. ;)

UIp0NMh.jpg

That's it for Forza Studio :) It's very easy to understand that bit.

I'm doing a Ford GT for a training model to understand modding. I've paused the Jag because I want to make it perfect. Like Combat says: Practice make perfect. :D

I'll do these recap post when I got further the process and to bring precision and help your vocabulary Driver. Don't worry, if I manage to understand Forza Studio, it's also because you've manage to explain well even if you can't find the exact words. Good job ! I Know it's not easy to speak English commonly. (I'm French :lol: )

Once the Exterior is import to Forza S. , We have to delete all the race parts of the model The parts with a "b" or "c" at the end of the name parts are also race parts. It depends of the model you working on.

I got to correct you, "b" and "c" (and "d" and "e" and so on) are aftermarket bodykits, not race parts. Only the Lods1-5 got race bodykits (which are front bumper, rear bumper and spoilers), LOD0 mostly got only wing and front bumper. Don't know why, but you can't upgrade race rear bumpers in the actual Forza anyway. So it's a bit of a missing feature which is already in the models I guess.

Most of the models have only a rollcage so just simply delete the rollcage. Don't forget to uncheck "a_pillar too as it's an exterior part and we already have that part in the lod_0.Obj. Then Export it as "Cockpit".

Dont't forget to uncheck windows, mirrors, hood and headlights by exporting interior.

Now the shadow. Same process for lod_0, delete all the same race parts with the wheel and export it.

you could also seperate the lod3 interior and exterior if you want to be precise, but it's not neccessary tho.

I'm doing a Ford GT for a training model to understand modding. I've paused the Jag because I want to make it perfect.

I wouldn't reccomend to make the Ford GT for a beginner, as the striping can become really tricky to make. If I would suggest a beginner car, I would say something totally basic which don't have many features. I think a stock Ferrari F430, BMW M3 of stuff like that. But I'm not saying it's impossible to make, so good luck!

I got to correct you, "b" and "c" (and "d" and "e" and so on) are aftermarket bodykits, not race parts. Only the Lods1-5 got race bodykits (which are front bumper, rear bumper and spoilers), LOD0 mostly got only wing and front bumper. Don't know why, but you can't upgrade race rear bumpers in the actual Forza anyway. So it's a bit of a missing feature which is already in the models I guess.

Dont't forget to uncheck windows, mirrors, hood and headlights by exporting interior.

you could also seperate the lod3 interior and exterior if you want to be precise, but it's not neccessary tho.

I wouldn't reccomend to make the Ford GT for a beginner, as the striping can become really tricky to make. If I would suggest a beginner car, I would say something totally basic which don't have many features. I think a stock Ferrari F430, BMW M3 of stuff like that. But I'm not saying it's impossible to make, so good luck!

Why? LOD_0 doesn't contain this parts. About other things - i prefer to delete all parts in Zmod so thats why i uncheck only tuned bumpers and spoilers. And i will used lod1 for shadow

Thanks Driver ! :) I haven't got much time this week for working on my model. I'm gonna need a bit of help for associating the material. (Around 20min in your 1st Tutorial) I don't really know what materials goes with other materials? Basically We have to associate Glass with Windows, Undercarriage with black metals, Bodywork with paint ? I mean, which part goes with what exactly ?

In Zoqqer's tuto (who's way too fast), He import an old TDU model to I think import the materials. Do I need to do that ? Or is Zmodeler have already these materials and I just apply them directly.

It's quiet weird, I'm using Both Zoqqer's and your Tuto and it seems you have different way of work for associating your material. I admit I got lost there :lol:

Also Before that process, what I've understand is we mustn't have the same part in exterior and interior. For example, in your tutorial, you delete the interior mirrors. Because you already have the exterior mirrors. I imagine it's important to do that because it may crash the game or we could have a funny "double" glitchy mirrors. Each part of the car have to be unique. Is that right ?

Also thanks for your textures and Zmodler pack ! :)

Thanks Zoqqer ! :D Nice to see you there ! Hopefully you can help the future modders here :cool: I hope to see you more there.

Would be great also if we can have more modders having a look at this thread and helping. I would like to know what are the other Technics.

Black-Bottom-Frame-Undercarriage attach in one. Glass and Windows its different details so dont attach it. Also in one attaching Matte Colors-Plastic-Rubber Trim; all Body parts.

In Zoqqer's tuto (who's way too fast), He import an old TDU model to I think import the materials. Do I need to do that ? Or is Zmodeler have already these materials and I just apply them directly.

No, I'll create my own materials and then import TDU one

Also Before that process, what I've understand is we mustn't have the same part in exterior and interior. For example, in your tutorial, you delete the interior mirrors. Because you already have the exterior mirrors. I imagine it's important to do that because it may crash the game or we could have a funny "double" glitchy mirrors. Each part of the car have to be unique. Is that right ?

Yes, thats right ;)

Btw, third will be tomorrow

I've been trying to start a car mod today, and after three hours I've finished part 1. Just missing the lod_1 texture attaching, this is, another 2 hours of work...

When attaching the lod_1 does it need to be done exactly like with lod_0? The final groups need to be the same as in lod_0?

EDIT: Forget it, already got my answer.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how much time do you need to fully complete and release a car mod?

Driver, makes sense, 10/3=3.3 hours.

I had to redo my lods and Body 1, Body_lr and shadow yesterday due to some mistakes, and only took 50, 55 min to do it all. The first time I took in excess of 3 hours. So it really is a matter of practicing.

Zoqqer, making 3D parts is way above my set of skills for now, at least parts usable in TDU. I've used Solidworks before, but I don't think it is the easiest tool to make complex surfaces. And when I asked about the time you guys take, I meant the time you actually spent working on the mod. If you spend 6 hours each day I doubt it will take a full two weeks to complete... but what do I know?

Zoqqer, making 3D parts is way above my set of skills for now, at least parts usable in TDU. I've used Solidworks before, but I don't think it is the easiest tool to make complex surfaces. And when I asked about the time you guys take, I meant the time you actually spent working on the mod. If you spend 6 hours each day I doubt it will take a full two weeks to complete... but what do I know?

When I mod, I don't work less on a mod than 5-6 hours a day, there are days I even spend the whole day, like from 11 am till 1 am the next day. And when I take all the time together - from model preparing with all the brakes I do and the days I don't mod - it takes a month untill release. When I just take the actual time I actively mod on a mod, it sure takes a week. Even if not, it's close to it. That's why it the quality of other modders cars which finish a mod A DAY just CAN'T be super good. They just disrespect all the individual details the real models have, as this details need 1-2 days to research. Modding is a routine, and they just use every scene set up the same way - which can save time of course, but that does also mean the mods differ just from the main look of the car model.

When I mod, I don't work less on a mod than 5-6 hours a day, there are days I even spend the whole day, like from 11 am till 1 am the next day. And when I take all the time together - from model preparing with all the brakes I do and the days I don't mod - it takes a month untill release. When I just take the actual time I actively mod on a mod, it sure takes a week. Even if not, it's close to it. That's why it the quality of other modders cars which finish a mod A DAY just CAN'T be super good. They just disrespect all the individual details the real models have, as this details need 1-2 days to research. Modding is a routine, and they just use every scene set up the same way - which can save time of course, but that does also mean the mods differ just from the main look of the car model.

Wow, that's an awful lot of work... But I get your point. I'll have a look at your tutorial to check your style and compare it to Driver's, perhaps get the best of the two.

Driver, any idea of when the next episode will be released (not that I need it already)?