We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-60 times... what about cornering? ;)

Well Peugeot have obviously put some thought into it or else they wouldn't have bothered with the LSD, though I know that isn't everything.

At the end of the day these cars will rarely be on the track so cornering isn't that big a deal either.

There's not much you can do to win me over to the type-r, it's 2015's equivalent to this in my opinion, i'd rather walk:

pink-micra.jpg

No trying to convince you to like the Civic, but trying to show you that the Type-R is not classy because it's built to performance. That's why it has spoilers and vents. And those things do not help in straight line speed, but cornering speeds, cooling systems, and etc. :lol:

That's like say a Dodge Viper is not economic as a VW Polo. It's not built for economy.

No trying to convince you to like the Civic, but trying to show you that the Type-R is not classy because it's built to performance. That's why it has spoilers and vents. And those things do not help in straight line speed, but cornering speeds, cooling systems, and etc. :lol:

That's like say a Dodge Viper is not economic as a VW Polo. It's not built for economy.

I've seen a review of the Type-R where they have a look at the vents up close and question whether they actually do much, Honda insist they do, but even if they're not 100% fake, some of them are, or the holes are so small that there's no way they're not there for more than just show. Either way i'd prefer my car to corner slightly worse and not have them, they're awful, it's a family car at the end of the day, yes for young men but if he wasn't family orientated they'd probably be looking at slightly used Caymans or Boxsters to put on the drive instead.

Also, a 308 GTI and Type-R is definitely not like comparing a Viper and a Polo :oook:

At the end of the day.. it's a damn Civic, regardless of how fast it is. Take a look at a Golf R, for example. It's massively quick and yet it looks understated and "classy".

Every time I see pictures of the front of that Peugeot I think ''Seat Ibiza or Seat Leon''... It's not bad from the outside (apart from the two-tone paintjob), the inside looks a bit weird. Steeringwheel looks too small and I'm not really a fan that gear stick having a shiny knob.

I've seen a review of the Type-R where they have a look at the vents up close and question whether they actually do much, Honda insist they do, but even if they're not 100% fake, some of them are, or the holes are so small that there's no way they're not there for more than just show. Either way i'd prefer my car to corner slightly worse and not have them, they're awful, it's a family car at the end of the day, yes for young men but if he wasn't family orientated they'd probably be looking at slightly used Caymans or Boxsters to put on the drive instead.

Also, a 308 GTI and Type-R is definitely not like comparing a Viper and a Polo :oook:

The Viper and Polo is just to show, compare things that they're not built to be. The Type-R did not even tried to be classy. It's not the point. And if they work or not, i doubt this Peugeot will be "slightly worse" around Nurburgring. The Type-R have beat big cars, such as F430 and a very lightweight track built Megane R.S. I think that's rather impressive.

At the end of the day.. it's a damn Civic, regardless of how fast it is. Take a look at a Golf R, for example. It's massively quick and yet it looks understated and "classy".

Still slower than the Civic. :lol: Which is FWD, instead of AWD, like the Golf R. :lol:

And if we are going to argue about at the end of the day reputation, Civic is a Honda, and the 308, is a Peugeot, i'd rather have Honda reliability. Hahaha

Still slower than the Civic. :lol: Which is FWD, instead of AWD, like the Golf R. :lol:

And if we are going to argue about at the end of the day reputation, Civic is a Honda, and the 308, is a Peugeot, i'd rather have Honda reliability. Hahaha

Honda adds 1.39 million more vehicles to Takata recall to fix Civic and Accord

It's 2015, what major manufacturer really isn't "reliable" these days.

And I never questioned the Civic's speed, what I'm saying is it's still just a Civic with a stupid body kit and ugly bits it doesn't need. If it didn't come out of the factory like that we'd be calling it riced.

Honda adds 1.39 million more vehicles to Takata recall to fix Civic and Accord

It's 2015, what major manufacturer really isn't "reliable" these days.

And I never questioned the Civic's speed, what I'm saying is it's still just a Civic with a stupid body kit and ugly bits it doesn't need. If it didn't come out of the factory like that we'd be calling it riced.

That is the thing, it does need the kits. Maybe not all, but the spoiler, definetly. And recall doesn't make it unreliable. But if you notice, it's not Honda's fault, but Takata's fault. Honda is still winning. :lol:

I could not tell the difference between an S-class w/ AMG package and a C-class in the same trim from a distance. I swear I could not. :(

There's several of both in my town, and tbh I never know unless they're stopped for long enough for me to read the badge :fp:

There's several of both in my town, and tbh I never know unless they're stopped for long enough for me to read the badge :fp:

I can tell the difference between all Audi's, I tell you, but that S-class... I stopped walking and stood there for two minutes wondering what the hell it is. In the end, the size kinda gave me a clue.

On the other hand, Porsche has built the last 918 ever. And this one is the prettiest of them all. DAT COLOR

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2fuk%2fassets%2fcms%2fc1455783-91de-4205-891f-784f606d4d97%2fLarge+Image.jpg%3fp%3d150619_01%3a58&Width=615&Height=347

I am not a fan of that colour Merc, sorry. And the new GT looks dull in that colour imo, and what the hell is with that sign? $7500 for a life!

Still more than holland. Intoxication + driving twice as fast as allowed + killing grandpa, grandma and a 4 year old = ~200 hours of raking leaves. True story.

Another pic of that hardly-painted GT mule:

2017-Ford-GT-spied-front-three-quarter.jpg

Dayum, Ford should have tried to get that GT as the new batmobile in the new Batman vs Superman film.

Ferocious looking thing.

You're not wrong, imagine that thing painted in matte black. I think it's bloody hideous but it'd make a great batmobile :p

Italian car with red paint and big rims.... I think I'll like this :lol:

Any idea if this is the production car they're releasing or if it'll be one of those BS concept cars that they've practically already put into production 100% as it is seen as in concept form?