We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow, the Huracán Spyder is something. :drool2: Better than the coupe IMHO.

The Jag is yet another F-Type variant in the rear. Meh. Kinda looks like an Evoque. And it's really said the engineers don't worry about visibility - instead of which we get cameras all around the vehicle.

Opel Astra Sports Tourer

Opel-Astra-Sports-Tourer-1200x800-d48533928ceaeb56.jpg

Opel-Astra-Sports-Tourer-1200x800-632d490e74401bdd.jpg

Slightly bigger trunk than the outgoing model and its rivals (Golf, Focus, etc.)

MB S-class Cabrio

Mercedes-S-Klasse-Cabrio-1200x800-eea52660d1ed6f04.jpg

Available as a S 500, 63 and 65 AMG. Rag top goes up and down in 20 secs.

Seat Leon CrossSport

Seat-Leon-CrossSport-MobileRelaunch_600x400-cd5d40df-895397.jpg

This is a concept based on the Cupra 280. It now has even more power (300 PS), Haldex and sits 41 mm higher than a Leon SC. Does the 0-100kph sprint in 4.9 secs.

Infiniti Q30

Infiniti-Q30-MobileRelaunch_600x400-3c000a3d-895635.jpg

Infiniti-Q30-MobileRelaunch_600x400-6c0201b7-895636.jpg

Infiniti-Q30-MobileRelaunch_600x400-4f1f9444-895652.jpg

The Q30 is based on the MB A-class - from the specs I have read, it shares the engines, Haldex all-wheel drive, DCT and some interior bits as you can see. It will be built in the UK.

--- Post Updated ---

MB transformer

1430643291812318381.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq31JNylDgc

• 2 weeks later...

:yawn:

BMW X4 M40i

Another M Performance-tweaked BMW is coming very soon. What is it? Basically an X4 35i M Sport with some more power and additional M Performance bits 'n bobs. Oh, and the color is the new Long Beach Blue that can be seen on the X5/X6 M and upcoming 2016 M2 Coupe.

- same old N55 turbo inline six

- 360 PS (+54 PS), 465 Nm (+65 Nm)

- 0-100 in 4.9 sec (0.6 seconds faster than 35i)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1288182&d=1443362403

BMW_X4_M40i_unik_vse_dalsi_US_10_800_600.jpg

Those low profile tyres look rather lost in the wheel arches, other than that it's okay, nothing special, though I do like that rear bumper set up with the body coloured diffuser and the dual pipes.

I don't really like how they don't put fatter tires on these SUV's. The worst example I can think of is the Skoda Yeti.

I think it's hideous, but the whole X-series does look hideous to me.

I've driven one and even though it was pretty nice to drive I couldn't stop thinking how ugly it is. Interior quality was a bit disappointing (X3 is the same story obviously) - they really need to get the quality of lower models sorted out.

At least the X6 has some presence. Tbh both are better looking than the Mercedes GLE Coupé. :burp:

I've driven one and even though it was pretty nice to drive I couldn't stop thinking how ugly it is. Interior quality was a bit disappointing (X3 is the same story obviously) - they really need to get the quality of lower models sorted out.

At least the X6 has some presence. Tbh both are better looking than the Mercedes GLE Coupé. :burp:

Dear god, yup, that thing... wow. I've seen prettier snails. I need some eye bleach now >.<

I can see, with the headlight and front bumper design, a bit of the original 124 spider but I don't think it works well at all.

The front looks rather bad, enough that I didn't believe you too much that it had been caught without camo, it looks like they'd left some on :p It's very Dodge Dart-esque.

Chrome A-Pillar is a bit passé too.

It might look okay in the end but those photos don't give me much hope, which is a shame as there's a lot of potential.

I, for one, do like it but it has 2 big flaws:

- I'd still rather own a Miata

- It's still a Fiat

Yeah

adding some turbocharged Italian power

... just let Mazda take care of the engineering? Looks-wise I like the rear, not sure on the front but will wait for better images first.

"I'll just press the door opener button before we've set off to make sure they're open by the time I want to get out" was my first spontaneous thought. :hmmm: It's very clever but feels too complicated and I still think you'd get tired of gullwing doors very quickly in your daily driver car. In an SLS, sure, not in something I use to commute to/from work/supermarket.

I, for one, do like it but it has 2 big flaws:

- I'd still rather own a Miata

- It's still a Fiat

Hmm, but Fiats can be cool too. Let's not forget the 500 (and any Abarth versions), and the manufacturer everyone drools at - Ferrari :p

If it looks like that I'd hypothetically take a Mazda... but I'd want a turbo. :hmmm:

The car has sensors in the roof so it can detect the height of the garage and adjust the opening angle of the doors so it doesn't hit the roof.

In the back of my mind I knew Elon (and by way of extension, his team) would have that covered. Still a waste of battery power imo and showing off, but I'll probably never see one on the road anyways.