We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2016 MB E-class W213

Only interior shots for now.

meee02_5666f1f490efe.jpg

620_5666f21faab4f.jpg

Mercedes-E-Klasse-Detroit-2016-im-Test-Sitzprobe-1200x800-07730c3274b04895.jpg

Mercedes-E-Klasse-Detroit-2016-im-Test-Sitzprobe-1200x800-0da53d32f6d9c8f8.jpg

meee06_5666f1f4b3d98.jpg

213i17.jpg

The last pic shows the standard cluster, otherwise you get two 12.7" screens with a resolution of 1920x720 and 3 gauge styles. It has touch buttons on the steering wheel, 64 ambient light colors, Multibeam LED lights and rear tails get a "Stardust Effect" that makes some Milky Way lighting effects or something.

Ironically can't see the last picture, Tom, but I don't like the idea of having 2 iPads for a dashboard. Of course the rest of the interior is lovely, but that's a given with Mercedes. What I want to see is the outside... I predict it'll look like a smaller S-Class or bigger C-Class. :lol:

:eek: The bezel on that cheap Audio20 is absolutely god awful. That's the good thing about the W204 imo, the lower end sat navs don't look like you're a pleb in comparison to the higher end models haha.

Rest of the interior looks lovely though, and though I might not love the new screen set ups, they're still an improvement over the stuck-on ipads.

Here's the new SLK SLC:

trleohrj17krzm1ki5wi.jpg

flipeyltmabcjczkw0km.jpg

Images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

It's an improvement..... but still looks like the ugly duckling in the line-up tbh. The proportions are the same, with new stuck-on body parts from the other cars in the merc range. It's still an above-average looking car I guess, it's no 'megane CC', but if I had to choose between this and a boxster 718, there's no competition.

It's still an above-average looking car I guess, it's no 'megane CC', but if I had to choose between this and a boxster 718, there's no competition.

They're polishing a turd here, and what do you know, it's still fugly. There's a myriad of better (or at least nicer looking) cars you could choose from if you're looking for a small convertible.

There's a myriad of better (or at least nicer looking) cars you could choose from if you're looking for a small convertible.

Agreed, my money would almost definitely go to Porsche though, I absolutely adore their current lineup. What competition for the SLC did you have in mind though?