We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The volvo looks awesome, a true big coupe. Too bad it's for now just an illustration, a photoshop on the true concept car (which also looks good):

Volvo-Concept-Coupe-09.jpg

Also seems the F-type is on its way of becoming more accessible to the public. Jaguar has been seen testing a 2.0 four-cylinder powered F-type coupe, perhaps as competition against the 718 I'd assume?

2018-Jaguar-F-Type-4Four3555.jpg

Audi's new A5 coming in June 2016:

Audi-A5-S5-2016-Erste-offizielle-Bilder-und-Erlkoenige-1200x800-73cba34c0fe631b9.jpg

Biturbo V6 RS 4 Avant at the Ring:

2017? Audi A8 D5 spotted:

Audi-A8-D5-2017-Vorschau-Erlkoenig-Motoren-1200x800-0938d8adc730575c.jpg

It's said to be a revolution in Audi's design language, most likely inspired by the Prologue concept.

BMW announced today Summer 2016 updates.

The 1 & 2 Series have been given the B58 6-cylinder engine which is now replacing the old N55 unit that was used in all 35i & 40i models. All B58 models will be named "40i." The M140i (F20, F21) & M240i (F22, F23) now produce 250 kW/ 340 PS/ 335 hp, 500 Nm/ 369 ft lb. That equals to a 14PS and 50Nm bump over the old car.

The 4-cylinder petrols (120i, 220i, 230i) have also been replaced, with a slight power bump of 7 PS. 184, 224, and 252 PS now.

Also, there's the new 400PS 6-cylinder diesel engine with four turbos that is going to be in the 7 Series first. 750(L)d xDrive.

The last thing is an update for the iDrive system. New menu and bigger resolution.

qPCSXHq.jpg

Chevrolet's new Camero Z/28:

2018-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z-28-107-876x535.jpg

and the rumor has it that the new allegedly-mid-engined C8 Corvette, code named "ZERV", will be showed at NAIAS in January 2018. Chevy has trademarked an "E-Ray" moniker, so maybe a hybrid/electric Vette is possible, too.

Ford

Carbon fiber wheels also for the GT.

8.5x20 front, 11.5x20 rear; .9 kg saved per wheel. Available in both matte and clear-coated version. Prices unknown, though a replacement set for the GT350R is $14,000. They are made by an Australian company called Carbon Revolution.

Ford-GT-carbon-fiber-wheel-11-626x417.jpg

Mercedes-Benz

For China only, there's a LWB version of the new E-class; 140mm longer than the standard E - 5,063 mm. Longer than the big Range Rover, by the way.

v213-7.jpg

E 63 AMG for the rich Dutch campers spotted:

e63ut.jpg

Mercedes-AMG-E63-T-Modell-Erlkoenig-fotoshowBig-da01c93d-947777.jpg

For 2017, the G-class gets a newer, bigger Command nav display.

That's all I think.

Volvo has showed an upcoming hybrid Volvo over Snapchat... Welcome to 2016. :oook:

XC40 hybrid and maybe the V40. Will be unveiled tomorrow in Göteborg. Andai?

Volvo-XC40-2018-Erlkoenig-1200x800-aab74d4cff24d0d3.jpg

Volvo-XC40-2017-Erlkoenig-1200x800-81026e520e0dca7f.jpg

Great post, that is really appreciated Tom :hi5:

• First off, that Audi A5 image has worried me slightly, I don't know why i'm surprised that the new A5 is most likely the old A5's design with the new front fascia? I kind of expected it to be a more radical design change for some reason, as in 1st gen TT -> 2nd gen TT. I know it's a new car, not a facelift, but mehhh. We were looking at A5s last year and the only real thing i actively disliked was how outdated the interior felt so maybe with the new interior I'll warm to them again.
  • That RS4 still sounds great, but the RS4 hasn't really been anything that awe-inspiring for a while now, I wonder if the new one will change that.
  • That Audi A8 looks as if someone has glued a Q7 front to a C6 audi A6? Nottttttt looking that promising right now.
  • Meh, January 2018 seems so far away we're still in the first half of 2016, not worth discussing that corvette just yet, but yup I imagine the big 3 in the US will be pushing towards hybrids and EVs even more than they have been due to Tesla's growth.
  • Looking forward to seeing that V40, is it a facelift or a completely 'new' model as they say, doesn't look that different, more aesthetic changes than anything? It'll still make it more of an attractive alternative than ever before.

Great post, that is really appreciated Tom :hi5:

Took me a lot of time, so thanks.

• Looking forward to seeing that V40, is it a facelift or a completely 'new' model as they say, doesn't look that different, more aesthetic changes than anything? It'll still make it more of an attractive alternative than ever before.

All Volvos, starting with the XC90, will be on a brand-new platform. No more than four cylinders.

I adored the 1st gen A5... I'm not sure I will this time. Looks long, bland... uninspired.

Yeah, the pre-facelift A5 was very nice... then they kinda killed with the facelift.

There is a facelifted V40 that's been out for literally a few days or so but the one that is being unveiled tomorrow is its replacement, the brand new one. Can't remember where but the unveiling is here in Gothenburg somewhere, probably press only though. ¬¬ New platform as Tomas said but not the same one as the 90- and 60-range.

On another noows: Other than the 2 litre one, the facelifted F-type has also been spotted. Not that you can really tell much other than LED headlights from the pictures. :p

http://teknikensvarld.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/jaguar-f-type-facelift-02.jpg

http://teknikensvarld.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/jaguar-f-type-facelift-08.jpg

CLR posted that a few days ago :p

What does everyone think of a 2.0 F-Type? I don't think it's too bad an idea especially since Porsche is essentially everyone's benchmark and the 718 has gone in that direction. They'd better make it sound lurvely though, the sound is one of the best aspects of the F-Type.

I'm worried they'll add too many creases/design features on the facelift just to make it different, it'll completely ruin it :(

Holy cow.....

The new Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato. :eek:

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_01.jpg?itok=s5zl3gIB

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_02.jpg?itok=nIN0GC73

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_03.jpg?itok=5d4TIuqn

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_04.jpg?itok=kuix8RdM

aston-martin-vanquish-zagato-concept_05.jpg?itok=6u-3Q8hO

images from Top Gear | The world’s greatest car website

Power boost from 565bhp to 592bhp.

When I first saw it my eyes were distracted by those kinda tacky LED fog light things but once I'd become less transfixed on them the car just melted me, it's just, absolutely stunning.

I'd say it's got the best side/rear third quarter profile of any car designed/built in the past 20 years. Holy cow.

@Lolvo:

Especially the front shot of the second concept made me think I was looking at an attempt to model a car in SketchUp (they're often very blocky, look wide and have 90 degree corners and flat faces). As for the first one, the rear end sort of reminds me of a Nissan Juke:

@Aston: that might be the first Zagato I actually like, a lot. That looks awesome.

For Tomas, nice car with some horrible WOBWOBWOBWOB:

BMW-2002-Hommage-15-750x563.jpg

BMW-2002-Hommage-2-750x563.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

[headline]Auto News Update: 31st May 2016[/headline]

- Ferrari 458 MM Speciale:

ezntukudg8qd0ujbgyun.jpg

loj9lawrjal1bn5s8v8y.jpg

ofadnkri5lrz0fksztlu.jpg

rxlxzrkwsnbeowkw5qfy.jpg

Images from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

Based on the 458, not the 488, meaning that it's got the NA 597bhp engine :drool: This is a one off special by Ferrari for a British owner, Eric Clapton again? Perhaps public enemy number one Chris Evans? There are a fair few renown Ferrari collectors in the UK.

- 2017 Porsche Panamera:

qmmouajfvp4q6qbutu0s.png

Image from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

This is a supposedly leaked image from someone that has leaked accurate/genuine images before via Instagram. I expected the 2017 Panamera to be more revolutionary than evolutionary but then again, we are talking about Porsche here. The rear looks less bulbous, improvement or not? I think I'm going to like this.

- 2017 Opel/Vauxhall Zafira Tourer

vx_16005.jpg?itok=wHTjVDMp

vx_16004.jpg?itok=_YXJC7Uj

Images from Auto Express | New and Used Car Reviews, News Advice

Not too bad, I feel it might be getting closer to shedding its previous image and actually being a worthy rival to the Ford S-Max. That interior looks pretty decent for a car of this price category.

We've got the new A5 coming later this week so that'll be posted here then :nods:

I thought those Ferrari pictures were taken in a game on first glance then. So it's pretty much a 458 with a bit of different paint and wheels on it?

And as to the other two, eww, icky. I'll never like Zafiras no matter what they do to the looks since my dad had two of them. :fp:

Here's the facelif...new Audi A5:

fu1ydk0bd86c.jpg

5wmyjgibjq7u.jpg

1ezycq8b0wtm.jpg

qy7ytqyb5mof.jpg

Seriously Audi? That little imagination? Everybody who buys a post-2012 Merc complains like there's no tomorrow about the free standing fixed screen (and for clear reasons), and you just do the same thing? And why's the MMI button in front of the selector? Can you rest your wrist on the selector now? So far forward from the armrest...

From the outside though a nice car, a nice boxy coupe. I like that. Looks way better than the C-Coupe or upcoming E-Coupe which look more like fastbacks.

Why have they put Volvo's new headlight design as their bottom left/right side intake things? :huh:

My main issue with it is the side view, I really grew to hate the shape of the rear side window and wanted the side profile to change a bit :(

The biggest thing in this was improving the interior and considering just how awful the current A5 interior feels and looks in 2016, this is a huge improvement. Obviously the lack of retractable screen is far from perfect.