We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TVR might be on the point of do-return. Apparently this image was recently sent to all who are in TVR's current customer database:

tvr-is-terug-550.jpg

The unconfirmed story goes that it's being revived by British millionaire Les Edgar. The car itself would be designed by Gordon Murray, get a Cosworth V8 and be faster than the axe-bashed Sagaris. More information on the engine specs, the price and start of production would be disclosed early next year.

And here's an interesting one: the Daihatsu Copen. Already in its second generation now it comes with 3 body styles thanks to a modular build-up which in theory would allow a Smart-like principle of visiting the dealership to have the bodypanels replaced and get a different car back (ish). There's a classic version that looks like the first generation, a more modern looking one, and a wilder version of the modern one. And now, Daihatsu made these concepts: a Copen '4C' and a Copen Shooting Brake (finally a real one, with just two doors)

daihatsu-copen-hardtop-concepts-04.jpg

daihatsu-copen-hardtop-concepts-02.jpg

daihatsu-copen-shooting-brake-550-2.jpg

Pagani just threw in a teaser, meet the Huayra BC:

000.jpg

And in other news, Gumpert (of the radical Apollo) might have been saved. Ideal TeamVenture, the same party who bought DeTomaso in June 2015, are the new owners. They have renamed Gumpert GmbH to Apollo Automobil GmbH and their first vehicle, codenamed Arrow, will be introduced in March on the Geneva Motor Show. They will perhaps provide some first details on January 11th when the new website will be launched >here<.

The new Volvo V90 was leaked today:

volvo-v90-2017-rear-700x457.jpg

volvo-v90-2017-rear-front-interior.jpg

Sauce: Volvo V90 avslöjad – helt omaskerad! | Teknikens Värld

:hmmm:

I do like it but I'm not sure, I wish it looked more... different? Radical? I dunno, it's the same good looking front as the S90 but they took the arse from the current V60 and added some horisontalness to the tail lights.

I do like it but I'm not sure, I wish it looked more... different? Radical?.

People don't seem to buy Volvos for something radical though, they're a safe high quality vehicle with a few quirks that make them a worthy alternative to the usual choice, something radical wouldn't appeal to their target demographic imo.

I like the V90 though.

I hate this new design feature in front bumpers that seems to be growing in popularity, that lower lip being quite horizontal and separate to the rest of it, If this doesn't make sense i'll edit something up to clarify. It's something you see on new Bentleys, some Golfs and other cars at the moment and I really don't like it :hmmm:

People don't seem to buy Volvos for something radical though, they're a safe high quality vehicle with a few quirks that make them a worthy alternative to the usual choice, something radical wouldn't appeal to their target demographic imo.

I like the V90 though.

I hate this new design feature in front bumpers that seems to be growing in popularity, that lower lip being quite horizontal and separate to the rest of it, If this doesn't make sense i'll edit something up to clarify. It's something you see on new Bentleys, some Golfs and other cars at the moment and I really don't like it :hmmm:

I didn't mean radical when compared to other cars, I meant compared to their old cars, like not ripping the tail lights off the current V60, etc.

Pls explain more, I don't know what you mean by the spoiler.

I think he means this and now he pointed it out I agree:

wsTbivN.png

Isn't that the front splitter also as often used on race cars? Bit of a sportier way to emphasise the mouth and perhaps better airflow for cooling and/or fuelconsumption.
Yeah. It doesn't look bad, just a bit plonked on there. :p Also, these aren't race cars.

Yah, especially when the huge intake mouths are fake. :lol:

What do those even have to do with the splitter we're discussing? :susp:

Here:

New-VW-Golf_2457445c.jpg

Bentley-Continental_GT_Speed_2016_32456.jpg

There are more examples out there, but surely that's enough for me to ask people, do you think that looks good? I think it looks really cheap and basic

If those small pieces of painted bodywork went all the way down I think it would look so much better, but having it finish and creating that plastic gab/chin spoiler really ruins the car for me.

On the golf, the VW Golf, a car synonymous with snooooooooreeee zzzzzzzzzzzzz boring, "my wife made me choose this over that much cheaper Seat Leon Cupra or Alfa Giuletta that are so much more interesting" or "my company only gave me the choice between a silver Golf or black Golf" even though they know it's a much better car than its rivals...... I feel it's a design feature a bit too far, it's unnecessary and doesn't really add much to the design (in my eyes it detracts from it), similar to the little fin on the left and right of the front bumpers of Jaguar F-Types that you don't find on the project 7.

On the golf, the VW Golf, a car synonymous with snooooooooreeee zzzzzzzzzzzzz boring, "my wife made me choose this over that much cheaper Seat Leon Cupra or Alfa Giuletta that are so much more interesting" or "my company only gave me the choice between a silver Golf or black Golf" even though they know it's a much better car than its rivals...... I feel it's a design feature a bit too far, it's unnecessary and doesn't really add much to the design (in my eyes it detracts from it), similar to the little fin on the left and right of the front bumpers of Jaguar F-Types that you don't find on the project 7.

I love semi-drunk Mike :D

It's not so bad on the Golf, it almost blends in, however on the Bentley it looks absolutely hideous and completely out of place. I wouldn't call the Bentley pretty (though I do love it) but that stupid almost spoiler ruins the flow of the design.