We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Garage Challenge: One Vehicle, Two Generations

CarMadMike

Hey guys,

Inspired by a post on Jalopnik yesterday. If you had to choose two generations of the same vehicle as the only cars in your garage what would you choose? Price isn't important, if they don't necessarily share the same moniker but you think the bloodline is close enough post it and we'll decide :)

46c54171-6314-931b.jpg&h=600&w=936&zc=1

So would you go for a classic Dukes of Hazard '69 Dodge Charger alonside a '15 Charger Hellcat, or are you more the classic robust Toyota and cruiser/modern day luxury land cruiser kinda guy?

Post links to actual examples for sale if you can :nods:

(Anyone trying to pass off a Mclaren GTR Longtail as their daily driver will be sneered at and judged)

Lamborghini Murcielago SV and Lamborghini Aventador wouldn't be too bad :hmmm:

What if you had a dog that needed to go to the vet or something? They wouldn't be that good in that situation :p Remember these would be the only 2 vehicles in your garage, therefore your daily driver. If you're allergic to all pets and have already had a vasectomy then i'm sure your suggestions would be fine :cheeky:

I first thought Sauber C11 and Merc C112 but I think that really doesn't match the criteria (C112 and C114 would fit better but when the latter doesn't exist...). Then I thought 300SLR Uhlenhaut coupe and SLR, but the 2 Uhlenhauts are not for sale and the SLR is meh...

Problem solved:

300CE Hammertime

1986-mercedes-300-ce-56-amg-hammer.jpg

CLK 63 AMG Black Series.... in white

$_57.JPG

I'd like to say a mk1 Mini and a mk2-6 Mini but you'd throw a baguette at me because you're French. :hmmm:

So then I'd like to choose a Lotus Elise 135R and Lotus Evora but they're not strictly related as such really, probably.

So then my third choice would be these:

Mustang mk1 Fastback

1024px-1965_Ford_Mustang_Fastback_%2815595256971%29.jpg

2015 Mustang

800px-2015_Ford_Mustang.jpg

Okay though of one set I can live with.

The KPGC-10 Skyline GT-R...

C10GT-R.jpg

And the R32 Skyline GTR...

Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_001.jpg

Another would be the.

Series 1 E-type Coupe...

Jaguar-E-Type-Carmen-Red-Series-1-3.8-Fixed-Head-Coupe-1961-64-2.jpg

And the Mk2 Jaguar XKRS.

jaguar-xkr-s-convertible-ice-1.jpg

Before you kick up a fuss, the XK is in the bloodline of the E-type and well...it was out before the F.

'69 Dodge Charger alonside a '15 Charger Hellcat

This was what popped in to my head a few days ago when you mentioned the Challenger in the Chatbox, damnit that you had to post it in your OP >.< Maybe not the Hellcat version though. I've seen one of the new Chargers SRT's and I love how they look. Too bad both of them would cost an absolute fortune to run, especially in fuel. :p

I think you might have won the thread though with the 911's you posted above.