We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

H4milton

Had a conversation with eden games on their official facebook page(it's verified). I've asked them indirectly and assuming that there won't be any TDU 3, the message I got as a reply:

0cc4b4a6756f1ae31c9d430cd9409fcb.png

As you can see, Eden games told us to wait. Despite I assumed there won't be any TDU 3, but they didn't agree with me over there.

With the license still in the hands of Atari and Eden being an independent studio now (I think) it would either need Atari to get Eden to make it or Eden would create a TDU 3 but not with the TDU name. It's doubtful Atari would do it though as they seem to be riding that mobile/tablet train right now, but could you see the TEST DRIVE IP sold or licensed out? Possibly.

Best case scenario is Eden making Gear.Club a success allowing them the chance and capital to make a TDU-clone for the main consoles and PC. However with Forza Horizon 3 and future versions hitting the PC, the competition has heated up. Sony could pull out something for their own and maybe even Codemasters might delve into the open-world racer too. It could even be what a large amount of the ex-DRIVECLUB team are working on for them.

Now that would be exciting!

If it's gonna be Eden Games again, they should get a publisher who gives them time to do stuff right, get enough funding to obtain interesting licenses, tech and SKILLED people, and actually understand what people would want from a racing game like this. TDU2 made the wrong steps somebody assumed was forward, the game could technically have offered more, the car list can be a tad bigger than 80 cars (remaining 20/30 were DLC or preorder) and ofcourse a lot traces right to Atari being the leading party, from a beta that wasn't taken seriously to poor support to not having the money or feel to get it done right. They got it right once, with TDU1.

But I don't see this happening. I think the best option to bring TDU3 where it should be, surprising and well packed, would be to put the best team at it, and then I'd say Turn10 or Evolution Studios. I have no experience with DriveClub's and Forza's festival stuff, but it shouldn't be too hard to create something a bit more convincing than the Squabbling Bros. Ofcourse Evolution Studios might be a bit more difficult now but you never know. First see how FH3 turns out.

The horizon series is more that good enough.

Mate... 10 years later people are still playing TDU. Can you see people playing Forza Horizon in 2022? I can't..

The map is limited, the physics get worse with every game (yeah yeah TDU2..), they try to over-complicate the game with drivatars and races and events instead of good old fashioned players-in-a-big-ass-map free roam.

That's exactly why TDU still has such a following after so long and even after better games came out. They failed in the environment being usually too small. Well not small but not of a size where repeating areas and feeling constrained become apparent.

MCLA you could loop in 10 mins... at top speed of course. The original Forza Horizon was varied and had glorious roads but again it wasn't enough. Now I cannot comment on some of the others but if the driving is great but the space isn't much then it will get tiresome fairly quick and the same can be said for the opposite, but get something that handles in an ok manner with a large driving area and you're laughing!

That's what TDU did so well. And here's hoping that Horizon 3 will do the same. Yeah The Crew had the same sort of formula but the handling is still enough to push people away, which is a shame. Perhaps the sequel will do a 2 right. (:oook:)

There's always something they don't get right, which is such a shame. Horizon (1) was perfection, except the map was just too small. In every other regard I think the map was great, really varied and just a lovely environment to drive in. The physics were a perfect blend of sim and arcade, it felt realistic but not as challenging as FM. Then you had the car list and ability to customise.

Horizon 2 fell short for me, mostly because of the physics. But also because the map didn't feel as good to me. Very forgettable. It's also a little laggy on my Xbone, which is really disappointing.

The Crew, yet again - physics. So disappointing for a game that has such an unbelievable map. The size, the variations of each area with their own environment. Stunning. But it's not enjoyable because of the physics. Although saying that bikes feel much like TDU, so if you don't mind not driving cars it's fine :lol:

The Crew, yet again - physics. So disappointing for a game that has such an unbelievable map. The size, the variations of each area with their own environment. Stunning. But it's not enjoyable because of the physics. Although saying that bikes feel much like TDU, so if you don't mind not driving cars it's fine :lol:

Well bikes are quite fun to drive in TDU2 as well, but thats not why most of us is here right?