We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC DLC - Would you buy it?

Eudemon

Would you pay for PC DLC?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for PC DLC?

• Yes, I would
    • No way, it should be free
    • Not sure

Regarding PC DLC, if Eden and Atari went the paid for route with the DLC would you actually pay for it? If it came out on an expansion disc or as download would you be willing to pay the same or just under what the Xbox 360 players do?

I think DLC is a tough nut to crack on PC especially if you wish to charge for it as someone will always find a way past it so to speak. How would Atari and Eden be able to pull it off if they did charge for it? Or should it be free to begin with and you will scream bloody murder if they dare charge for what is to be honest Premium Content.

Let's hear your views and remember be civil and no language.

Thanks ! :D

For reference:

350 Points

us.png$4.37 USD

uk.png£2.98 GBP

ck.png€4.07 EUR

ca.png$5.60 CAD

au.png$5.78 AUD

jp.pngY 518 JPY

ch.png7.49 CHF

no.png28.70 NOK

DLC is download content if I'm not mistaken. :) neilgt just beat me.

Download content has always been free for the PC but we have always had to pay for expansion packs. I have always said if the content is high quality then they have a good reason to charge for it. But when items are left out the game and then sold later, this a hate with a passion.

If you are going to make a game then include all the content at the start. Then anything you do after is ok as a expansion or DLC with a price tag. With regards to TDU adding a few extra cars (as good as they are) and charging for them is hard to understand.

For Atari and Eden I think a better option for them is to have a booster pack with a price tag. This would include all new cars, updated sounds so all cars have their own sound, some new things like clothes, music and challenges.

But before all this they should spend all their time fixing the bugs.

(I love this game so much that I will buy any new cars :D but don't tell them that ;))

Hmm, this is a MMO-game. I've played World of Warcraft for like 2 years, and then it's free updates often with a whole lot of content. But again tho, you pay 10$ every month. So probably YES, i would pay for DLC!. Because you are not charged every month like in most other MMO's and then to pay a little for DLC don't do much harm to me.

i do not think i would pay for DLC if they offered it online cause i cant put my credit card online. I can only buy from stores..

The Verdict is.........

1) I would buy a CD from stores if it had like 50 cars as said earlier

2) if its on the internet for like 2 bucks then its NOT worth it

PLEASE GIVE IT TO US FOR FREE

(btw people i still haven;t played the game cause my graphics card sucks!)

• 5 months later...

On Xbox 360 you need to purchase points in order to use them, you can't just put it on your card which is basically a nice easy way Microsoft to make a lot of money. Remember also that the price above probably includes the allowance of a fee for Microsoft for using their distribution service so you might find it could be slightly cheaper on PC if a viable and secure method of distribution could be found.

Note that's the price per pack which includes 6 premium cars + 1 free. I don't mind paying it for this game though as they model everything including the interior, windows, doors, engine (we'll not mention the F1 GT) etc so more work compared to what some companies do. However I wish they would get the sounds close and not mess up with the dials as that's just annoying.

But yeah 6th pack is coming up for release for 360 so in GBP that's 6 x £3 say, that's £18 for 36 Premium cars (always 1 free in every pack), that's what £0.50 per car?

That's not bad actually.

there is no way I would pay for it. Atari/Eden owe us for putting up with all the inherent bugs in the game, and the constant random crashing. If there was to be DLC, it should have been released "Monthly" as stated that they would do. I would have payed for it, if only the game had a lack of bugs, and ATARI/EDEN actually put some effort into getting it working well.

It is taking so long due to the fact they want an effective and secure way to distribute it. As for all the problems, that can't be denied but there are dev interview videos on dailymotion showing them testing on several systems and with controllers and G25's and the game is running smooth. It's really annoying them the troubles people are having with certain configs.

Also the internet problems are gamespy not Atari and they have been onto them about it.

Not saying this excuses them but just realise they aren't just keeping it from you for the sake of it.

I'm with the I'd pay for a true 'expansion pack' in a retail package with a decent amount of content camp. However, bug fixes should be free patches and there is no way I'm paying over the internet for a DLC. Leave the net for free bug-fixing and small amounts of free new content.

I doubt Atari will release the DLC's for free because there are so many people who couldn't care less about $4.37 USDuk.png£2.98 GBPck.png€4.07 EUR etc. If I read a review about people buying DLC's and they give a good review I might buy it. But the way things are going with bugs, internet problems and crashes in TDU at the moment things aren't looking up to scratch.

How are the Xbox 360 DLC's?