We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Favourite Music - Of The Week: Discussion

Iced_Bullet

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------

And finally, sorry to anyone who read and was offended by my post (the one swear word that I used). All I have to say is, if you read a swear word on a forum and get offended you need to get out more.

----------

Well, my brother (who you know and love ;)) reads this forum sometimes .... which is why swearing shouldn't be allowed. Not just because it's my brother, but beacue we have quite a few young members on here.

Guest RB26DETT

i listen to heavy metal most of the time. not all metal songs are: "ARRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHH BWAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! ERRERRRRRRR!!!!" I know what you guys mean, I like listening to it especially when I'm mad and need to calm down. It's very relaxing. I also listen to TRANCE music as well especially when I'm driving.

Here's some heavy metal songs that aren't all screaming and currently I'm listening to:

Shinedown - Fly From The Inside

Sevendust - Enemy

Sevendust - Angel's Son (this is a ballad. you gotta check this one out.)

Divine Heresy - Failed Creation (Caution: this is heavy)

P.S. I don't know how to embed here. :-p

EDIT: just saw this now. lol.

Oh my, I read the first page and the last page and can say... Is RB26DETT the only one with good taste in music?

thanks SENSEI. i'm not a big fan of dragonforce and avenged but they're alright. tbh, i'm more into 80-90's metal (i.e. Iron Maiden, Metallica, Pantera, etc etc...) but i'm getting back into listening to bands from the year 2000+ like Sevendust and Shinedown. Hellyeah is an awesome band as well.

Ah, well I love listening to the oldie stuff like Maiden, Led Zep, ACDC, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Metallica and the likes. But to be honest, it seems to send me to sleep because (compared to the music I listen to most of the time) it is very slow and sometimes not lively enough for me.

I have to say I prefer the new bands that are coming out all the time to anything that is called 'legendary' rock music.

Imma listen to these 4 you posted, never heard of them before. :)

Well, my brother (who you know and love ;)) reads this forum sometimes .... which is why swearing shouldn't be allowed. Not just because it's my brother, but beacue we have quite a few young members on here.

Agreed, hence why I apologised. But the people reading and replying to this thread are predominantly more mature.

EDIT: Yeah I listened to those 4 songs. Loved the two Sevendust one's, I'll probably go download some. But I have to say, what do you see in that 4th one? Just made me angry.

Guest RB26DETT

i get what you're saying. the old stuff had bouncy feel to it because off the guitar riffs and heavy bass. examples would be Sad But True by Metallica and Cowboys From Hell by Pantera.

EDIT: Yeah I listened to those 4 songs. Loved the two Sevendust one's, I'll probably go download some. But I have to say, what do you see in that 4th one? Just made me angry.

i listen to all kinds of metal. i listen to that to relax. i know it sounds weird but it works for me. i'm glad you like the sevendust songs. check out their albums "Animosity" and "Seasons". i think you'll like Seasons more.

what did you think of Shinedown?

Of all the metal bands out there I would say Dream Theater are probably the most talented but they are relitivly unheard of becouse of the word Progressive in the genra title, is very strange really.

I much prefer older stuff, it seems to have more in it almost, more original. As for the indie stuff, can really respect that, some is very good.

Guest RB26DETT
If that song is anything to go by I would download some of their stuff, problem with music like that is I tend to listen to one and download loads of it but never listen to it. Dunno why.

yeah. Fly From the Inside is from their album "Leave a Whisper". Check out the these songs from that album aswell:

- Burning Bright

- In Memory

- Stranger Inside

Another Scottish band doing the damage:

WARNING!!:: Contains some unsuitable language for minors and listening at work or school.

Listen to It's my own cheating heart that makes me cry.

http://www.myspace.com/glasvegas

Also check out this: (recommend listening to the music rather than the video itseld)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXRfhIDLtA