We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nugget of the Week!! *archive*

Eudemon

Well well well, what do we have here then?! I'll tell you what we got, we have a new award, one that is sure to bring great popularity to those who receive it albeit through humiliation and utter disbelief which will no doubt result in the words "did he/she just say/do/post that!!?". This prestigious accolade will be given out weekly to the member who we ascertain to have given the dumbest, most moronic, head scratching inducing contribution of the week. The prize for being the chosen one ladies and gentleman, is the Nugget of the Week. Yes you will be labelled a Total Nugget for the duration of the upcoming week and just to make sure that you don't forget or that others don't miss the fact that you are a Total Nugget™, you will have a nice bright image in your posts as well as in your Profile (shown below). Yes we are so kind we know.

nugget.gif

Well that is all, play nice and be careful, or you may end up with Chicken on your Chin. :eek_blue:

Note: All board rules still apply with this, meaning only those who commit stupidity responsibly and obey the rules will be considered for the award, any disobeying of the rules will result in the usual action being taken, so don't think you can be funny by breaking the rules, it's not going to happen!

All Total Nuggets™ will be listed below with links to their corresponding IQ dropping moment.

Total Nuggets™

-----------------

(2) - Numbers in brackets denote how many times this member has been a Total Nugget.

Week #1. FA430RGT :: Posted Muhammad Ali quotes in a thread that was for quotes heard online in TDU only.

Week #2. Iced_Bullet :: Never realised Pherelas was being sarcastic when he said that he thought it was strange to see a TVR Sagaris in a TVR dealer.

Week #3. Hybrid_IV :: Posted a reply in which he made the mistake of saying that when a future DLC car is released that "you won't sound right" when he was meaning that it won't sound right.

Week #4. Mb :: In an attempt to make someone else be noted as a Total Nugget Mb mistook the meaning of a word the person he was quoting used, thus labelling himself as the Total Nugget in one swift move. AKA He was a dumbass.

Week #5. baldred :: Asked for the address of a house for a homewarming party for a house that doesn't exist yet!

Week #6. RB26DETT :: Was informed to place a warning regarding that some images may not be suitable for those who are underage only to get the phrasing of the warning wrong.

Week #7. MadMax :: As helpful and indepth as the description Madmax gave to a new member about how to get his photomode pictures uploaded onto the internet, it was completely irrelevant as the original poster was asking about the Xbox 360 and Max gave him it for PC, not the worst we've had but still worthy anyway.

Week #8. SupermAnthony :: The dreaded nugget thread curse strikes again with SupermAnthony asking that why don't we add all nuggets to the first post and their reasons for becoming so. You know like we already do, like this in fact, duh! :o

Week #9. randomus_r :: One of our newest members being kind to other new registers welcomes RH12234 to TDUc ...unfortunately he was in Danny_GTR's Intro thread. *D'oh!*

Week #10. Iced_Bullet(2) :: Trying to dispel an observation that a member noticed in a so called "email from atari", he posted a screen of his own version... which unsurprisingly enough was exactly the same as what was being said before. He also never realised a 'new' member signed up 4 months before him as he made a point of "Sorry for making you sign up just for those 2 posts".

Week #11. F1Ferrari :: Not so much a dumb quote this week but more just a complete dumb moment, in that F1Ferrari posted a thread asking about a Forza 2 video I had done but being that my name is so difficult to spell what with all those long unpronouncable uhh... word he managed to title the thread "Daiblo what is this? LOL".

Week #12. CarboyZR1 :: In the thread about what racing car would you choose KingSkyline said he would like the Audi R10 to which CarboyZR1 replied "That's not a race car, that's a supercar." :rolleyes: :p

Week #13. carmadmike :: In the "name that car" thread, carmadmike posted what he thought might be a hard one to identify, within minutes though, it was answered ...all because he never renamed the original image that he linked to. All together now "Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!". :pcpunch:

Week #14. Andrei221 :: Posting his entry for the POTW Andrei221 showed a very well taken image of an Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Unfortunately he labelled it on the image itself as a V8 Vanquish.

Week #15. Diablo :: Literally to many to mention. Let's see, alright I put the wrong week number in the POTW header, I said thought instead of 'fought'. Baldred probably noticed this but I tried to cover it up anyway, I posted a response to MCW (creme egg) in a thread he didn't post in and uhh there was something else that I can't remember. So there you go, The admin has been a Total Nugget!

Week #16. RH12234 :: In response to why there are no Porsche's in TDU RH12234 mentioned that the "Cayenne is an awesome car, just play forza to drive it" when of course he meant the Cayman. Ah well at least nobody spoke about the garden variety type that usually creep into a conversation about the cars from Stuttgart (Porches). :D

Week #17. MadMax(2) :: Not a majorly dumbdonkeyrear this week but stupid all the same, MadMax pointing out to a member that voting does in fact close tomorrow....wait no it doesn't; entries close and voting begins. *tut tut*

Week #18. Iced_Bullet(3) :: Amazingly Iced_Bullet grabs a hattrick with this belter right at the death on the Saturday. Talking about school holidays Iced mentions that his own and Speed's holidays start "this thursday" the 20th March and then end on the 7th March..... uhh okay then, that's one hell of a holiday season I think you'll agree!!

Week #19. carmadmike(2) :: One of sheer brilliance this one and worthy of starting some sort of Hall of Shame. carmadmike in liking a video of a giant robotic quadroped to Star Wars and it's battles mixed up the genius that is George Lucas who as most of you know wrote and directed the Star Wars film ....well not according to carmadmike, that accolade and the billions of $$$$$$'s that came with it was all done by the one, the only Matt Lucas. You know the bald fat guy from Little Britain, you're not from the UK? Ah right well have a search and you'll find him, you can certainly see the resemblance.

Week #20. Holy crap ...I mean Car Freak :: A bit of an informative one this week, you see we found out that Car Freak saw someone in the game with the same Chinese name as him and apparently and rather surprisingly, it's the very oriental sounding and hard to pronouce ....... "holy crap". Ni hao holy crap!

Week #21. Mellors :: This one is a stupid comment from mellors, nothing unusual there then, basically in the F1 Bahrain thread he said that Nige's favourite didn't get into the podium even though it was only qualifying.

Week #22. Diablo(2) :: While posting about the difference in time compared to the announcement and the unexpected release of the Megapack Diablo posted that it was almost a month due to the announcement being made on the 12th March and the pack being released the 12th April in Europe, of course with North America being a good few hours behind it would still have been the 11th which is what was posted........... but the 11th March, not April. D'oh! Now I'm 2 !

Week #23. carmadmike(3) :: Let's just say that carmadmike made more than a months worth of nugget moments in only the 1 week!!

Week #24. CarboyZR1(2) :: Carboy makes not 1 but 2 durrr moments this week and the first one happened only 38 mins into the new week! In Speedtouch's thread (who just avoided being Nugget last week) about the crashed Aston Martin DBS which he originally linked to as a DB9 and he thought noone noticed, but uh no not here as I spotted it and quoted it to Speedtouch's dismay, but, you see Carboy never caught this and thought I was the one who was wrong as he tried to pull me up for it *eeh aww*. To really clinch it though, in the same thread he posts some of the infamous cars that have been on Bond including the Lotus that everyone knows and loves, the Elise! Well ...yeah, you know. :oook: :twisted:

Week #25. Baltoman :: Being the ever so helpful member he is, Baltoman posted a reply in regards to how to lose the Police in TDU when they are chasing you. Unfortunately the original poster was posting about Grand Theft Auto IV, an easy mistake to make you say? Uhh not when the thread itself was posted in the Grand Theft Auto IV forum, so Baltoman, official Doorman of TDUc, we salute while throwing nuggets at you.

Week #26. DriftNismo :: Easy one this, compare 2 cars by the same Manufacturer and post why you like one over the other. Easy right? Yep it was for many until DriftNismo posted the Mercury Cougar and the Pontiac GTO to compare. Yep, we know, if the boy had brains he'd be dangerous. :D

Week #27. Mortimer :: Mortimer, a fairly recent member to us here at TDUc made this belter of a nugget in the 'What you saw recently' thread where Lwsbrck posted a nice find of an old style Mustang and a Lancia Delta which he kindly attached and as you will see from the quote even stated what the cars were. Well Mortimer being the ever careful reader thought no chance, even if you were there and I wasn't I know that car isn't what you say and I will voice my opinion loud and proud and I will be .............completely wrong. Nicely done Mortimer, smooooooth.

Week #28. Mb(2) :: When you see the thread title "British are Nuts! Guy has sex with VW Beetle!", you tend to think wow this guy from the UK is nuts and needs to get out more so when you get to the end of the article and see "Unsurprisingly, Jason from Missouri, USA" you do a double take and wonder alrighty then did you even read the article?! What a nugget eh?

Week #29. RH12234(2) :: A very very closely fought week this one but for sheer "uhh wth?" it has to goto RH12234. You see contradiction can be a very hard thing not to do to yourself, as you can sometimes never remember what you might have said a few weeks, months or even years ago but in RH12234's case all it took was 23 minutes. Yep that's right, have some McDonald's in the morning for your breakfast, then a few hours later post in the forum that you had done exactly this, then 23 minutes later forget about it and mention that you haven't had a McD's in 4 months! Uhh yeah....

Week #30. Iced_Bullet(4) :: We have a new Queen ..I mean King ... No I was right the first time!! Yes Iced takes the crown again with his 4th, yes that's 4 Total Nuggets so far with this completely stupidendous (new word?) try to get one over on randomus, who posted a video at 32 secs long and Iced posted a longer version at 1m05secs, yes folks that's a whole 5 secs more according to Iced_Bullet. I know he isn't the brightest is he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is only a bit of fun but if you don't like being the current nugget then just PM myself and I will change you to normal again, it's just for a laugh but I'll understand!

• Replies 1.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week #1. FA430RGT :: Posted Muhammad Ali quotes in a thread that was for quotes heard online in TDU only.

66a.gif

I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round. 99a.gif

66a.gif It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. 99a.gif

66a.gif Floats like a butterfly, sting like a bee, his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see. 99a.gif

Before the 1974 fight against George Foreman

66a.gif I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick. 99a.gif

Again, before the 1974 Foreman fight

66a.gif I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark. 99a.gif

Yet more '74 pre-fight build-up ahead of facing Foreman

66a.gif The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. 99a.gif

66a.gif Superman don't need no seatbelt. 99a.gif

66a.gif When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace. 99a.gif

66a.gif I'm the best. I just haven't played yet. 99a.gif

On playing golf

ON BOXING

66a.gif Boxing is a lot of white men watching two black men beat each other up. 99a.gif

Champions aren't made in gyms, champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. 99a.gif

66a.gif Only the nose knows where the nose goes when the doors close. 99a.gif

66a.gif I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life. 99a.gif

After losing to Ken Norton, 31 March 1973

Muhahahaha i set the trap, and somebody has fallen for it

wonder how long before the king of not thinking before opening mouth "nige7" wins the award

You know i love ya really nige7, but come on, its gonna happen

HA HA LOL !

It is bound to happen I know that lol.

All I know is I plan not too be 'the Nugget' anytime soon !!!

Week #2. Iced_Bullet :: Never realised Pherelas was being sarcastic when he said that he thought it was strange to see a TVR Sagaris in a TVR dealer.

Sorry, but why's this a strange thing? lol - may be a very stupid question, as I'm probably missing something blattently obvious :p

Week #3. Hybrid_IV :: Posted a reply in which he made the mistake of saying that when a future DLC car is released that "you won't sound right" when he was meaning that it won't sound right.

As to sounds in the game ... I think a lot of the cars don't sound wuite right ... as well as being let down by the CS, the Countach isn't noisy enough, the F40 doesn't pop every 5 seconds! and I dare say when the Cobra finally appears you won't sound right.