We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nugget of the Week!! *archive*

Eudemon

• Replies 1.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear..

I last played TDU on a normal monitor at 1280X1024 but now I have it setup on my TV again and it doesn't display that res so I was wondering if someone could please give me the menu layouts to get to the resolution changer option thing.

simpler way:

esc > options > video > res

:p

Iced being the twat he is
    Excuse me?! I think you need to go and Piss right off Diablo! How is that nice? And don't bother giving me an infraction, as you called me a twat (which is miles worse). You don't know anything about me (except I can be a bit careless in what I type - or mainly my lack of checking). So really, you have no grounds to call me that, I was expecting to have a nice return from my tiring Geography trip, but found out I was called a twat by the administrator I had built up a great deal of respect for from the Mod Mod jester I was granted, your joky posts etc etc (yes I laughed at my x4 nugget), but then saw Sensei's quote and noticed you call me that, which, in my opinion, is ... well ... I thought you were better than that, seeing as you run the place .... :rolleyes:

I really don't think my post should be deleted, after all I have been insulted and the other members should know how I feel and I should not be told this is a matter for PMs, as you called me a twat in a public post, which was brought to your attention by a REAL friend of mine. In other words, he was pointing out to you, we would have been banned for calling another member a twat and probably that I would take offence to it (which I have), therefore you should have rectified your post. You have had 5 days to do so! So really, I have right to post back in the manner I am doing so.

Twat, from your local "slang / twist on the English language" may be considered acceptable, but here it is not. And when not said by one of your mates (not some stranger off a forum), can be extremely offensive, especially when not in a really really really joky way.

I just don't know what to say really. I'm shocked.

Okay then, but point taken. I can see your point Iced, but i'm sure Diablo didn't mean to offend you. And i'm sure that now he knows your insulted and quite rightly disappointedly you will receive a full apology.

I have to agree with Iced. I do understand that Nugget of the Week is for laughs, but just being call a Twat, which can sometimes be taken in a way of offense, is clearly unprofessional in my opinion, especially when stated by the administrator, or the "boss" as you might say. I have been in Iced's position before and I am very shocked with the statement that Diablo said. He has come back from a tiring trip and what he deserves is more of a welcoming or putting him into a good mood. If you were call a twat in the clear public, what would you say?

Excuse me?! I think you need to go and Piss right off Diablo! How is that nice? And don't bother giving me an infraction, as you called me a twat (which is miles worse). You don't know anything about me (except I can be a bit careless in what I type - or mainly my lack of checking). So really, you have no grounds to call me that, I was expecting to have a nice return from my tiring Geography trip, but found out I was called a twat by the administrator I had built up a great deal of respect for from the Mod Mod jester I was granted, your joky posts etc etc (yes I laughed at my x4 nugget), but then saw Sensei's quote and noticed you call me that, which, in my opinion, is ... well ... I thought you were better than that, seeing as you run the place .... :rolleyes:

I really don't think my post should be deleted, after all I have been insulted and the other members should know how I feel and I should not be told this is a matter for PMs, as you called me a twat in a public post, which was brought to your attention by a REAL friend of mine. In other words, he was pointing out to you, we would have been banned for calling another member a twat and probably that I would take offence to it (which I have), therefore you should have rectified your post. You have had 5 days to do so! So really, I have right to post back in the manner I am doing so.

Twat, from your local "slang / twist on the English language" may be considered acceptable, but here it is not. And when not said by one of your mates (not some stranger off a forum), can be extremely offensive, especially when not in a really really really joky way.

Gotta agree with Iced.

But Iced, you know we all still love you :)

(psst you too Balto!)

Yes, Where im from, Calling someone a twat Is quite a big Insult, and calling someone a twat up front would probably result in them breaking your nose:eek_blue:

Then again, I know that one persons view on their own Vocab changes to the next person, Some words that are on this forum I wouldnt dream on saying to any of my friends etc

I dont think Diablo meant it in any Insulting way, I think the word is insulting like you do Iced, But if you think about it, Diablo is not going to Insult you like that

I can see where you are coming from iced with this, but if you two were in the same room and he said it, it wouldn't of been in a serious manner. You would be able to tell by his voice that he wasn't trying to insult you. Judging by the rest of his post I wouldn't say he was trying to insult you or be in a bad mood with you. You just have to look at it from his point of view.

I can see where you are coming from iced with this, but if you two were in the same room and he said it, it wouldn't of been in a serious manner. You would be able to tell by his voice that he wasn't trying to insult you. Judging by the rest of his post I wouldn't say he was trying to insult you or be in a bad mood with you. You just have to look at it from his point of view.
    That's the thing, he would only be in my room if he was a real (life) friend. If Sensei called me a twat, I would call him other stuff, as that's what's friends do. It's what you (generally) need in a peer "relationship", is a bit of banter. And as I don't know Diablo in real life, the words do not have the same meaning. I can see what you mean about "he wouldn't really insult you", I just think it's off he should even do so ... for the reasons I have posted.

Gotta agree with Iced.

But Iced, you know we all still love you :)

(psst you too Balto!)

:o thanks :)

This is a lolcat interpretation of Iced's post.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e192/xaidynx/Pew.jpg

LMAO!!!!!

Awww come'on Iced dont take it that way, yes I know Diablo is wrong for saying (typing) that but dont stress yourself. Relax a little, come'on lets talk a little *Grabs by the sholder and walks away* :)

*Grabs by the sholder and walks away*

Gay!

Iced I can see what you mean, by this and why your annoyed. But if Diablo really meant to call you a twat he would have banned you since you must have done something wrong, I think a simple need of apology is needed and a word in the Ban Dictionary.

..... :oook:

Now everyone on this thread is overreacting. Who gives a if they're called a twat? I think you all need to grow up and face it like adults.

(Yes I'm in a bad mood so yeah.)