We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hmm ... bad news (RRoD) [Part 2!]

Eudemon

Sorry to hear about your Xbox failure Diablo, you did well to get nearly 2 years out of it, I'm on my third in 14 months! Luckily my two failures were within the first 12 months so I didn't have to deal with Microsoft, just took them back to Game for replacements.

Here's hoping you get a speedy resolution the Microsoft way.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well UPS must be happy with this arrangement as I phoned them up and expected them to say something like "are you free such and such day" but no the operator says "are you available from now till 5PM today".

So it must go like:

UPS: "Hi UPS how can I help you?"

Cust.: *give details*

UPS: *searches for what's available in the next 3-5 days*

Cust.: "Yeah it's an Xbox 360 being sent for repair."

UPS: *pickup today = Kachhiiiiiiinnngaaaa*

UPS: "Are you available today?"

Cust.: "Yep!"

UPS: *We're in the money ....*

lol

It was very common on Windows 98 especially when you were on the internet as so many people could exploit it, the easiest being multiple popups that would crash your system due to using all the memory.

Anyone want to place a bet when I will get my box back, winner gets an L/XL Atari t-shirt!

It was very common on Windows 98 especially when you were on the internet as so many people could exploit it, the easiest being multiple popups that would crash your system due to using all the memory.

Anyone want to place a bet when I will get my box back, winner gets an L/XL Atari t-shirt!

I reckon on the 3rd Week from sending it away :D

I'm guessing it means he was last seen on the website 4 hours ago.

The way you can tell is even if the player is appearing offline, the website still tells you what game was last played and when, for example:

12dsb2JgbA9ECgQBGwcfWStXL2ljb24vMC84MDAwIAABAAAAAPgn-Oo=.jpgTest Drive Unlimited

Last Played: 1/10/2007

This is when diablo was last seen on the xbox, but was seen 4 hours ago on the website.

oh noes!!! who else am i gonna follow when i get lost!! but that an old xboxs it has done you well, have you tried the towel trick?

on a good note tho. i know somebody from another forum whose xbox died and he sent it off and got a replacement within two weeks. so there is hope

lol that coincidentally is another of my clans for another game lol

i guess 29/11

anyway

yes c'est la vie

and hope u get on fine without it

Uhh it's back !!! Wooohoooo. Gotta admit that is phenomenal turnaround on Microsoft's part, plus it looks like it's my system rather than a refurb as the serial numbers the same and the front cover is missing the USB door. The date of manufacturer has changed though but only by one day. Not tested it yet will do that later kudos to Microsoft for the quick fix.

Also they have replaced the Motherboard and it looks like it's been given a good clean also. Will see about grabbing PGR4 today but no promises.