We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tonights Fifth Gear

Eudemon

Anyone but me actually really enjoy tonight's fifth gear, the production and banter was much better probably due to their being less of it plus they got rid of that old git and that smarmy arse who used to be in the Cafe with Vicki.

The highlight was obviously Tiff and Jason in the Z4 and 350Z but I also enjoyed the Smart For Fun 2 as they really pointed out it's lack of speed and the Mini Clubman review was full of clever angles and camerawork. The usual bore sections were there too but even though I still rate Top Gear the best, Fifth Gear has become very enjoyable to watch now also.

Top Gear is good but it's obviously scripted, I mean they have been to that road before!! They know all about it, and it's obvious that one of them would have the crap ripped outta them. Top Gear is all about entertainment and that's brilliant, I love it, but Fifth Gear is about the cars, I mean sure the Mini, Smart and crane dropping was just about bareable but it was informative which is handy if you're looking into buying a car.

Top Gear is still the best yes I agree wholeheartedly to that, but watching Tiff and Jason battle it out so close to each other and hearing them talking about "flat-shifting" and also about how they knew and respected what each were doing on the track, just made me smile. Tbh it's mainly the Tiff and Jason sections that are most watchable for me.

I watch fifth gear every time it's on mainly because it's a programme about cars. What is there not to like, I mean I know it's no Top Gear but it's got Tiff in it and cars. :D

But last year was very bad with that person that Knew more about hair dryers than cars I'm sure. I'm glad they got rid of him it was funny to watch for all the wrong reasons. :D

The other parts that are bad are when they copy Top Gear most of the stunts are copied but using a different car.

But there is just enough new stuff to make me watch it.

I don't like Fifth Gear for a number of reasons.

They blatantly copied Top Gear on a number of items ... track, etc

I can't stand Plato ... sorry no logical explanation, Tiff and Tom are OK though

I absolutely hate the Crash Tests they do ... yes great television ... but the message they often put across isn't entirely correct or often way too generalised to really give good advice to the gereral public

I know Top Gear has now morphed into an Entertainment show rather than a car review show ... but it's great TV ... I don't think a show like the old Top gear would survive these days

They blatantly copied Top Gear on a number of items ... track, etc

I thought when TG ended they all moved to Channel five and started 5th gear, so it was basically the same show but with a different name. Then TG came back with Clarkson and Hammond and that fat guy that spoke about cheap car deals before they axed him and got May in.

i've never really watch 5th gear that much so I don't know if they changed stuff to copy the New TG or not.

I thought when TG ended they all moved to Channel five and started 5th gear, so it was basically the same show but with a different name. Then TG came back with Clarkson and Hammond and that fat guy that spoke about cheap car deals before they axed him and got May in.

i've never really watch 5th gear that much so I don't know if they changed stuff to copy the New TG or not.

You're correct there ... Fifth Gear was created from the production team of the old Top Gear when the Beeb gave up on it (well that's what I remember hearing)

I didn't mind the original Fifth Gear ... it filled a gap (so to speak) at the time

My complaint about Fifth Gear copying is more about recent history when they had a 'studio' and a lap times board (where they had to 'try' and go one better and have it on a computer) ... that's fundamentally where/when Fifth Gear lost me