We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The_Mole Started a Debate on Car Parks for PC!!! (from 8 words)

Iced_Bullet

A Thread on official Atari Forums called 'Sad Car Pack News' (http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=74079) started y'day.

Original Poster:

i know this is not a official statement from atari..but i was talking to a reporter of norways biggest news papper..about the carpacks he could tell me that they have dropped the carpacks becuse of bad selling for pc and bad economy for you here that understand norwegian..

here's what he said "Jeg tror årsaken til at disse carpackene ble droppet er at spillet solgte veldig dårlig på PC, og Atari har i dag også økonomiske problemer fordi de ikke klarer å selge nok spill." but as i said its not official.. :salut2:

The_Mole (Admin & Corporate Mole):

I'm delighted to report those rumours as incorrect.

Now make of this what you want, I am definately not getting my hopes up, but yeah, from what he/she's said, there still maybe hope.

dropped the carpacks becuse of bad selling for pc

What the fudge. What a crap excuse, so basically they got at least 3000 + people to buy TDU and then tell them that their will be Car Packs and then after a while tell us there aren't, bunch of nobs. ( my statement if it is true, if not then lets wait and see )

• 2 weeks later...

it means one thing only the mole wants to make it clear the rumours that the information was not given to any newspaper therefore the original posters claims are incorrect.

the mole will always talk official waffle, like a prime minister. you have to read between the lines. if tony blair promised you a better NHS system would you believe it after a 1year term in office already ?

3000 + people to buy TDU and then tell them that their will be Car Packs and then after a while tell us there aren't, bunch of nobs.

Atari never promised dlc for pc users at any point, pc users assumed that they wud get it as xbox360 users got it, its been a year now and still none (my adivce forget about it) at least your not the only one who fell for it :) after all atari wont stop you from thinking it, if thats what you want to think as it helps sell more copies...

but sell them on your misguided facts than their promise . . .

many reasons for it - im not saying they never ever planned for dlc, but after 1 year i dont believe they was meant to be...

as for the button, they just didnt remove it, you could ask the same question why did they remove the F40, etc from the trade function with the patch - why not just leave it there ?

who knows how the mind works

I'd like to point you (as i have done many people) in the direction of the page 'Game Info' on the Official TDU PC website. It clearly states car packs will come.

'...with vehicle packs featuring six or more cars or bikes available for download periodically after launch.'

Me thinks that is promising car packs, hmm?

I'd like to point you (as i have done many people) in the direction of the page 'Game Info' on the Official TDU PC website. It clearly states car packs will come.

'...with vehicle packs featuring six or more cars or bikes available for download periodically after launch.'

Me thinks that is promising car packs, hmm?

None packs have been released yet. And periodically releasing a pack means we get 5 packs in 5 years, GREAT!:rolleyes::p

It does say that yes, you could try get them for false advertising - personally dont recommend it. Firstly very expensive :eek: and then you wont win the case anyway based on my next comment.

The people behind the website did a copy and paste job more than likely.

the entire object on that site is a flash obect, and so its built for all versions of TDU and using flash means its both interactive and covers all platforms by using the same pages/information.

it is misguiding of course, but also very easy to overlook, and on top of this it doesnt state which platform it refers too, nor does it even confirm it to one platform.

None packs have been released yet. And periodically releasing a pack means we get 5 packs in 5 years, GREAT!:rolleyes::p

its nearly 2008, and unless you get a download package in the next few weeks, this is also untrue :(

As I've said before it is the distribution that is the taxing part but also I believe that with Xbox 360 Marketplace content you cannot give the same content away for free that you have for premium elsewhere though apparently there is a timed limit on this though so who knows what will happen.

Maybe for the PC's anniversary release they will release a car CD with all of the cars that the 360 has had or will have.

As I've said before it is the distribution that is the taxing part but also I believe that with Xbox 360 Marketplace content you cannot give the same content away for free that you have for premium elsewhere though apparently there is a timed limit on this though so who knows what will happen.

Maybe for the PC's anniversary release they will release a car CD with all of the cars that the 360 has had or will have.

I been running this thing around in my head and came up with these...

1) the xbox software and all console software is made first on personal computers, so if a program can be written for xbox marketplace surely a pc version is possible. The problem is microsofts xbox runs on a closed network.

After all you can get playstations and the likes chipped, etc. you can even copy old sega mega drive games with the right hardware, etc.

2) If tdu stored profiles online instead of offline - then that could help keep track of who paid for the dlc and therefore only release the code for them cars in they profiles (possible ??? i dont know !!!) but worth a thought.

3) a raging bull will always lose control whilst a prancing horse remains on all fours

:excited:FERRARI :excited:

• 3 weeks later...