We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PotW: Week 8 Entry

Speed

OK, so the theme this week is to include at least 1 car and 1 bike in your photo, and it must look like they're racing. This was chosen by last weeks winner ///AMGedUP, so enjoy :)

Oh and Good Luck :)

Entrants:

1. ShadowGT

2. RB26DETT

3. HSVxSEXY_TIME?

DQ: Baltoman (The image must be your own!(Unless you can find some weird proof that you work for that website))

Btw, my normal rules apply, 800x600 maximum size, unnoticable photoshopping is fine, but if someone picks up on it, and I agree, then sorry but you must withdraw the photo in question :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RB26DETT

WOW! Thanks randy! I'm sure that isn't against the rules because he just took out the chat messages for me. Speed, your thoughts?

My view would be you can use Photoshop only to remove text, no brightening or the like and you must post the original to show what has been changed. It's easy to tell what has been colour corrected, shadow and highlight or hue changed so don't try it !

It's upto the previous week's winner though or the person who created this in the first place.

WOW! Thanks randy! I'm sure that isn't against the rules because he just took out the chat messages for me. Speed, your thoughts?

Thing is, would it be noticable if you didn't know the chat was there in the first place? So it's obviously legal, 'cause my Photoshopping is so brilliant ;) :rolleyes:

Yes, I've made my view on this clear before Lol (See PotW Week 5 Entry if you want) and yes it's fine, I was actually going to offer to edit it myself but I see someones already done it :D That's why I use the "unnoticable photoshopping rule" in my rules in the first post, as clearly it doesn't matter if you can't see that it's been changed :)

My view would be you can use Photoshop only to remove text, no brightening or the like and you must post the original to show what has been changed. It's easy to tell what has been colour corrected, shadow and highlight or hue changed so don't try it !

It's upto the previous week's winner though or the person who created this in the first place.

That's because it is, it's a PS3 picture and I have the evidence. Just hover over Baltoman's picture, and it displays a name. simply google images this, and viola, here's the original.

http://www.ps2vicio.com/imagenes1/PS3/Test_Drive/13451TDU_PACK_HIGH_BIKES_43.jpg

actual page it's on - http://www.ps2vicio.com/playstation-2/galeria-imagenes-ps2-Test_Drive_Unlimited-247.html

Could I be the next Sherlock Holmes?

Diablo, trust your gut mate!

Punishment? for lieing to a Moderator's ... oh sorry ;) ... Administrator's face?

Just for reference:

hope u guys like it

attachment:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2353&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1198456940

Was that taken by a camera on the PS2?

BTW I think Baltoman's shot is a pre-release promo screenshot, not one he's done himself. I could be wrong though and if so I apologise !

Don't worry its's no promo screenshot, took a photo in photomode and print screened it... was playing in my other offline account on my friends PC ;)

That's because it is, it's a PS3 picture and I have the evidence. Just hover over Baltoman's picture, and it displays a name. simply google images this, and viola, here's the original.

http://www.ps2vicio.com/imagenes1/PS3/Test_Drive/13451TDU_PACK_HIGH_BIKES_43.jpg

actual page it's on - http://www.ps2vicio.com/playstation-2/galeria-imagenes-ps2-Test_Drive_Unlimited-247.html

Could I be the next Sherlock Holmes?

Diablo, trust your gut mate!

Punishment? for lieing to a Moderator's ... oh sorry ;) ... Administrator's face?

Balto that's copyright you know, taking something as your own which actually belongs to TDU. Just so you don't edit your post.

Don't worry its's no promo screenshot, took a photo in photomode and print screened it... was playing in my other offline account on my friends PC ;)

Alright let's not get moblike now, I knew that pic seemed really familiar (hell I've probably looked at them all about 10x) and when the question was raised Balto by myself you replied saying it was actually yours whereas it clearly isn't and it's unfortunate to be caught out this way.

BUT and it's a big rounded curvy plum like but you made a mistake and if you admit to it then fair enough you have stepped up and said sorry but please remember this is a TDU community, images of TDU have been burned into people's brains and the internet is infinite yeah but usually to find images of a game is very easy as is cars, girls and of course spaghetti.

So I think it's safe to say you're disqualified from this week but imo seeing as it's your first offence I wouldn't ban you completely from future competitions and I don't see any real reason to punish you by suspension or banning but just know that it's a new year next week and please, start the way you mean to go on.

Alright let's not get moblike now, I knew that pic seemed really familiar (hell I've probably looked at them all about 10x) and when the question was raised Balto by myself you replied saying it was actually yours whereas it clearly isn't and it's unfortunate to be caught out this way.

BUT and it's a big rounded curvy plum like but you made a mistake and if you admit to it then fair enough you have stepped up and said sorry but please remember this is a TDU community, images of TDU have been burned into people's brains and the internet is infinite yeah but usually to find images of a game is very easy as is cars, girls and of course spaghetti.

So I think it's safe to say you're disqualified from this week but imo seeing as it's your first offence I wouldn't ban you completely from future competitions and I don't see any real reason to punish you by suspension or banning but just know that it's a new year next week and please, start the way you mean to go on.

You could at least Nugget him, since Super Ant has been NOTW for quite some time now. :)

So I think it's safe to say you're disqualified from this week but imo seeing as it's your first offence I wouldn't ban you completely from future competitions.

What he said ^^ :D

Just don't try it again Ok, I think it's safe to say quite a few of us did recognise your photo, even if it was only Iced who could be bothered to investigate. Now though, if anyone thinks they might have seen an entry from you (or indeed anyone else) before, they're definately going to look into it! So make sure you don't cheat and we can waste someone's time searching through every TDU photo ever, Lmao.