We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently!

The Queen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the geneva auto show :D:D:D:D:D

Gumpert, Lamborghini 670-4, 560-4 coupe and cabriolet, Bugatti Grand Sport, X-Bow, Ferrari 16m, california, 599, scuderia, Maserati Quattroporte GT S, Granturismo, Granturismo S, Audi R8 V10, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, One-77, DBS Volante, DBS, Jaguar XFR, XKR, Pagani Zonda R, Cinque (OMG :eek:), Koenigsegg CCX, concpet, GT by Citroen, BMW GT X5 concept, Nissan GTR, Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss (OMG :eek:), SL63, CL, new E, VW scirroco, Corvette ZR1, Z06, C6 convertible, some Humvees, F1s, some "normal" cars, and much much more :D:D:D:D:D

Went to the geneva auto show :D:D:D:D:D

Gumpert, Lamborghini 670-4, 560-4 coupe and cabriolet, Bugatti Grand Sport, X-Bow, Ferrari 16m, california, 599, scuderia, Maserati Quattroporte GT S, Granturismo, Granturismo S, Audi R8 V10, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, One-77, DBS Volante, DBS, Jaguar XFR, XKR, Pagani Zonda R, Cinque (OMG :eek:), Koenigsegg CCX, concpet, GT by Citroen, BMW GT X5 concept, Nissan GTR, Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss (OMG :eek:), SL63, CL, new E, VW scirroco, Corvette ZR1, Z06, C6 convertible, some Humvees, F1s, some "normal" cars, and much much more :D:D:D:D:D

Wow, what a surprise you saw these cars on a auto show!:eek:

I'm going to a Cars and Coffee event in Florida so i'll get pics and post them here!

Cool! :)

Trust me, the cars' owner moved in next to my uncle in 1974 (bringing the cars with him, and building a garage for them) and my uncle has seen them up close many times, and coming in and out of the garage on a regular basis ever since.

He (The cars' owner) apparently got them when HIS father (a very rich man) died, and was left them (along with a fair sum of money) in the inheritance.

I'd hate to think what those are worth now, lol. :D

Have you got any reason to know they are real, some of the replicas are very good and if you did have enogth money to own and run 3 gt40's you would be living a very exclusive location.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/HPOM/IMG_2000.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/HPOM/IMG_1996.jpg

A pic I got of a few of the replicas at a local car show.

From what I've been told (by both my uncle and the owner) all 3 are real. I suppose that's all I have to go on, as I haven't seen the original owners' manuals, and, overall, have spent very little time around them.

However, the earliest company of note to make a GT40 replica only started doing so in 1976.

Also, why do you have to live outside of immediate civilization to have a nice car? :confused:

Guest RB26DETT

Went to the mall this afternoon and there were Jaguar X, XJ, XKR and XF on display. I do like the rear of the XF, looks like an Aston but the front reminds me of a Buick. O.o

The XKR was pure sex on wheels. It's so pretty.

Just been out for a drive and I saw a number of nice cars.

- Noble M12 GTO *Not sure the exact specific model. i.e GTO-3R* (Passing on other side of dual carriageway)

- Chevrolet Corvette C5 (Now sure if it was a normal or Z06 model)

- Jaguar XKR (New one with the reg 'ACT 7T'

- Jaguar XKR (Passing other side of dual carriageway)

- Audi RS4 B7 Estate

- BMW M5 E60

- Vauxhall VX220 X2

- Standard *Classic car* (Not sure on exact Model)

- Ford Anglia *Classic car*

- Volkswagen Scirocco (First sighting of the new model! :D)

- Audi S3 (Newer model)

- BMW M3 E46

- Jaguar XF

- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

Not bad for a random Saturday afternoon. :p

Just been out for a drive and I saw a number of nice cars.

Chevrolet Corvette C5 (Now sure if it was a normal or Z06 model)

I'll tell you how.

If you are looking at a C5 Corvette, you can tell from the back-end whether or not it is a Z06. If the rear window has a sharp drop-off to the car, leaving the opening to the truck on the outside of the car, then it is a Z06. If the rear window extends almost to the rear of the vehicle, then it is a regular coupe.

Hope that helps ;)