We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently!

The Queen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Subway, got my order and walked out.. The guy had just pulled in and I OMG'd. Exotic cars are few and far between here.. :sulk:

;406844']Whoa! Did it show up outside of wherever you were, or did you pull off the road to get it? :)

-Leadfoot

Saw quite a few things today:

The new Taurus SHO

60's Mustang

Dodge Charger SRT-8

Pontiac G8 GT

Porsche 911 997

2011 Dodge Chargers

2011 BMW 5-Series

Aston Martin V8 Vantage, which my friend thought was a Chrysler. How the hell he did that idk :confused:

Much to my surprise, the new 5-series looks really small. At first I thought it was a 3-series, it isn't much larger than one.

Much to my surprise, the new 5-series looks really small. At first I thought it was a 3-series, it isn't much larger than one.

Are you kidding? The new 5 series looks almost as big as the 7 series. It definitely has grown quite a bit. :eek:

The shot with 458 and WRX shot is nice.5 series isn't small,or ugly,it's just wierd,it's like it doesn't have personality,like BMW wanted it to be both sporty and elegant,and today,that kind of approach doesn't work,look at new CLS.Plus,it almost alwayscomes with small rims,which make the whole thing even worse.

Wha? The new 5 series looks huge, the M Sport versions do anyway. I quite like them.

- Aston DBS

- Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe

- New Mclaren Garage opening nearby :D Opening next month I think, Can't wait to see the MP4-12C in there!

The shot with 458 and WRX shot is nice.5 series isn't small,or ugly,it's just wierd,it's like it doesn't have personality,like BMW wanted it to be both sporty and elegant,and today,that kind of approach doesn't work,look at new CLS.Plus,it almost alwayscomes with small rims,which make the whole thing even worse.

Small rims are due to better ride. Why would you want 20s on your 5 series (thats not an M5) ? That's just stupid.

Small rims are due to better ride. Why would you want 20s on your 5 series (thats not an M5) ? That's just stupid.

Small rims just makes a car look cheap. Larger rims tend to give cars a more premium look (that's not to say 26" fat chrome lipped rims give a car a premium look, but I'm sure you get what I mean ;)) Case in point:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Why do you want your BMW to look like it costs less than a Ford? That's just stupid. :cheeky:

As for the small 5-series, maybe it just looked small because I was in a 300? :p

I saw an SLR, a 430, an R8 V8 aswell, and couple of Imprezas WRX STi.

Nothing really special compared to some of these here, I don't have such luck to feed my eyes with a Carrera GT or a 458 Italia, as I live in a small city (in which people don't care for cars). :(