We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1: Australian Grand Prix

Iced_Bullet

This thread will contain Race spoilers after 6am tomorrow morning GMT.

And Qualifying Spoilers now:

Just a thread for us to talk about the Grand Prix (if anything interesting happens)

Who do you think will win the race / season?

=============

==================

================

Hamilton is on Pole!!!!!!! wooohoooo. I see he hasn't lost his touch over the break! :)

Ok first of all I watched it live and obviously wasted my time :mad:.

Kimi just slowed down, I had a bet on Kimi getting the pole and the race win looks like I am £5 down now !!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though if any 'wonder kid' fanboy thinks he would have been on pole if Kubica didn't have that 'slip' then you are stupid, that lap was by far the pole lap , so thinking Hamilton is all good because he gained pole ain't big or clever !!!! What if Kimi didn't have the brake malfunction and made it into the top 10 shootout ??? I bet he would have got pole.

Kimi & Kubica are gonna rip 'wonder kid' & Kovi into place this season :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well doesn't look like they will start anytime soon nige :p Hamilton was the only "top gun" who finished, with only 8 people finishing. Kovelinon (w/e) was unlucky with pit timing, and would have finished 2nd if it was for the Safety Car (gving MmcLaren 1 + 2).

lol at Kimi endless stupid mistakes though! I think he wants the Championship too bad, so he was pushing too far ... :(

And yes, I was sad enough to wake up at 4am to watch it :p

WOOT!!! YEAH!!!! HAMILTON WINS ONE OF THE MOST EVENTFUL F1 RACES IN A LONG TIME!!!

Great race, great start to the season, and only 7 cars finish the race... Timo Glock's crash was really spectacular

Many unlucky people here as well... Sebastian Bourdais' and Kimi Raikkonen's cars giving up just 3 and 5 laps to the end respectively... And David Coulthard and Robert Kubica in really unlucky accidents caused by Massa and Nakajima respectively

I thought it was actually rather boring :( As the crahes were spread out and didn't all happen in a massive crash. OK, Coulthards car was smashed up badly, also, Glock's was big aswell, but it just didn't seem to excite me. Maybe it was me being half asleep right up until the last few laps.

Oh yeah, and the pit incedences, so maybe it was more eventful than I thought :p

Just finished watching it ... Go Lewis ...

Ok time for some comments ... Yes Nige I'll agree with you Kubica could have got pole position if he hadn't gone wide, but he did and it's racing. As to Kimi it was actually a shame that he had the car problems in Quali

And so to the race ... Lewis had a perfect race ... can't fault him or McLaren (Nige I'm a McLaren fan boy and not specifically a Lewis fan boy ... although having a British Driver in the team is much better ... Oh I used to be a Williams fan boy in the era of Nige and Damon ... although I was always a great fan of Senna)

It was a shame for Kova ... bad luck with the safety car

Webber just seems to have no luck in Australia does he!!!!

Kimi showed that perhaps the cool Finn isn't cool under serious pressure

Out of all the drivers I felt really sorry for Kubica ... such a great weekend with him for Quali and doing so well in the race ... looks like BMW could be a team to watch

And my final comment ... I loved the comment Coulthard gave after his incident!

Here's looking forward to next weekend ... I might watch that one live.

ROFL @ Hybrid

Lets just say coulthard was not happy, and called massa an illegitamate :p and some other words that he is going to probably get disciplined for!

I watched, I thought it was an interesting watch due to the fact that everyone was finding it quite difficult to control their cars

@ Nige, Hamilton deserved to win as he didnt make any mistakes and was able to control his car, saying that it was luck that kimi didnt come first is absurd!, two big mistakes, hamilton drove well and IMO He deserved to win, the opposition didnt have good luck, and things would have obviously been differant is traction control was in place

That was one of the best F1 races i have seen in years, they all became so dependent on traction control because they just let the car do most of the work but now they have to fight the car and a rewarded if they are skilled and make few mistakes and are punished if they race without all the elctronics by being put into a wall.

what did he say?

He said something along the lines of that if Massa didn't take responsiblity for the accident he wanted to kick 3 colours of .... out of the little ... (obviously not mentioning the words here as it must be on the banned list for the site) ... if you really want to know f1-live.com has the quote!

But back to the important stuff ... the lack of traction control was good ... I loved the slide Lewis did in Quali ... haven't seen an F1 car slide like that in years ... reminds me of the good olde days

Oh another thing about the ferraris ... looks like they might have to check the life of the engines ... especially with the Torro Rosso loosing the engine too

YEAH!!! Go Hamilton. Won all the way and had a great car.

Alonso did well yet you could see that his car was not fast enough. If Kova did not hit that pit speed limiter he would have not been passed.

Ferrari did really bad dispite Kimi's blast at the start of the race.

The BMW's did excellent in qualifying. And they will do good all season.

William will atleast finish the Champion ship in points.

Kimi showed that perhaps the cool Finn isn't cool under serious pressure

Don't judge Kimi on one race :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that was crap wasn't it ????????????????????????

Kimi - 0 points

Kubica - 0 points

Ferrari - 0 points

I'm not impressed at all with Ferrari first the qualifying now this :mad: !?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Another thing I don't like is the fact that most of the drivers had some sought of bad luck but surprise, surprise 'wonder kid' gets none :mad:.

Waste of my time, once the raced finish I come upstairs because frankly I don't wanna hear all the 'wonder kid' talk of him being 'great, magnificent, superb, greatest human to ever live/walk on this earth etc, etc.

I am now gotta watch some NHL Hockey atleast american hockey coverage isn't so blatently biased towards an American player, ITV should take note !!!!

P.S. DON'T JUDGE THIS SEASON ON THIS RACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nige there is something wrong with you, every country has it's national pride in it's sportsmen, and you live in the UK and thus you hear about Hamilton, Coulthard and Button. Hell you go on like all we heard about was Lewis when if you did actually watch it the TV cameras were hardly on him, they were actually watching the action that was happening behind him as he was so far ahead.

And I was happy to see the cars having to be controlled rather than just floored and steered, it made the racing more exciting and as for the events during the race they were great and as for Kimi tough break for him, but it was his fault he spun out, noone elses, that's what no traction control does to a car.

So please stop being a moany little sod and start watching the sport for the fun of it and stop being such a glory hunter always looking to support only one and disregard the rest. It's pathetic!

And Hybrid was merely saying that Kimi and Finns (Finnish people) are usually looked at as Calm and collected and not easily flustered, he wasn't belittling Kimi. It's like what the Ferrari zealots said when Hamilton beached his car in the rain at the pits. Always seems to be fine to talk crap about the ones they don't support eh?

Well said diablo, to be quite honest i'm sick of the way you go on nige, kimi didn't win, he made a mistake, lewis did win and made no mistake.

Where's the problem. I support lewis because he is British and to see a British sports person do well makes a change and for that reason he gets my full support.

As for ITV you obviously hate them as well, of course there will be a little bit more coverage on lewis but they still covered the rest of the race.

What sort of country would we be if we did not support our own sportsmen? And to comment on the way your post's have been today in this thread. All i can say is nige grow up your 19 not 9.

Jeez. There's no pleasing some people. I was suprised at Sebastian Bourdais in quali but it seems he made up for it in the race. That is skill from a 3 time Champ Car Champ. :D

Nige, read the Hamilton story and you'/ll find out why so many people like him..

Well said diablo, to be quite honest i'm sick of the way you go on nige, kimi didn't win, he made a mistake, lewis did win and made no mistake.

Where's the problem. I support lewis because he is British and to see a British sports person do well makes a change and for that reason he gets my full support.

As for ITV you obviously hate them as well, of course there will be a little bit more coverage on lewis but they still covered the rest of the race.

What sort of country would we be if we did not support our own sportsmen? And to comment on the way your post's have been today in this thread. All i can say is nige grow up your 19 not 9.

First of all I'm stating facts !!!

Lewis or 'wonder kid' has I like to call him does get loads of attention on ITV much more than Button, Coulthard & Davidson ever do and nobody can deny that !

Secondly I don't like the way they go on about Lewis being 'magnificent' and 'great', yeah I agree he is good but come on always going on about him has if he his the greatest f1 driver/person to ever live is too far imo.

Thirdly you guys obviously support the Brit, fairplay I accept that but I go on a driver's talent not his nationally hence why I support Finnish & Polish drivers because I believe they are much better than any of the other drivers on the grid today.

Fourthly I get into my sports tooo much :o and F1 is no exception so I always seem to have a view be it good or bad on the situation.

Finally Kimi was pressured into making mistakes, it obviously got too him after all if you won the title last year and was half way down the field wouldn't you feel pressured knowing you are the world champion and everyone expecting you to get on the top step of the podium ??????????????

I know I would, and I am guessing that every other driver (even Lewis!) would feel pressured and make mistakes, at the end of the day Lewis had the easier job, his main rival Kimi wasn't in the top 10 shootout, Kubica would have been pole if it wasn't for that little mistake he did and all Lewis had to do was drive fast and consistently knowing that his main rival had a slim chance of catching up.

I have said my peace !!!

You try being nearly winning the F1 Championship in your first ever year of F1.

Seriously find out about Lewis because I had the same opinion until I found out. You will respect him if anything.

And knowing you, you would want Chevvie F1 cars around.