We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 returns to the BBC - YAY!

YeOldeTDUMan

Some great news for UK F1 Fans ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7306123.stm

No more adverts ... no more missing the racing ... or the end of the race like one year

Lets just hope they bring back the Fleetwood mac guitar rift too :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

The only thing I'd like to remain from the ITV show is Martin Brundle

Oh man thank you very much !! I hate ITV's coverage, there's so many damn adverts that you lose interest in the race and start to wander to other channels or things. I do hope they get a decent commentator though, that exciteable guy from Robot Wars/five would be ideal, he would bring a sense of excitement to watching the race.

Also get rid of the muppet who walks around the paddock and grid at the start of the race, he's a pompous git imo.

YAY, no more adverts!!!

Theres no negative to this is there!

Exactly ... should be good coverage ... no adverts ... also sounds like it'll be on BBC TV, BBC Radio (I'm guessing Five Live) and Streamed over the web (I'm guessing via iplayer) all at the same time

I hope the TV is on BBCHD :excited:

Also get rid of the muppet who walks around the paddock and grid at the start of the race, he's a pompous git imo.
He lives near me and has a garage near me :D I don't mind F1 on ITV, I have never known in on IT/v, so I can't really comment, but I do know that no more adverts can be good :D

and I agree Hybrid with the commentator from robot wars -

Do you mean?

Craig Chalres

craig_charles.jpg

or

Jonathon Pearce

_1911008_j_pearce300.jpg

There are 5 lots of adverts during the race there should be no more. I always find myself counting them so I can send them my pre-typed letter of complaint if there are more than 5. This is how much I hate the ads, just as someone is going to overtake lets go to the ads. :rolleyes:

Best news of the day. :)

No itv still have 3 years/seasons on there contract

Iced it wont be Craig Charles as he is on Corrie now as a cabbie

No Nodz ... the Beeb have it from the 2009 season ... sounds like Bernie had a get-out clause with his current contract with ITV

I hope the main presenter is either one of the existing Good BBC sport presenters ... or someone who is known to be into F1

swiping Brundle from ITV wouldn't be a bad idea

GOOD NEWS :D.

No more ads :D YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also get the feeling that pretty much all of the ITV crew will jump over to BBC. I'll be happy if James Allen doesn't he annoys me (that guy loves Lewis tooo much :oook:!)

No :( I really like Hammond, but if he commentated F1 I think it would spoil it abit imo. As much as he's funny, just my inital impressions of him commentating aren't great :( I think he'd either try and be funny, which I don't think would suit the race, or if he was serious, it wouldn't seem right for his character ...

Just my 2 cent.

I've also read about Hammond coming in as he is a big F1 nut so as long as he didn't try to be funny which I doubt he will as that isn't the nature of the show then it'll be fine.

As for Murray Walker they asked him on Radio 1 Newsbeat about coming out of retirement and he said he would think about it. I could see him doing it for the od race here and there but even saying that he's in his 80's now isn't he?? 83 rings a bell so if he's 83 now and the beeb don't get it til 2010/11 then he will be 85/86 so its hard to plan anything for people that age.