We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My new G25 is here

The Queen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought mine off pixmiana and they said it was in stock then they decide that it wasnt so now i have to wait for 2 weeks for amazon to even dispatch it. :mad::headbang::headbang:

Mod edit: Please watch your language.

Yeah kinda like me with my Posche wheel now

ordered it end of February, page said delivery end of March, now when I was all excited about it soon coming, last (!) March, we get an e-mail saying it has been delayed and production hasn't even started yet! :headbang: But they also say they have fixed 40 things with it, so it better be good when it get here :p

Ah. Well it's good. Quite difficult to get the hang of at first. I always use the clutch when in a car which uses the H-Shifter, feels more realistic. It also gives you an idea what a real car is like to drive. I also have Maximum force feedback for Maximum realism :D

Guest ShiZzl3
I also have Maximum force feedback for Maximum realism :D

Thats not entirely true. play around with settings a bit more, if you have ever drove a real car you would know what it feels like ;)

Thats not entirely true. play around with settings a bit more, if you have ever drove a real car you would know what it feels like ;)

Yeah true, full feedback isn't always the most realistic. Playing around with the setting always optimizes the feel and the virtual vs reality.

Guest ShiZzl3
Yeah, haven't really driven a car before so I guess i'm a newbie to this. Will try different settings ;)

In most cases if you loose control and spin out the wheel will spin in all directions if its not held down (still will but not as extreme), i know from drifting, done a bit over last year.

And the fact i lost it in my car going threw round about too fast in wet. *Ooops* :p

You need a balance, where u can steer with your pointer finger however doing so it hard. and with hands it feels smooth and easy, 100% force feedback and spring (assuming u had that on max too is too hard and rough IMO)

Good luck setting it up, if u want a hand ill let u know what settings i use, but its all personal preference

i play toca3 with my wheel alot, its one of my fav apart form gtr2 and test drive :D

Anyone know what linerty (or w/e) in the options menu in TDU does? i am yet to work it out, cant find function anywhere.

Shizzle

Yeah, haven't really driven a car before so I guess i'm a newbie to this. Will try different settings ;)

I would give you the settings I used to drive with the G25, but I lost my profile :mad:

It's best to turn the force feedback down on TDU ;) since 2 motors is very strong on that wheel, and it is impossible to try and drift with it lol + Make the degree rotation of the wheel 200, not 900 :D I could use 900 degrees doesn't work properly in TDU.

Have you taken any pictures?

I have tests to see the difference between PS2 racing games and PC. When I had TDU the motors were pretty strong even on low settings, yet when I played a sim such as GTR2 and LFS S2 at low levels of feedback the wheel was still responsive as before. On PS2 the feedback cannot be altered like in Carbon or GT4 so the wheel never changes except if you want force on or off. The experience depends on the game and its physics.

How do you have that set up?

I'm considering getting this but I'm not really sure how or where I should put it...

I'd contemplated building some sort of semi-mobile desk type thing that would put the wheel and pedals at an optimum position, but obviously the G25 has a separate shifter module and I'm not familiar with what kind of attachment device it uses as a way to position it on your left/right side...

Guest ShiZzl3
I'm not familiar with what kind of attachment device it uses as a way to position it on your left/right side...

its screws onto a ledge/ edge of table etc.. its got brackets under it for a ledge

Guest ShiZzl3
And threaded holes for bolts if you want to attach it to something sturdier !

i think the word would be permanently rather then sturdier:p

• 3 months later...