We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Saleen S7 ... Any Good? What do you think?

jbenekeorr

The S7 is a fantastic car! It doesn't look very good in my opinion but in every other respect it's brilliant. For those people who say it doesn't handle and it won't go round corners all I can say is PRACTICE! It's the fastest car on every track except for the very long straight tracks (i.e. Speedo Maxout), it's handling is brilliant but it does take ALOT of practice to get the best from it, but when you do it's unbeatable.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh... The F1 did it all before, and without two turbos. It's good because you can actually buy 1000bhp "Competition" versions of it, so the tuning is bang on, which in TDU can't be said of the McLaren F1: I doubt if anybody has ever got more than 700bhp or so out of its NA BMW V12, nevermind 850!! :eek:

Looks: Seems very functional, if a bit too A-MEH-rican, if you understand.

Speed: Faster than some, but not all.

Acceleration: Fast like greased lard in a lift shaft!

Handling: It lacks any kind of lateral grip.

Price: Fairly priced for what it is. You can win all A-class races in it.

EDIT: Okay, I read some of SaLLeeN's posts and became inspired. Here is a similar form of the aforesaid in a form of, er, "alternative" English ;)

Before the S7, a formidible force devoted to light weight and fast distances on and off the racing circuit was the McLaren F1. Yet, the great record for fastest prodution automobile set by F1 was somewhat void: the car used was not as could be purchased. Pre-transmission revolutions were beyond ordinary levels. The F1 differs from the S7TT in the method of atomospheric feeding to the combustion unit: the F1 utilises the pistons' natural thirst for air, though the Saleen is equipped with exhaust-propelled induction forcers.

try not to bring up threads that are more than a few months old.

I don't understand this rule on forums. Is finding new things to say in an old thread really as bad as making a new thread about the same thing?

• 4 months later...

Speed - 9/10 (Top Speed 273MPH Stage 3)

I only assume you mean when slip streaming...

anyway

Looks - 9/10 - love the front end, looks mean imho but not the back end and i hate the positioning of the reverse lights, makes it look like it has buck teeth

Speed - 9/10 - lightning!

Acceleration - 10/10 - makes it reach top speed very very easily

Pricing - 4/10 - for $770,000 you can get it to stage 3 and to do 249MPH not slip streaming but for $750,000 you can buy a cadillac cien which does 248MPH but unfortunately has a non working digital rev meter.

Handling - 7/10 - Brilliant for drifting, i can get it round corners fairly quickly but i find that in a straight line doing 220, hit a bump and your going sideways into a tree or another car

Overall - 7.6 i love its looks and speed, just that you can get cars to do the same speeds at lower prices and the handling isnt the best

Time for me to re-make my scores about this...

Looks: 6,5 Not the prettiest car, but looks pretty good anyway. ;)

Top Speed: 9 Only Koenigsegg and McLaren can beat it.

Acceleration: 10 "Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on" :D

Price: 7,5 Fairly priced cinsidering you can easily win all the A class challenges in it.

Handling: 6 You gotta learn how to control it. Once you do, it's really quick around the corners aswell.

Average of 7,8 then. :cheeky:

• 3 weeks later...
The Saleen S7 is the best car on the game and the best handleing when practiced enough. In real life however, cars like the Enzo and MC12 would wipe the floor with the S7 lol

Eden really messed up the MC12's stats, A Murcielago can beat it...

Anyways, who even plays with the CLK-GTR? Its a really bad car which slides a lot when it reaches about 218MPH(352KM/H) and slides a lot normally, and its top speed is only 200MPH at level 0, so a lot of Class A, B and some C(575M, T440) can outrun it.

• 4 weeks later...