We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

XBL: Maintenance 21/4/08 & Mandatory Update 18/4/08

Nodz86

Xbox LIVE Scheduled Maintenance

On Monday April 21st from 0200-1000 PT Xbox Live will be offline for maintenance. As a result, the ‘My Xbox’ section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you won’t be able to post.) The remainder of Xbox.com will be available.

Find out what time the maintenance will begin in your time zone

This is for maintenance, there are no new features on your that will appear on your Xbox 360 console or Xbox.com when the service comes back online. This is server maintenance only

Xbox 360 System update now available (no new features)

A few minutes ago, the team released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE. Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you’ll recieve a prompt to accept this mandatory update. This update contains code to ‘prepare for future growth of the service.’ There are no other changes or enhancements in this update…in other words no new features. The next obvious question you’ll have is about the Spring update. At this point we have nothing to announce, and the moment there is information to share I will do so.

Source Major Nelson.

Has these updates got somrthing to do with a game that coming out soon????

Yep, and now a mandatory dash update for today and downtime on Moday I think they may be implementing a system like Halo for GTA on the dash.

I can't remember the exact things the Halo one does but i think you can check each others stats and other bits to do with the game, someone with Halo help please.