We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest MrLolololXD

Got my first camera over the weekend, it's a Nikon D3100. Started taking a couple of shots yesterday and today when I got home from work today, this is what I've come up with so far :)

7535250744_eaf218e24b_b.jpg

009 by MrLolololXD [Forza pics], on Flickr

7535239272_384399b527_b.jpg

022 by MrLolololXD [Forza pics], on Flickr

7535244606_a922fbf6e7_b.jpg

014 by MrLolololXD [Forza pics], on Flickr

7535234470_e7a1872983_b.jpg

DSC_0042 by MrLolololXD [Forza pics], on Flickr

7535229394_e36ed9ff4b_b.jpg

DSC_0051 by MrLolololXD [Forza pics], on Flickr

7535221918_95da90a275_b.jpg

DSC_0093 by MrLolololXD [Forza pics], on Flickr

And yes I ran out of space on my normal Flickr account so I uploaded them on my Forza one, but I'll upgrade my normal/usual account to pro then re-upload all of my pics onto that one instead.

And this is my entry into this weeks PoTW comp :D

7535225582_6d96549608_b.jpg

DSC_0080 by MrLolololXD [Forza pics], on Flickr

Guest MrLolololXD

Lol, thanks :D

I couldn't decide between the Nikon D3100 and the Canon 1100D, but decided on the Nikon because I thought it would be more beginner friendly. It has some guide mode which has helped me with a lot so far

ah yep fair enough, I have the 1000D which is basically the old version of the 1100D

just a few quick questions

Do you use Auto White Balance?

What Metering Mode do you have it on?

What Mode do you shoot in?

Do you have your ISO set on auto or do you adjust it manually?

Guest MrLolololXD
ah yep fair enough, I have the 1000D which is basically the old version of the 1100D

just a few quick questions

Do you use Auto White Balance?

What Metering Mode do you have it on?

What Mode do you shoot in?

Do you have your ISO set on auto or do you adjust it manually?

I had the ISO set to auto for those shots.

For my Shelby Daytona and the grass shot, it has a manually adjustable, close range/macro mode. So I used that, I was just playing around randomly with the settings in there though, so I don't exactly know what it was I did change lol

The ones of my cat were on full auto, they were within the first 10 photos I took from turning the camera on for the first time. I think I took the photo of my dove on auto too :mhmm:

I used the auto white balance in those shots, but I've tried using it on the different settings in different brightnesses now :)

1. I would try adjusting it manually, High ISO for low light to increase shutter speed, Low ISO in high light for faster shutter speeds, a high ISO can also produce noise (the stuff that looks like dust)

2. If you want I can give you a full explanation on metering in a PM, using a certain metering mode can drastically improve your Photos

3. The white balance isn't to do with the brightness, it is to do with the Kelvin Temperature of the light which produces different colour casts. you use white balance to counteract those colour casts ;)

(I learnt all this from my class ;))

Guest MrLolololXD

Ooh, ok. Thanks for that info. And yes a full explanation on metering modes would be great and much appreciated, I could use all the tips and tricks I can get :D