We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice shots everyone!

Was up early for Mountain Climbing and a drive on the twisty Dee-Side/cairngorm Roads!:cool:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/PB060006.jpg

Took this at the car park at the Glenshee Ski Center. I Got a thing for the Salt Flats in the USA, and like getting shots of snow/Frost simaler to a shot of the salt flats i saw!:D

Nice one! One of your more abstract style shots Tom. It may not be in the rules of photography as the car should be nearer the middle of the shot if anything but in this shot it really works and I love the colour of the Cali against the wall. ;)

Something that is not car-related, from me and something that is. :p

5156180109_2140e7d0b6_z.jpg

Red Admiral by David J. Anderson, on Flickr

5156349747_1533fcc532_z.jpg

Alfa Romeo 8C Spyder by David J. Anderson, on Flickr

Great photos everyone!

These are from about a month ago. First time with an SLR camera at a race track, so I had my first go at panning.

5126924465_c52ec54f14.jpg

Ferrari F430 Challenge by Scott Molineaux, on Flickr

5127517528_82eb186c5a.jpg

Ferrari 430 Scuderia by Scott Molineaux, on Flickr

5127527462_e0f9556822.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX STi by Scott Molineaux, on Flickr

Any tips on how I can improve?

Panning is very much a knack, theory will only get you so far. The key is to keep the car in exactly the same place within the frame for the duration of the exposure. Obviously once the shutter goes down the viewfinder becomes black so you have to keep moving at exactly the right speed.

You need to set your shutter right though, the highest I tend to use is 1/125, you can go higher if the subject is moving that fast but I rarely find a need. 1/60 - 1/80 I find quite nice for panning. Practice is a must, just keep going and going.

Finally, my panning is pretty awful, lulz. The likes of Kelvy, The Queen and Mb however are very very good at it.

Panning is very much a knack, theory will only get you so far. The key is to keep the car in exactly the same place within the frame for the duration of the exposure. Obviously once the shutter goes down the viewfinder becomes black so you have to keep moving at exactly the right speed.

You need to set your shutter right though, the highest I tend to use is 1/125, you can go higher if the subject is moving that fast but I rarely find a need. 1/60 - 1/80 I find quite nice for panning. Practice is a must, just keep going and going.

Finally, my panning is pretty awful, lulz. The likes of Kelvy, The Queen and Mb however are very very good at it.

Agreed! my first panning was awful but is now better nd can atleast get a good one now.

But Agreed @ kelvjy and Mb's panning skills!

Thanks t. :o Very nice shot of the Cali as well :cool:

HawkeyePierce4077 Great shots for your first go at panning, I wish most of my shots from my first go came out like that :(

Queen Love the colours in the butterfly shot and awesome panning on the legend car :drool:

I wish I had some new stuff for you guys but I don't :sulk: Is an old photo of a Ferrari ok ?

_smaller.jpg