We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your Top 5 Favourite Supercars (Possible 56k Killer!)

DriftNismo

I feel like the R8 is debatable but an Evo and a skyline are completely out the question.

Here is the definition of a Supercar: (that i found)

Super car is a term generally used for a high-end supercar, whose performance is highly superior to that of its contemporaries. It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car with a centrally located engine, and stated in more general terms: "it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match," "it should be sleek and eye-catching" and its price should be "one in a rarified atmosphere of its own. but the proper application of the term is subjective and disputed, especially among enthusiasts. The use of the term can be dependent on the era: a vehicle that may have been considered a supercar at one time may not retain its superiority indefinitely. The term supercar may refer to factory-built, street-legal sports cars. Some supercars include some of the features required for race cars, like the roll cage, while other supercars are in general race cars with only the minimum legal required modifications made (e.g. meeting emission regulations, legal tyres, limited exhaust note) to be street legal.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it seems people are STILL arguing about what a goddamn supercar is so i'll say this again and hopefully SOMEONE will take note of what i say this time:

The only reason i put the Z-Tune down as a supercar is because it IS a supercar. When you go on sites with reviews and specs and watch shows like Top Gear and Best Motoring etc. they call LP640s hypercars. They call 430 Scuderias supercars. If you look on pretty much ANY site that has a review of the Z-Tune or hear the presenters mention a Z-Tune on Top Gear or Best Motoring or other shows, THEY CALL IT A SUPERCAR. This is because IT IS CLASSED AS A SUPERCAR. Therefore IT IS A SUPERCAR.

On the other hand, a stock R34 GTR is not. It doesn't matter if a car is tuned. A C6 is a sports car. But is a C6R not a supercar? Does it matter if it's tuned? You don't look at a 1600hp Supra and say: "Wow, that's a quick sports car" do you?

Haha yeah right. To be honest you'll probably find they said more along the lines of it has supercar performance or specs but they will not say it is a supercar, maybe again a super car but not a true supercar.

You're a different generation I gather, Fast and the Furious and Drifting has warped younger people's views on what has been going on for the last 50 years, I respect the Skyline and Z-tune but they are by no way a supercar in the sense of the word in how and why it was created.

Guest RB26DETT

But is a C6R not a supercar? Does it matter if it's tuned?

wouldn't that be classed as a race car already, along with the other touring cars.

meh, you know what. i won't argue now, i'm pretty sick of it and i suck at arguments. i failed my first and only debate. :p i'll keep my views of what a supercar is to myself.

@Balto:

That list kinda made me laugh.. No offense or anything, but did you read all of the posts? Neither of those cars are real, thoroughbred supercars.. The Viper is a high-perfomance exotic, I'll give you that, but it isn't really a supercar. The Z06, Camaro and GT500 aren't really "that" high-performance *ducks*, I mean for gods sakes, the GT500 has LEAFSPRINGS! WHAT THE HELL? MY AUDI A4 DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THAT! And the Audi R8, which I adore by the way, is also a high-performance sportscar.. I know you'll completely disagree with my, but by the right terms, those aren't supercars..

EDIT: And by the way, the Skylines aren't either, and noone thinks the 612 is by any means a supercar, it's a GT car, which is a car, as far as I know anyways, that's supposedly easy to live with, can be driven on an almost daily basis, but a little faster than your common-as-muck BMW 3-series.

Yes it is ¬¬" If the Ford GT is classified supercar then the viper and corvette should be as well for having the same/better performance.