We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU-C Sound Mod Pack 3 *Now Released*

S71NG3R

Guest RB26DETT

I was asking about a real skyline. :D The problem with pro-street is getting a clear sound without all the other background noise. :cry:

shucks! go to Japan then and ask Monster Nagata to lend you his Skyline? just kidding. :p

• Replies 94
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feedback!

A few cars have issues with when the sound changes from one file into another. Often the pitch sounds odd or there are two completely different sounds that clash. Not sure about which car has a super/turbocharger and what don't, but some cars sounded like they had when in fact they hadn't and vice versa. The supercharged Saleen 'Stangs didn't have any audible supercharger, but the Extreme Coupe did. Maybe some cars must have the forced induction sound in common car and some in the files themselves. Another weird thing is that some cars had transmission whine even when in neutral

Nonetheless, top work and credit to all involved, especially to the bloke who did the Spykers, they're mint. With the Spyker engines being derived from Audi engines, I think I will have a go at "Audifying" them for the V8 Audis, if nobody minds :D

I'd better apologise right now for being a realism perfectionist ;)

bug on pack 3 for the esprit v8 it repeats the sound

too much spacing between

there are also repeats on the challenge stradale and a second sound on the countach

u should think about redoing the sounds on the enzo, s7ing3r

I hate the BNK file size limiting... thing. I have a nice little prog called SUPER that can compress .wav files, but whenever I do it they aren't recognised by TDU for some reason and so they go silent. Anyone know the exact .wav file type TDU uses? I have tried ADPCM IMA, ADPCM MICROSOFT, WAV-(pcm16 little-endian) and WAV-(pcm U8) in mono but like I say the sounds are not played at all :eek:

The smallest wav. The one with '4 #####' in the name.

Oh, also, make sure they're exactly the same length (or a bit more), but aslong as the bnk editor pads it with zeros, you're fine. If it truncates, then it wont work. Which will be where the silencing is comgin from.

Success!!

All you need to do to get any size sound in any car is sample a very, very small bit of it. Using a program like http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ that one, take the engine sound that is too big, zoom in very closely and look at the pattern of the oscillograph. You will notice that there is a very distinct repeating pattern. Simply highlight one of these phrases from a point at the beginning to the same placed point at the end (you might want to select some wobbly bits that may be in it too, for added roughness), press shift and play to loop it and voila - an engine sound you could use, less than a few milliseconds in length!

Like all the sounds so far except my game crashes when i try and go into Koenigsegg showroom, my game never crashed until i put those sounds on so its something to do with the sound mod.

I've not had this problem before.

Can you restore the default Koenigsegg sounds and see if you can go in the showroom.

If it works Alt-tab out of TDU copy the Koenigsegg modded sounds into your vehicles folder then re-enter the showroom and see if it works.

Did you change the Spyker C8 Spider T sound?

I tried to go in, and my TDU locked up.

What pack did you download?

If it was the extreme then yes I did but I went for a test drive to test them and they were working ok.

And this doesn't get much publisity!! (Well obviously it does hehe). It's only (as far as Ive seen) been posted here and Atari USA. Obviously It'd be on EU Forum, but well ... EULA applies there and not here (ish) ;)

Publisity? Wtf may that be lol.

PUBLICITY, even i know:rolleyes::D

@ Stinger: Ok, then i'll see what i can do.

I've not had this problem before.

Can you restore the default Koenigsegg sounds and see if you can go in the showroom.

If it works Alt-tab out of TDU copy the Koenigsegg modded sounds into your vehicles folder then re-enter the showroom and see if it works.

I replaced it with original sounds, and i can access the showroom and i did what you said and when i do that my game freezes up. If you are wondering i go into the showroom with spyker and koenigsegg.

Feedback from someone on the USA Atari Forums:

I'm not a TDU-C member, but I did DL the soundpack 3. Most are good, but here's my thoughts:

Audi TT: has a "click" in the loop. Just a little too annoying, went back to original.

AM Vantage: sound is either on or off. Acceleration sound is good and throaty, but goes to nothing when you let off the gas. Went back to original.

RS4: too much bass. Went back.

AC 289: too rumbly.

Elise: crackling sounds.

XJ220: I like the original better.

S4 Cabriolet: static-y.

F430 and Spyder: Awsome sound! I can finally drive these cars.

All the Mustangs and the Firebird: Good powerful deep throaty sounds.

good pack all around. Sure wish there was a way to fix the RUF sounds . . .

smile.gif

I replaced it with original sounds, and i can access the showroom and i did what you said and when i do that my game freezes up. If you are wondering i go into the showroom with spyker and koenigsegg.

That is strange I can't get my TDU to lockup at all.

I've tried again, now everything runs smoothly again. :)

So it wasn't the sound mods that caused a problem at my place! :D

Good work on the sound, i drove with some cars today, enjoyed it a lot.

Only the AC 289 doesn't really sound right in my ears. It sounds almost the same at all revs.