We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New User Registration Changes

Eudemon

In light of the recent PM spammers, spambots and the annoying idiots and companies who think that kind of stuff actually works we have made a small change to new user registrations and the ability to use the Private Message system.

This change is that new users must now have 15 posts (subject to change) or more before they will be able to use the PM system.

Should this continue to happen then other measures will be sought and taken if need be.

TDU Central Staff

Note: Depending on when you hit 15 posts you may have to wait between 1-25mins for your status to be recognised.

That is very weird indeed. I can see that SLRR is not in the Usergroup that you are promoted to on reaching 15 posts. I have tested this out with bob the test account I always have on all forums I work on and he is should be banned restricted from PM'ing and gets an error should he try to do so.

SLRR can you send me a Private Message, I want to check something. Nothing detailed just a simple message, thanks!

That is very weird indeed. I can see that SLRR is not in the Usergroup that you are promoted to on reaching 15 posts. I have tested this out with bob the test account I always have on all forums I work on and he is should be banned restricted from PM'ing and gets an error should he try to do so.

SLRR can you send me a Private Message, I want to check something. Nothing detailed just a simple message, thanks!

Okey i will send you a message :)

I cant send you a pm

if i click on your name i dont have the mail option

Diablo there is an easier method my friend uses on his forum, not sure if you can implement it on here but since spam bots are programmed just to sign up on forums and spam, they can't do anything else. And you know when you register you get those code boxes and weird writing and you have to put it into the box, well it's like those but it's a Mathematical problem, where it randomly generates and equation e.g 4+9= and there's a box where the uses puts in the answer.

Just a suggestion if this new Registration Change doesn't work out.

Spambots know those, the majority of them anyway, the best ones I have seen are the ones where you have to select the car or the cat or the seal from 3 or 4 pics below. Problem with that though is accessibility is reduced for those who use screen readers and such.

Spambots know those, the majority of them anyway, the best ones I have seen are the ones where you have to select the car or the cat or the seal from 3 or 4 pics below. Problem with that though is accessibility is reduced for those who use screen readers and such.

How many people do seriously think sign up here using screen readers etc?