We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

dc300m02: Porsche Carrera GT (rough BETA)

dc300m02

Uhm, cuz it's a Porsche and EA has only the rights to put Porsches in their games, It's the same story for BMW.

I'm pretty sure that said license has now expired for BMW at least (most recent major games include them since PGR3's DLC) and if companies are loaded then they can pay for the Porsche license (microoft paying for the useage rights in forza)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dc300m02, so far so good :). However, I've got 1 request. While you're making the Carrera GT and you say to yourself "yeah, that's great!", sit back... relax.. and think for a sec... then you say "no!... that's not great :/ I can do better" .. and make this car even better :). All I wanna say is: MAKE THIS CAR AS GOOD AS COULD ONLY BE :)

Don't put the mesh. The CGT doesn't have it. try to keep it as original as possible.

Great work on the wing:thumbsup:

I think it does, just set back a bit, shall have a look at my photo's.

EDIT: Looking at them I can't tell but the car colour certainly goes to black inside the air-vents and it looks like there is a carbon fibre inlay thing.

I'll probably just make it dark. If I find some room for a mesh, we'll see how that goes!

Updates:

I finally figured out how to make the lights work (the rear at least). The reflection is off, but I'm tired and have to work in 5 hours. And yes, the lights on the spoiler do move up and down with the spoiler :thumbsup: Even if you are braking and moving the spoiler at the same time!

TestDriveUnlimited%202008-08-29%2002-07-47-48.jpg

TestDriveUnlimited%202008-08-29%2002-07-56-93.jpg

I still need to fix:

Side mirrors

Space between exhaust

Badges

Reflections

Some body panels

Exactly ! GT's sound is the best exhaust sound in the entire world ! hope someone manage to do so !

Lol, sounds good, but not as good as a Ferrari!

A Ferrari has a sound which no manufacturer can get even slightly close to!

I think the Porsche Carrera GT is a fake, its boring, its big, its ugly, and a waste of money if you ask me!

The only good Porsche's were the early 964/930 Turbo!

Porsche today have become like VW Golfs, too big and slow!