We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Google Chrome

pyrre

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I've just quickly installed it , cause i wasn't really too impressed with the newest version of firefox(gone back to version 2 )

and first impression are very nice, smooth and so far very stable, only thing i'm not too sure about and now this could be just me, there is no visible button to click on to access your bookmarks

EDIT: just found the bookmark tab, it was within another button, but you can choose to put it onto the main page

I love the amount of glass effect there is in the top :D <3 vista.

It doesn't support the "show the text what is should look like" feature in this reply. It's displaying things on the forum like IE I think. And the tabs in the window bar at the top when it's maximised!

And there's no bar at the bottom, just flows to the start bar!

Love the looks of it so far!

Guest RB26DETT

few thoughts:

first, i like the skin! :D

second, how come when i maximize the window, my tabs disappear. it's still there but it's not visible so i have to restore it to smaller window to change tabs. right now i have mine restored down and just stretched it. :P hey, it's still a BETA.

and last, i can't scroll up and down when clicking the click wheel on my mouse.

Oh great another browser to develop and make sure compatibility works but tbh I'm not that worried as if there's one thing Google is good at it's following standards so I would expect what works in Firefox to work in Chrome just as well.

Be interesting to watch this and it still amazes me just how crap IE is compared to the good browsers!

You want to see serious speed grab Safari by Apple, I have no idea what they feed it but damn it's Yusain Bolt fast!

Dodgy text rendering and other niggles spoil it though.

[+] Ran into my first problem with Chrome. I have RocketDock at the top and when maximised the tab bars are behind the Dock, being able to put them slightly lower down or something would be a good option. I know it's a beta and I'm sure some people will mention this but first impressions are good it's is quick I'll give it that.

[.+] Interesting, an issue I experience with the site in only Safari is appearing in Chrome also, need to watch for that me thinks!

Guest RB26DETT

okay. i gave up on the BETA and moved back to Firefox. check boxes aren't shown on mine, it didn't fix with a reinstall. i'll wait for the actual release.

people on computerforum ran speedtests and FF is still faster. O_O speedtest isn't accurate though so they say.

http://www.computerforum.com/129738-firefox-3-vs-google-chrome-speedtest-net.html

I've started useing it and really like it. The one problem is that when i click from another program I have open to it, it changes the tab at the top because there is no top thing. This is more of an advantage than a drawback because of all the space it saves. Love it. Hasn't crashed in the couple of hours I've been using it and everything loads quickly and easily. Very nice.