We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What game should i get?

TDU 505

What game should i get?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What game should i get?

Far Cry 2: Prepare for looping. This game is way too repetitive. I'll get some action but the map is big and the missions very similar. Go here, go there, go there again, come back for more... and in the way I'll get lots of armed thugs at the crossroads, which later becomes a big inconvenient because you are just passing but they damage your car quickly and you have to stop to fix it and to kill the buggers. Multiply this by 4 (at least) in every mission or simple cruising around the map. Later you'll get a new map, but the situations are the same all over again... with the inconvenient that they now have mortars, rocket launchers and other "heavy artillery" power.

Mirror's Edge: Hm,. I don't know this game, never heard about it...

Fallout 3: To put it simple... the Oblivion scheme doesn't combine very good with fire weapons. I was very excited about this game, but when I got it... well, I was a little disappointed. The begining is terrific, but then when the action really starts, things get very hard at fightings... But the game is receiving very good ratings everywhere, maybe you'll like it. ;)

RaceDriver:GRID : This one is just another disappointing Codemasters game. After CMR Dirt, this is no surprise. Graphics are good, but gameplay is very bad in my opinion, it's too arcade and cheesy. It looks like a game made for american kids. I don't recommend it.

Race Driver 3 is the best yet.

Conclusion: Between the three games I know, go for Fallout 3. ;)

Toss up between Mirror's Edge and Fallout 3. But i voted for the latter on account of me having it!

Never played Oblivion but I did watch my dad play Morrowind a lot and Fallout isn't much like it. The entire game world is fairly diverse, the map isn't really as big as everyone says it is, huge selection of weapons (including, but not limited to, the Rock-It Launcher, Shishkebab, Nuka-Cola grenade, The Kneecapper and a minigun called Eugene), and to top it off, the whole thing is pretty tongue-in-cheek.

If you ever wanted to know what 1950s future post-apocolyptia felt like, this is a great game to get :D

What happened to GTA4 PC version?

What happened to GTA4 PC version?

Is taking so much time to arrive to PC that a lot of people are just not so interested any more... and I don't blame them. It's one more nail in the coffin of the "PC conversion delays", to force people to buy consoles instead.

And for what I heard, the game is different from previous ones... more real and not so funny... we'll see.

I'd say it's a toss between Mirror's Edge, Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3, although not having played Fallout 3 I can't really give an opinion on it although i'm not going to rule it out because of this.

- Not played Fallout 3 but apparently it is really good and the story is pretty involving.

- I LOVE Far Cry 2 full stop. It is has everything that makes it a dream game for me. I have been following it since April or May and had it on preorder since June. There are so many story missions and side missions and things to do and people to kill. Theres then a huge array of weapons and many vehicles and things to buy. On top of that, the graphics are amazing, storyline changes for each character and nobody's game is ever the same as well as other things change. Theres a 50km map to explore with a North Region and South Region. I don't think I will ever get bored of playing it is just absolutely amazing in my eyes. The whole package is just worth it and I got my copy for only £20! This is the game I am going to vote for in this poll though as it's the best game I own at the moment and I do have my reasons. (More than) highly recommended!

- Mirror's Edge is really quite a unique game. I know people say it is boring etc.. but it really isn't if you look from a specific point of view. It is so fast paced and heart thumping that it really gets your adrenaline going with dashing from building to building and over-coming tricky puzzles getting you problem solving before you know it. I am now at the end of Chapter 3 and it was really quite difficult to stop after one night as I wanted to go on. I do have other games to play. But I do recommend this as it is well worth it. PC version isn't coming out until next year though due to piracy issues and I think they are right to postpone it because of this.

But my opinion is only one of few and ultimately it boils down to what you really want. Other people can only suggest and recommend but it is YOUR choice in the end. ;)

I'd PC version isn't coming out until next year though due to piracy issues and I think they are right to postpone it because of this.

Why would it matter if they release mirrors edge now or later? People are still going to pirate the game then. IMO, they should just release it now. See what i'm saying?

Also, if you havn't already got CRYSIS, get that. it IS like far cry 1 (havn't played FC2), but the things you can do with it are AWESOME. there are litterally thousands of custom made maps by people and you can make your own with sandbox 2. It's also online, I havn't got to play online much, but the tiny bit i HAVE played has been fantastic.

Why would it matter if they release mirrors edge now or later? People are still going to pirate the game then. IMO, they should just release it now. See what i'm saying?

No I don't. If they release it now then they are basically spending money on something which they won't get back due to so many people pirating games on PC nowadays. If they release it later then people will actually buy the game because it is on 360 and PS3 and I know people can still pirate those but it's much harder than it would be if it was on PC.

So they are staying safe and releasing it on PC AFTER the consoles to actually gain some sales from it.~

Also I think they will need to iron a lot of bugs out for the PC version due to so many different PC specifications. Consoles on the other hand are much the same so they know that the game has a high chance of working.

GRiD is a good game, but the G25 doesn't work properly with it (No FFB) Graphics are great, crash dynamics are great, handling is crap...what more do you want?!

Far Cry was a brilliant game in it's day, I believe the game's graphics still outperform some games even today. Far Cry 2 is a Crysis wannabe, but I dont think the trailers shown the best parts

Haven't played the other two!

what i meant when i said why not release it now instead of then is because, when it does come out, people are going to pirate it. if it came out now, they are going to pirate it.

so no matter when they release the game, people are going to pirate it.

Did you even read my last post?

Doesn't seem like it because you are arguing exactly the same point which I quoted and added my point to in my last post.