We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU: Install to Hardrive [NXE]

Who

Has anyone else tried the option to install to Hardrive with the New Xbox Experience?

Perhaps this is just a placebo effect, but following the install, load times seemed shorter, traffic seemed smother, draw distance better and much more detail from long distances, with less pop up of buildings and trees.

Has anyone else noticed similar things happening, and can anyone do a direct comparison? Thanks

Tsk tsk tsk we PC & PS3'ers have been doing that for ages.

Do you ever post anything thats worthwhile? :oook:

But to be fair the 360 hasn't needed the install feature because its disc drive can spin fast enough to keep decent load times. Whereas the BluRay drive on the PS3 is still pretty slow, hence the install feature there is a necessity if you want to have a playable game.

Do you ever post anything thats worthwhile? :oook:

But to be fair the 360 hasn't needed the install feature because its disc drive can spin fast enough to keep decent load times. Whereas the BluRay drive on the PS3 is still pretty slow, hence the install feature there is a necessity if you want to have a playable game.

No i just dont see why everyone is getting hyped over a feature that frankly should of been standard with the 360 at launch.

"Oooh look at me i can install my games to the 360 Hard drive now" Big whoop it only took them like what? 2, 3 years? Microsoft is starting to lose the console race now & they know it. Why do you think they are ripping off other consoles ideas now(Mii's from nintendo & NXE is pretty much a rip off of the PS3 XMB with a few fancy features)

...hey you got an R8 yet?...

Wrong thread for MCLA chat. :p But no I haven't. :)

On topic: I installed TDU onto my HDD from my cracked disc (with a quarter inch cr@ck in the centre) and it works flawlessly now, even though before I installed it I got disc unreadable!!

Nipper;125864']

On topic: I installed TDU onto my HDD from my cracked disc (with a quarter inch cr@ck in the centre) and it works flawlessly now, even though before I installed it I got disc unreadable!!

'Yeah but the PS3 could install from a disc in 2 halfs'. :p

Ave not done it to TDU but i have installed Midnight Club: LA and it seems to not so much make loading times faster but there is certainly no visible graphic loading or car loading times anymore.

The real test comes down to games like Left 4 Dead and GTA: IV.

'Yeah but the PS3 could install from a disc in 2 halfs'. :p

'Yea, but the PC can install a game without any disc of any kind at all!!'

Therefore, if we assume the above two statements to be true, then PC > PS3 > X360.

But in reality it is more like PC > X360 > Wii > PS2 > Gamecube > Atari 2600 > NES > Delaystation 3.

:D

*Awaits the fanboys reply*

TDU with harddrive install is great, graphics look sharper, especially in car, loads unbeleivably quick on the loading scvreens, and no traffic pop up as of yet. Cars still take a second to load in the garage but not as bad as it used to be. loving it.

Shadow stop being a fanboy, its getting annoying now, if its not constructive and just blantently slagging off things about the xbox then don't post.