We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nissan Cheats!

G3RMAN

The new Nissan GTR is supposed to be faster than a Porsche 911 GT2.Can anyone explain why a car with less power and more weight is supposed to beat the best new Porsche around the track it was designed on?.Nissan used race tyres to beat the Porsche GT2 and only just why would they blatently lie

Uh, Nissan did beat them. The Nissan actually goes around corners without smoke behind it.

The GT is more aerodynamic and grippy than the GT2. In addition, some drivers are just plain better than others. Oh, and both cars were tested extensively at the ring.

That's like asking how the much heavier, less aerodynamic Veyron is faster that the CCXR.

Okay, how about this. I really can`t argue with you any more until you start punctuating properly. I`m having trouble deciphering what you write. Just a comma or period here in there would help, thanks.

Anywho, power to weight is almost totally irrelevant. What matters is how that power is put down. You need torque, and you need wheels to transfer it to the ground.

Okay, how about this. I really can`t argue with you any more until you start punctuating properly. I`m having trouble deciphering what you write. Just a comma or period here in there would help, thanks.

He's German, so English probably isn't his first language and he is speaking pretty damn well in English. So really, you shouldn't be moaning at him for not using the correct grammar.

He's German eh? That would explain why he's so miffed that a Nissan is capable of outperforming a Porsche. :P But seriously, the GTR has MASSIVE amounts of grip. So much in fact that Clarkson (Of Top Gear fame) seriously hurt his neck when testing it out on the Fuji Speedway. LINK: http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/ouch-my-neck#/uk/videos-by-category?VideoCategory=Popular

Not to forget that the Nissan GTR is putting 480hp down at the wheels (480 being the number Nissan is advertising), meaning that the engine itself is producing over 500hp.

Guest RB26DETT

nissan cheats my bloody ass! porsche cheats by putting up their best 911 in the range against a base model GTR. pathetic.

german, stop posting old news!

You seriously think that the engineering that went into the GTR is more impressive than that of the engineering of the Porsche, or any Porsche? Wow, wake up kid...

The GTR is quite well know as an engineering masterpice, its weather you like the 'playstation' feel of it more than the engineering you should question without looking like an idiot ;)

OK here comes trouble ...

[rant]

right first of all ... I for one believe the GT-R could beat a Porsche round the ring ... if you know the ring (even on a computer game) you'll know it's as much about twists and turns and bumps as it is about straights and because it's so varied that's why the companies like to use it for serious performance and handling development of some of their cars.

As to why I think the GT-R beats the Porsche ... because of the simple facts that because of the engineering in the car it can deliver the power more efficiently and more of the time and that the GT-R must have (I don't know for sure) a better weight balance than the Porsche which has it's engine in the wrong position!

Now to another point ... so how is a GT-R a jumped up family car? ... OK the older Skyline GT-Rs were ... but really since the R33 they have been as much a family car as any 911 ... have you seen how much room is in the rear of the new GT-R?

[/rant]

Why do so many people think that a jumped up family car is better than a supercar?I mean the Gt2 is faster than a lambo LP 560.

It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car with a centrally located engine",

As quoted from Wikipedia. A Porsche 911 is already NOT a supercar.

Guest RB26DETT

There are multiple occasions where he says the 911 is a Beetle. :p

Check out Season 11 Episode 1 where they look for the greatest road in the world. Clarkson in a Superleggera, Hammond in a GT3RS and May in Vantage N24.

Well the Beetle was designed by Ferdinand Porsche and the Porsche 356 was designed by his son ... also called Ferdinand ... and that got replaced by the 911 ... and if you look at the side profiles of all 3 you can spot the evolution ... you have to use an original 911 though

Hence a 911 is a Beetle

There are multiple occasions where he says the 911 is a Beetle. :p

Check out Season 11 Episode 1 where they look for the greatest road in the world. Clarkson in a Superleggera, Hammond in a GT3RS and May in Vantage N24.

The one I remember was in Season 10 with the Audi R8 vs Carrera 4 (or sth.). Jezza was driving the R8 and when suddenly Hammond came out of a corner with the 911, he said "And that`s probably Hamster with his stupid Beatle". There :