We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mouthwash can give you Cancer

eleKtro

OUTHWASHES containing alcohol can cause oral cancer and should be removed from supermarket shelves, a dental health study claims. Scientists say there is now "sufficient evidence" that such mouthwashes contribute to an increased risk of the disease.

The ethanol in mouthwash is thought to allow cancer-causing substances to permeate the lining of the mouth.

Michael McCullough, associate professor of oral medicine at the University of Melbourne, Australia, who led the study, said: "We see people with oral cancer who have no other risk factors than the use of (mouthwash containing alcohol], so what we've done is review all the evidence.

"Since this article, further evidence has come out, too. We believe there should be warnings. If it was a facial cream that had the effect of reducing acne but had a four to fivefold increased risk of skin cancer, no-one would be recommending it."

http://news.scotsman.com/health/Using-mouthwash-could-increase-risk.4868162.jp

I found it interesting.

A new "study" comes out everyday saying this or that can give you cancer. There'll be a "study" out soon saying that sleeping will give you cancer and I bet that most people will believe it as everybody is so bloody gullible.

Well, apparently sleeping with a bra on can give you breast cancer...

Cancer, shmancer.

Everything can give you cancer now-a-days.

Eating off a plate gives you cancer. Using a computer gives you cancer. Apples give you cancer.

Unless you drink mouthwash everyday, I doubt you will get cancer, somehow

That's probably exactly why this happened, idiots clean out their mouth then drink the mouthwash containing all the germs instead of spitting it out.

That's probably exactly why this happened, idiots clean out their mouth then drink the mouthwash containing all the germs instead of spitting it out.

I'm sure it won't be the germs in your mouth doing it, your swolling this all the time, will also all get destroyed in the stomac. The floride is the reason you don't swollow mouthwash isn't it?